Opinions on Next Year's Team

Mr.President

Honestly that's not too farfetchd cullman. Look at how Barbee has done and who we have coming in

I am just thinking about the other teams that finished ahead of us that are young too. We would have to have top tier talent to overcome that. The entire SEC was overall talented but young, including us. There is talent here at AU but we have 3 star players playing against 4-5 star players on other teams.

Before you bash me about the stars dont matter, in basketball star power is more evident than football.

Looking at what we have coming back, two of our most talented players are recovering, slowly, from major injuries in Ty and Frankie. They could possibly lose a step. Ross I am excited about as well as Gabriel. Then what? Ward? He has as much talent as anyone in the country but he has had some bad injuries as well. Forbes? Maybe, but I just havnt seen it yet.

Coming in, we have some decent players but have they played against SEC talent yet? Not hardly. Wish we could have gotten Langford but thats another story. Lacey would be a good get.

The X-factor is Coach Barbee and our administration. I wish I would quit hearing about how there is a struggle there. I dont know what is going on behind closed doors but I wish they would have a come to Jesus meeting and get things cleared up. The Administration/Coach Barbee has a great opportunity to do something special in the future of AU basketball.  I think it would make his job more enjoyable and easier. 

I think we have the best coach in the SEC (obviously) but I just don't see it happening next year. If we win the West next year, I will buy you all a steak dinner.  :party:

Championship teams are typically made up of a blend of hungry, veteran over achievers and young talented players.  We will have that combination next year.  I think this team has gotten enough wins to know that they can win.  Ward expects to win.  The incoming frosh expect to win.  We beat Ole Miss, MS State, should beat LSU, Arkansas handled us, last second loss to Bama at their place.  I am trying to figure out why we cannot win the West.  Looks wide open to me.

Archived