Calloway update

weegleweegle

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this kind of stuff is "normal" for the UAT syndicate... what we live with 365 days per year...

... and you just can't make this stuff up...

And this kind of stuff is "normal" for the UAT syndicate... what we live with 365 days per year...

... and you just can't make this stuff up...

But all the conspiracy killers around here say we make it up :dunno: None so blind as those that refuse to see.

writing on the wall = lets hope the '10' story in August does not include anything about Calloway, hence the lets postpone your enrollment to make sure......

Agreed on why is it weird that he graduated but needs to still take classes.

But on another area... this kid just has issues. He can't accept the blame himself. He is always blaming someone else. "My parents made me enroll at Alabama." "The school administration doesn't know what classes I need to take." Who the heck doesn't know how to graduate from High School? Seriously. We all know what classes we need to take. That's why we take each class in order. You need X amount of math classes and Y amount of English Classes and Z amount of history classes. Oh yea and W amount of science classes and then a foreign language maybe and an art and something else. The schools let kids know ahead of time what is required to graduate high school. They make little charts and everything. And before each year, they go through with you what classes you will take the following year and what is necessary.

The kid can't accept responsibility. The kid will continue to blame others. He will fail at college football at Alabama because of this.  :beatmullet:

*Modified. We do not allow political talk of any kind here at AE

But on another area... this kid just has issues. He can't accept the blame himself. He is always blaming someone else. "My parents made me enroll at Alabama." "The school administration doesn't know what classes I need to take." Who the heck doesn't know how to graduate from High School? Seriously. We all know what classes we need to take. That's why we take each class in order. You need X amount of math classes and Y amount of English Classes and Z amount of history classes. Oh yea and W amount of science classes and then a foreign language maybe and an art and something else. The schools let kids know ahead of time what is required to graduate high school. They make little charts and everything. And before each year, they go through with you what classes you will take the following year and what is necessary.

The kid can't accept responsibility. The kid will continue to blame others. He will fail at college football at Alabama because of this. You don't get through life blaming others for your mistakes and your problems. *Modified :beatmullet:

Had not really thought of that, but I agree. You are told what classes you need to graduate and so forth when you are in 8th grade before you even start high school. Then you are told again over and over every single year until you are done. And a highly regarded recruit hears it from even more than the high school. Which brings me back to my initial reaction of something else is going on here.

And I have already stated my opinion of the situation of Peaches and his decision. I got yapped at a bit (it may have been in this thread, I can't remember), but I will say it again. I do not feel one bit sorry for him. It was his decision. You make an stupid decision, you live with the consequences. And this does apply to a 17 or 18 year old recruit. At 17 or 18 if you can't make your own decisions in your own best interest when you have all the facts necessary to make the decision (which a big time recruit MOST CERTAINLY HAS), then you OWN both your decision and the results. Period.

If even 20% of what we read on these boards about Bama is true and comes out (probably after :devil: leaves), the NCAA will have to kill the Bama program. No way around it, if the NCAA wants to look even remotely credible.

Wait for it............wait for it........

LOL! No takers on that one.

All this school and class stuff is just a plot to keep BC how of school, so the REC can see where they stand in Aug.

when the truth comes out.  If he is not enrolled then they feel like it will not be a big deal.  If he is enrolled and

starts to practice, and or play they could be in some deep do do.

All this school and class stuff is just a plot to keep BC how of school, so the REC can see where they stand in Aug.

when the truth comes out.  If he is not enrolled then they feel like it will not be a big deal.  If he is enrolled and

I think you are correct.

I do wonder if BC is doomed.....but he just doesn't have a clue yet. :(

Hello Tater Tot? BC may be looking for a place to land.

^^^THIS is what I wonder also.  BC thinks everything is great right now

I hope not. I really wish BC the best. He seems like an immature kid with a lot of talent, and the wrong kind of people in his life. It doesn't sound like his mother was able to protect him from the vultures at bammer. I'd hate for him to have his heart broken because he was used and then abandoned.

I hope not. I really wish BC the best. He seems like an immature kid with a lot of talent, and the wrong kind of people in his life. It doesn't sound like his mother was able to protect him from the vultures at bammer. I'd hate for him to have his heart broken because he was used and then abandoned.

Does AU take transfers?

Does AU take transfers?

Would you really want to be associated with another scandalous father?  I wish BC the best and all, but I don't think we need that kind of drama at Auburn two years in a row.

Does AU take transfers?

Would you really want to be associated with another scandalous father?  I wish BC the best and all, but I don't think we need that kind of drama at Auburn two years in a row.

Amen. I hate it for BC, but perception is 9/10's reality. It wouldn't matter what had or hadn't happened.

