Apartment Ideas - Current students please advise!

RG4ORDR

Where are some of the better and most economical apartments these days for new students?  My daughter will be starting in the fall and I am looking to start apartment hunting for her.  Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ian

:wareagle:

Hey,  I'm not currently a student but Lakewood Commons is where I lived just a few years ago and I loved it there.  It is right behind Winn-Dixie on college so the location is great.  There are both one bedroom and two bedroom units.  I want to say the rent for a one bedroom is around $500. 

It is pretty quiet as well because the buildings are all brick and well insulated so I always liked it because I could study in peace there.  And it sits on a small pond so you kind of feel like you're away from it all even though you're not. 

Hope this helps a little bit, but I loved it there. 

Hey,  I'm not currently a student but Lakewood Commons is where I lived just a few years ago and I loved it there.  It is right behind Winn-Dixie on college so the location is great.  There are both one bedroom and two bedroom units.  I want to say the rent for a one bedroom is around $500. 

It is pretty quiet as well because the buildings are all brick and well insulated so I always liked it because I could study in peace there.  And it sits on a small pond so you kind of feel like you're away from it all even though you're not. 

Hope this helps a little bit, but I loved it there. 

I live in Lakewood Commons now. It is definitely a nice quiet place. It is in a wooded area. The pond is nice to look at. You can even go fishing there. There is a pool and a basketball court, but the basketball court, isn't that well kept up. Rent for a 2 bedroom is around $700 for my brother and I. I like living here. This is my second year doing so. The location is convenient. It has a Tiger Transit stop, so I save a lot of money on gas by riding the transit to and from campus. You should look into it.

Check out Universiy village on Longleaf. Nice rooms, well insulated, and lots of amenities. And a tiger transit stop onsite. Very good place for freshmen

Since you'll be right across the street you might as well pop in University Heights and check it out.

STAY AWAY FROM THE GARDEN DISTRICT unless you like 250 dollar power bills?

I think it's easier for me to tell you where NOT to stay or which realtors to stay away from and why.  But I don't want to publish that on the internet because (if I had to guess) members of the three businesses I have a problem with have workers on this site.  And it wasn't me.  I'm a nerdy engineering student.  It was them.

Good luck. 

Advice: Do your research about the realty itself (ask around) before signing the lease.

Archived