Coach Barbee was at Wallace State Hanceville yesterday watching Lacey!

AUnCullman

I can tell you guys this, I was 20 ft away and Lacy couldn't take his eyes off Coach Barbee. It was almost stalkerish.  :laugh: But really it was neat and I think he really likes Coach Barbee.

We still have a long way to go, but our chances were zero last week.  'Much better than that now.

To what do you attribute our rising status on Lacey's list? Is it becoming apparent that UK cannot find a spot for him? Has he become close with our staff?

Thanks for the info.

WDE!

Our coaches have been working hard on his Dad.  He made a visit over the weekend to top it all off.  Our biggest obstacle right now is Komara.  Honestly, I just don't see how we're going to make better on that one.  We'll see, though.

So, I guess Komara is in his ear trying to dissuade him from coming to AU? Because of our "history" with him?

I wish there was some way we could get some closure on the whole Komara deal. Surely other programs have to be seeing what a questionable guy he is.

just saw trevor play at the bjcc, he did have 18 pts but overall i wasn't very impressed. the best part of his game is probably his defense. he did get a technical in the game and had 4 fouls, it was also pretty funny he was jawing with a midfield fan the whole game, but if we dont get him its not a big loss. i did see anthony grant after the game he went into the locker room after lacey.

You definitely can't judge how someone plays off of a single game.

If the kid is being pursued by UK, KU, UConn, etc. and you're still not impressed then idk what to tell ya. To be honest, he doesn't really try in high school games compared to how much he tries in the summer games that I've been to and watched him play.

Example:

EDIT: Just got done talking with some guys down there to watch and they said Trevor was doubled the entire game. I'm not surprised b/c teams have been doing that to him all season and he'd still go off for 40 or more.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LACEY in semi-final:

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-7615126150483335167/class-4a-boys-butler-64-midfield-42-with-video/

he wasnt doubled the whole game they just had one guy face guarding him the whole time. he'll be a good college player, its just ive seen better from kids in the final four over the past couple years. like eric bledsoe, stanley robinson, jordan swing, etc. it'll be interesting to see what he does in the championship game.

justin pride should be a good player for someone, he has really good ball handling skills.

Evenone knew this was gonna be a rough first year under a new coach. I'm still thrilled to death that we have a good man and a good coach in Tony Barbee. I can't wait til next year.  :laugh:

Supposedly Pride has been offered by AU as well. I'll ask around to try and confirm. Rivals hasn't reported it but they haven't updated his page in awhile either.

Interesting.

another unimpressive night for trevor, he took some really bad shots tonight. but again justin pride has great ball handling skills, and will be a really good assist guy in college.

I was there and you could tell his left knee was bothering him. I was there when he hurt the knee at the Huntsville Times Classic against Selma. It looked bad and pulled him from the game. Thought it went away but last night, especially on the airball, when he landed on that knee he looked uncomfortable.

I'm sure he'll be taking some time off from basketball to get that thing healthy and get back to performing to the level he was at the beginning of the year. The 44 points a night that we got used to seeing.

Archived