Trevor Lacey set to announce

auriptide

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama should have a great Bball team next year

So should we! :thumbsup:

And BTW, sorry guys I had been hearing KU all the up until an hour before his announcement today. That's why you can't rely on people close to the situation. Trevor was the only one that knew what he was gonna do.

Until we actually get our head coach to sign our contract, don't expect to get elite players.  We need to set a date of end of May or we agree to part ways. 

Until we actually get our head coach to sign our contract, don't expect to get elite players.  We need to set a date of end of May or we agree to part ways. 

There is an interview on al.com that says he expects it to be signed in 7-10 days. It would now be in 6 -9 days. To be so definitive of opinion, it might help to know the facts.

Yes I am definitive of opinion.  He is not under contract and we just lost another top state recruit.  My opinion has not changed.  He announced today and "rumor" has it our coach is going to be signing a contact toward the end of this month.  That after a year of coaching without a contract.  Are you following?

Hey Doug,

Welcome to AuburnEagle.  We're glad you decided to join our home.

Not suprised..........Basketball has always been a tough go for us in Auburn. I just hate that the updykes are turning the corner.

No question it has always been tough. At the same time, how many occasions have we been a hat on the same table as Kentucky or Kansas for a basketball recruit? Not many.  I have no problems thinking recruits take Barbee very seriously as a coach and a recruiter. I also take him at his word that he will sign the contract and build a contender. With the exception of Donovan at UF and Cal at UK, the state of SEC basketball is not exactly at the heighth of it's strength. We are nowhere nearly as bad off as all the doomsayers want to think.

No question it has always been tough. At the same time, how many occasions have we been a hat on the same table as Kentucky or Kansas for a basketball recruit? Not many.  I have no problems thinking recruits take Barbee very seriously as a coach and a recruiter. I also take him at his word that he will sign the contract and build a contender. With the exception of Donovan at UF and Cal at UK, the state of SEC basketball is not exactly at the heighth of it's strength. We are nowhere nearly as bad off as all the doomsayers want to think.

I agree it was awesome that our name was with those big guys however look who beat us out for him.... We gotta start actually landing these kids if we wanna change our bball program. In the end it wasn't UK or KU that beat us out but Bama..... Grant just signed a top 10 class so Barbee really got his work cut out for em

We have to remember that Grant has a full year head start on Barbee.  I'm still very happy with Barbee as the head coach and I think the progress he makes on the court in year 2 will be the foundation he builds on moving forward.

I agree it was awesome that our name was with those big guys however look who beat us out for him.... We gotta start actually landing these kids if we wanna change our bball program. In the end it wasn't UK or KU that beat us out but Bama..... Grant just signed a top 10 class so Barbee really got his work cut out for em

Coach Barbee had his work cut out for him this past year too. He had to pick up the pieces that were left over from almost nothing.  So Grant beat us out for Lacey. I'm sure in the next several years he will not be the only recruit that is highly contested in this state. the great Tide beat us out for Bobby Lee hurt, Ennis Whatley and many others and people barely even remember their names.These guys were at the top of this states basketball talent. If you think that on an annual basis that the turds will beat out Kansas and Kentucky for the nations elite Bball talent, it would serve me no purpose to try to convince you otherwise, but IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. One recruit in basketball can have a great effect on a team simply by virtue of the number of players involved. Let's not annoint Grant king just yet. With what most would say was inferior talent against the turds we didn't do all that bad this past season. Do we want it to be different, of course, but give the man a little while to recover from the last coaches absolute disaster. Damn.

Coach Barbee had his work cut out for him this past year too. He had to pick up the pieces that were left over from almost nothing.  So Grant beat us out for Lacey. I'm sure in the next several years he will not be the only recruit that is highly contested in this state. the great Tide beat us out for Bobby Lee hurt, Ennis Whatley and many others and people barely even remember their names.These guys were at the top of this states basketball talent. If you think that on an annual basis that the turds will beat out Kansas and Kentucky for the nations elite Bball talent, it would serve me no purpose to try to convince you otherwise, but IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. One recruit in basketball can have a great effect on a team simply by virtue of the number of players involved. Let's not annoint Grant king just yet. With what most would say was inferior talent against the turds we didn't do all that bad this past season. Do we want it to be different, of course, but give the man a little while to recover from the last coaches absolute disaster. Damn.

Look I'm not saying Grant is gonna outrecruit UK or KU every year I'm just saying in this case he did. I'm just tired of us saying well look at least our name was in it. If we wanna change the mindset of the bball program we gotta change our current mindset of well at least we got close. I believe Barbee has the ability to take us to the next level I'm just disappointed we got beat out by the turds for an elite prospect. Just like football if you wanna be elite you gotta recruit at a high level. This years class is solid but the jurys still out on whether he'll be able to land those higher level talent. I'm not panicking or thinking it's hopeless and that Grant is some unstoppable force just saying it wasn't UK or KU that beat us it was the turds. Damn

Mea culpa, not jumping you, just tired of the overall attitude of people on Barbee, sign, recruit, coach and do it all by 5pm this afternoon. It is going to take a year or two. How long have we been a basketball power? Yeah that's what I thought. It's going to take some work , some time and all the posters complaints in the world, isn't going to change that.

Mea culpa, not jumping you, just tired of the overall attitude of people on Barbee, sign, recruit, coach and do it all by 5pm this afternoon. It is going to take a year or two. How long have we been a basketball power? Yeah that's what I thought. It's going to take some work , some time and all the posters complaints in the world, isn't going to change that.

Agreed he inherited a trainwreck.... I was proud of the improvement the team showed as the season went on. This year should be real interesting

It may have been stated already so I apologize, but the difference in what Grant inherited and what Barbee inherited are worlds apart. Grant had some good talent his first year and a decent foundation, Barbee did not. Give bama a class or two, so what, we will be back. Patience is key.

Archived