J. Lee has something up in regard to Calloway

auparrothead

The cash transactions can be traced. So can driving a new car to school, absences, and the connection between Don Cox and the bammers. If it's true, all of this kind of stuff leaves a trail that can be followed if someone is willing to do it before the bammers cover their tracks.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this thread has gotten way to far down.... I'm just going to bump because I want to keep this one going.  I'm from the Shoals and I would love to see my home town $$$ rollers put them under.

I think we all knew this was coming in some form.

The updykes declared war during our historic run last year and now Auburn has had enough. Game on.

Wow, this thread has gotten way to far down.... I'm just going to bump because I want to keep this one going.  I'm from the Shoals and I would love to see my home town $$$ rollers put them under.

May be because the same thread is going on the AU football board too.  I'm waiting for it to hit College Football for the trifecta

Well, what it looks like to me is that this will do nothing but hurt Calloway. Things that stuck out to me.

1. "Not a booster and not an alumnist", so he's a fan? Are you serious? If this "supporter" has no affiliation with the school and no one let UA's compliance department know of the matter then all its going to do is get Calloway either suspended or kicked off the team, see Jerrell Harris.

2. He missed three days of school and we should care? I missed over 10 days of school my senior year for no reason, big deal.

3. How many other Russellville kids were once 5 star recruits according to rivals.com or any other site for that matter? There could possibly be more, but information would have been helpful if there are other similar athletes, it's useless if he is the only high profile recruit. Regardless, this says more against the state of recruiting than anything else.

I'm not getting my hopes up. We've been here before and been burned before. Number one, Lee has to be right, which there is probably some truth to his claims, but he has a tendency to make pieces fit where they don't belong. Number two, this "supporter" better be someone that matters because if he isn't a booster or part of the alumni (I'm assuming he isn't an employee), it isn't going to matter if no one in UA's compliance knew about it.

Does he give any timeline on releasing the story?

I listened on into hour 3 and they say Jeff will be back on tomorrow morning (from 7am - 7:35am) to discuss it further. He did mention that there are other media outlets investigating the story.

Well, what it looks like to me is that this will do nothing but hurt Calloway. Things that stuck out to me.

1. "Not a booster and not an alumnist", so he's a fan? Are you serious? If this "supporter" has no affiliation with the school and no one let UA's compliance department know of the matter then all its going to do is get Calloway either suspended or kicked off the team, see Jerrell Harris.

2. He missed three days of school and we should care? I missed over 10 days of school my senior year for no reason, big deal.3. How many other Russellville kids were once 5 star recruits according to rivals.com or any other site for that matter? There could possibly be more, but information would have been helpful if there are other similar athletes, it's useless if he is the only high profile recruit. Regardless, this says more against the state of recruiting than anything else.

I'm not getting my hopes up. We've been here before and been burned before. Number one, Lee has to be right, which there is probably some truth to his claims, but he has a tendency to make pieces fit where they don't belong. Number two, this "supporter" better be someone that matters because if he isn't a booster or part of the alumni (I'm assuming he isn't an employee), it isn't going to matter if no one in UA's compliance knew about it.

I think the flag raised on this one was that they were "excused" absences, and that no one else is given excused absences to make a college decision (especially when you've been kidnapped to do so  ;) )

2. He missed three days of school and we should care? I missed over 10 days of school my senior year for no reason, big deal.

3. How many other Russellville kids were once 5 star recruits according to rivals.com or any other site for that matter? There could possibly be more, but information would have been helpful if there are other similar athletes, it's useless if he is the only high profile recruit. Regardless, this says more against the state of recruiting than anything else.

As far as the NCAA is concerned if the guy gave him money on behalf of Bama he is a booster.  

Mr. SEC had picked it up.

www.mrsec.com/2011/04/auburn-writer-accuses-bama-of-paying-calloway/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mrseccom+%28MrSEC.com%29

How many of us could use a month or two of mortgage help? Here's our man!!!!!! Of course it all needs to be proven, I don't think anyone believes otherwise. It doesn't bother me that they have to suffer their own rumor issues at this point. Carry on.

How many of us could use a month or two of mortgage help? Here's our man!!!!!! Of course it all needs to be proven, I don't think anyone believes otherwise. It doesn't bother me that they have to suffer their own rumor issues at this point. Carry on.

