Auburn vs Vanderbilt Game 3

Going into this season, I honestly thought we would be clubbing everybody over the head and burnning up the west div. What's gone wrong?

Going into this season, I honestly thought we would be clubbing everybody over the head and burnning up the west div. What's gone wrong?

Decent starting pitching and no bullpen is hurting us right now. And we aren't providing much run support to back our team up at all either.

You can't put this one on the bullpen really. Here's what happened in the top of the 7th. Wallen's on the mound. It's tied at 2-2. We get an out and give up a walk. Then the next batter swing all the way around, and is hit by th pitch. The rule is, if you swing, it doesn't matter if it hits you, it's a strike. But the DA umpire gave him 1st. Coach P comes out firing. He's effin PISSED. But the ump wouldn't throw him out, since the ump knew he was wrong. So now there on 1st and 2nd. Next batter to the plate. He hits a comebacker at Wallen who stops it, picks it up and throws it to first. He beats the runner by a good step and a half. Guess what the call is? Safe. Paw comes out again and tried to get ejected, but again, they won't since they knew they were wrong. So now the bases are loaded, and Wallen gives up a bloop single. The game should still be tied at 2-2 right now in extra innings.

I'm not saying we would have won the game, but it would have been tied going into the bottom of the 7th. I can't believe how terrible the umpires here are. It's ridiculous. This is the 4th game this season where a blown call had directly led to a loss. I really wish there was something to be done

I live lees than two hours away from Auburn. I now have plenty of time to attend other sports than just football. What is the cost of a single ticket to a baseball game?  :dunno:

I defended this team a lot early in the year, but they aren't very good. McElroy for what he brings to the plate doesn't bring squat in the field. He is well below average at SS. I know Westie said we has "decent" starting pitching, but we don't. We have one good starter on Sunday and that's all. We have nearly zero bullpen. Our hitting changes with the weather. One day its great the next we can't get it out of the infield. I personally didn't have very high expectations coming into this season. Along the way they got a big boost. Now they are right where I thought at the beginning of the season. I haven't lost hope yet, but we've got a LONG way to go.

Thanks for letting us know that Fish. Gametracker doesn't give us any of those details. It was stuck for a long time, so I knew something had to be happening, but didn't know what it was. It doesn't surprise me that Auburn didn't get the calls.   >:(

Somehow....the team needs to shake this slump, and start getting our base runners home.

I live lees than two hours away from Auburn. I now have plenty of time to attend other sports than just football. What is the cost of a single ticket to a baseball game?  :dunno:

Single game tickets are $5 for the outfield and $8 for the infield

Single game tickets are $5 for the outfield and $8 for the infield

Thanks Fish.  :thumbsup:

:beatmullet: :beatmullet:

Archived