Coach Barbee was at Wallace State Hanceville yesterday watching Lacey!

AUnCullman

I was there to watch basketball, especially Butler's Trevor Lacey. I'm on front row right behind the college scouts table and right before halftime of the Butler game in walks coach Barbee and another man in AU gear. After the game, I got to shake his hand and do some small talk. He was very cordial to everyone and also, the guy is huge!! I am 6' 235pds and he dwarfed me and looks like he could still play.

Interesting facts during the game:

1)Butler was clearly more talented than the team they played against but looked like they just wanted to play streetball. I really was not that impressed with Lacey at that time.

2)When coach Barbee showed up and was sitting at the coaches table right there 4 ft from the court, Trevor didnt notice him until they came back out on the court before the 3rd qtr. Trevor kept looking over at coach during warmups. Looks like he was really happy to see coach.

3)2nd half was nothing but the Trevor Lacey show and his teammates just kept feeding him the ball

4)With a huge lead the Butler coach pulled all his starters out with about 2 minutes left EXCEPT Trevor. LOL

I am pretty sure since I was sitting strait across from the Butler coach that I seen him tell Trevor to score "two more", dont know why, thats just what it looked like he said.

:we:

butler might be merged with other schools in huntsville in the near future. huntsville city schools are having a lot of problems. as good as hoops are at butler the football program might be the worst in the state.

Butler will be shut down at the end of this year if not the next. All depends on when the new Lee High will be finished. And agreed they have the worst football program in the state. Hands down.

If they merge with Lee, God help every other basketball program in the state. There seems to be a new power in the state as far as basketball talent goes. It used to be the Bammerham area.

Butler will be shut down at the end of this year if not the next. All depends on when the new Lee High will be finished. And agreed they have the worst football program in the state. Hands down.

If they merge with Lee, God help every other basketball program in the state. There seems to be a new power in the state as far as basketball talent goes. It used to be the Bammerham area.

They will merge with Lee, Huntsville, Johnson, and some will wind up at Grissom.

The majority of the athletes will end up at either Lee or Huntsville.

North Alabama basketball is going to take a hit when Trevor and Devin Langford leave for college.

I live in Huntsville and go to Columbia, the New school, and I beleive that Butler kids will end up at Columbia.  Our basketball team is decent as it is, but if we combine with Butler than we will not only become a 6A school, but will become one of the best.  Ive tried to ask around about LAcey, and know a girl who talks to his cousin.  Seems hes very High on AU.

Well from talking with HHS Coach and company they say Koodie and Kwhan will end up at Huntsville because of their relationship with Azaria Green and the possibility of playing 6A basketball in Sparkman's area.

We'll see.

Edit: And btw, HHS 57 Columbia 42       Go Big Red  :tease:

We still have a long way to go, but our chances were zero last week.  'Much better than that now.

To what do you attribute our rising status on Lacey's list? Is it becoming apparent that UK cannot find a spot for him? Has he become close with our staff?

Thanks for the info.

WDE!

We still have a long way to go, but our chances were zero last week.  'Much better than that now.

To what do you attribute our rising status on Lacey's list? Is it becoming apparent that UK cannot find a spot for him? Has he become close with our staff?

Thanks for the info.

WDE!

Our coaches have been working hard on his Dad.  He made a visit over the weekend to top it all off.  Our biggest obstacle right now is Komara.  Honestly, I just don't see how we're going to make better on that one.  We'll see, though.

anyone going to see him in bham wed?

I can't make it, but anybody in the bham area that can make it should go and support some auburn gear and signs, kinda like the football all star games.  Hopefully we can sway him.

Archived