Very true -- it's nice for us to discuss a rumor about another school on the boards for a while (whether we have any proof or not)

HAY PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWL, I HEARD THEY GOT THE MONEY FROM BRYUNT BANK IN $500 ATM CARDS, WACHOO HEARIN'?  I'LL HANG UP AN LISSEN.

Those mortgage transactions can be easily proven. If  "Peaches" was behind in his mortgage payments, and paid cash to catch them up, and also requested a pay-off statement, then that may be enough right there to sink the Calloway ship for bammer. He'd have to prove that the money came from some other source, and for a man who was struggling financially, that won't be easy.

Ohhhhhhhhh........

Wonder if the turd F-bomb will be talking about this one today or will he find a way to turn it on Auburn.

Waiting to see and hear all of the spins that will be put on this........................

HAY PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWL, I HEARD THEY GOT THE MONEY FROM BRYUNT BANK IN $500 ATM CARDS, WACHOO HEARIN'?  I'LL HANG UP AN LISSEN.

:laugh:

I may just have to listen today....

Those mortgage transactions can be easily proven. If  "Peaches" was behind in his mortgage payments, and paid cash to catch them up, and also requested a pay-off statement, then that may be enough right there to sink the Calloway ship for bammer. He'd have to prove that the money came from some other source, and for a man who was struggling financially, that won't be easy.

Have to remember NCAA has no subpoena power, and the bank is not gonna just give it up -

1. The NCAA seems to have a very loose interpretation of "booster"

2. I think the point to the absenses is that they were excused.

I'm not getting too giddy yet but I'm being hopeful.

I guess we'll have to resort to the bama logic -- if Calloway received cash and incentives to go to bama instead of Auburn, Kouandjio must have as well.

Sorry for posting something on Tigerdroppings but it is pertinent to the conversation.  When somebody posted Jeff's twitter  post a Bama fan posted once he got back to his office he would challenge Jeff's claims becasue he was close to the situtaion.  I expected him to try to trash what Jeff was saying, but to my amazement he confirmed it. Everything posted below is from a Bama fan disputing claims.

"First of all, Jeff Lee is a fan with a well known site. That's it. He isn't a journalist. I think most of us agree on that. His competitors think of him as a nice enough guy, but don't & wouldn't post most of the stuff Lee posts. Now to dispute/clarify Lee's claims (or at least those worth addressing):

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A supporter of Alabama, not an alumni or booster, was very involved with Calloway and his recruitment. The "supporter" took Calloway to Tuscaloosa numerous times including the last weekend before Signing Day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peaches. Also a family friend provided transport on at least one occassion to a Bama game, but the friend is not an alum or booster...just a fan.

quote:

Winston received $2,500 from the "supporter" on at least one occasion

I believe this to be close to accurate, though not sure on exact amount. According to a connection, a family friend, who is also a Bama fan, did give Peaches cash to get his mortgage caught up.

quote:

The "supporter" also provided Calloway with a new car, which Calloway drove to school. The first day Calloway drove the new car, it raised enough questions that it was taken back by the end of the day

False on a number of levels. BC was never "given" a car for "keeps". He was allowed to drive said family friend's car to school one day and joked that it was "mine". Never was.

quote:

The "supporter" informed Calloway that Calloway would receive $1,200 each month while at Alabama

Crazy Jeff Lee type of false. In order for BC to get $1,200/mo he would have to know about all of this which, my contact says, he does not.

Peaches was given cash to catch up on his mortgage. I also believe it to be true that he was given an additional lump sum at some point. Though the "when" part is unclear it is assumed to have taken place before NSD.

Based on my info, BC's recruitment was not spotless for us b/c of this "family friend' who is not a Bama alum, booster, or season ticket holder. For the record, THAT is how you do it (in case you are taking notes, MSU, you do NOT involve former players or current coaches).

As I said earlier, if I was Jeff Lee I would let it die. If he doesn't, you will start to see rumors followed by reports of AU's recruitment of the Miami DB. If that happens, AU fans will stop making excuses for the backwards hat wearer.

(bookmark this if you don't believe me)

Archived