The kid can't accept responsibility. The kid will continue to blame others. He will fail at college football at Alabama because of this.  :beatmullet:

*Modified. We do not allow political talk of any kind here at AE

BC doesn't have a "normal" background.  It's easy to see where he wouldn't have examples to teach him to "accept responsibility".  Unfortunately because of Peaches he isn't at a place where he will learn any better.  I still feel bad for him.  Hope he gets his chance to be all he can be somewhere.

I see a release to a Division II school coming, if there are any Division II schools left. 

Or a 3rd tier Division I school,  Sunbelt.....  if so it will be sad as BC may get to play at JHS in one of those Sunbelt games with Auburn.

Does AU take transfers?

I was being facetious! :)

Kausler has released an article with quotes from Peaches. The spin has begun!

The story behind Tide signee Brent Calloway's academic hurdle (link) Don Kausler Jr./Tuscaloosa Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times 07/09/2011 10:16 AM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Heralded freshman Brent Calloway is not yet enrolled at Alabama because the one-half high school credit he needed to qualify was rejected by the NCAA.

A report today in the TimesDaily of Florence includes many details about the holdup.

Peaches Winston, Calloway's guardian, told the newspaper that a computer-based course that the linebacker/running back from Russellville completed in a little more than one week earlier this summer at Tharptown High School was rejected by the NCAA. Russellville High School does not offer summer classes.

Calloway originally took the class during the regular school year at Russellville High School.

"Somehow the NCAA didn't count one of his classes as half a credit," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "He's taking it, though, and he'll be ready in August. He didn't want to redshirt this year. He wants to play, and (Alabama) wants him ready."

Summer school is in session for approximately one month at Tharptown. The NCAA was not satisfied because Calloway completed the class too quickly, according to Winston.

"They just told him to take this class, pass it and he'd be eligible," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "They didn't say how long it should take. He passed the class in eight or nine days. He did the reading, took the test and passed it. We got the paperwork saying he made an 'A' on it. But he's doing whatever he has to do to be clear. We don't want anything to come down. We're just trying to make everything clear because we want him on the field."

Calloway and wide receiver Duron Carter, a junior college transfer, are the only newcomers who have not yet begun classes at Alabama. Carter signed a grant-in-aid Friday with Alabama and will start classes in August.

I see a release to a Division II school coming, if there are any Division II schools left.   

Or a 3rd tier Division I school,  Sunbelt.....  if so it will be sad as BC may get to play at JHS in one of those Sunbelt games with Auburn.

Troy would be a good fit for him.

Kausler has released an article with quotes from Peaches. The spin has begun!

The story behind Tide signee Brent Calloway's academic hurdle (link) Don Kausler Jr./Tuscaloosa Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times 07/09/2011 10:16 AM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Heralded freshman Brent Calloway is not yet enrolled at Alabama because the one-half high school credit he needed to qualify was rejected by the NCAA.

A report today in the TimesDaily of Florence includes many details about the holdup.

Peaches Winston, Calloway's guardian, told the newspaper that a computer-based course that the linebacker/running back from Russellville completed in a little more than one week earlier this summer at Tharptown High School was rejected by the NCAA. Russellville High School does not offer summer classes.

Calloway originally took the class during the regular school year at Russellville High School.

"Somehow the NCAA didn't count one of his classes as half a credit," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "He's taking it, though, and he'll be ready in August. He didn't want to redshirt this year. He wants to play, and (Alabama) wants him ready."

Summer school is in session for approximately one month at Tharptown. The NCAA was not satisfied because Calloway completed the class too quickly, according to Winston.

"They just told him to take this class, pass it and he'd be eligible," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "They didn't say how long it should take. He passed the class in eight or nine days. He did the reading, took the test and passed it. We got the paperwork saying he made an 'A' on it. But he's doing whatever he has to do to be clear. We don't want anything to come down. We're just trying to make everything clear because we want him on the field."

Calloway and wide receiver Duron Carter, a junior college transfer, are the only newcomers who have not yet begun classes at Alabama. Carter signed a grant-in-aid Friday with Alabama and will start classes in August.

I would have loved to have taken all my high school courses like that... could have completed 4-years of high school by the time I was 15-years old, and still played a lot of golf...

Sounds like a "paper-mill" approach to getting a diploma... makes sense why UAT has put spin doctors on it...

Are y'all suggesting that something might be a little screwy here? That UAT and its supporters would be part of some sinister conspiracy to acquire players through deceit, bribery and/or intimidation? Surely you jest!!! Bammer class would never allow such a thing to happen. Why, that's something only the Barn does, and on a daily basis. If you don't believe me, just listen to Finebaum. After all, it's on the radio so it has to be true. Right?

Archived