Calloway update

weegleweegle

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todd... your information...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjSjKknpAaUNjxdwNoOaOdDBB7pYjCUrMGoc_IZpuVxYgvjOnd

I think Todd already gave to us..."Friend of mine up in Russelville...".  :dunno:

todd, i have asked others this and not gotten a response. why do people consider russellville a "Bammer stronhold" i only remember russellville players going to auburn and tenn. i might be overlooking some?

^^^^Because of people like Roger Bedford, Peaches, and Darren Woodruff^^^^^^

bedford is a piece of crap and should have went to prison several years ago for brokering a sweetheart deal dor some of his cronies.....bedford should really be looked into on this calloway deal,but he won't be....on his best day,he is a piece of sh)t

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

From what I've heard, BC is in summer school in Franklin Co.  That tells me he did not graduate high school. I'm going out on a limb and saying he will never step foot on the field to play at uat.

From what I've heard, BC is in summer school in Franklin Co.  That tells me he did not graduate high school. I'm going out on a limb and saying he will never step foot on the field to play at uat.

Had somebody in Muscle Shoals tell me the same thing last week. 

It is seriously unacceptable that this kid gets screwed over Saban and a d!ck measuring contest. Who knows, could the whole situation, him being forced 'allegedly', had anything with him not wanting to qualify and then he doesn't have to go? I think a lot of people forget these are 18 yr old KIDS. This could really affect the rest of his life. Hopefully he is strong enough to get through it. Best of luck to him.

I do agree, whatever the reality is, the perception is that he is fruit from the poisonous tree, and I doubt you will ever see him enrolled in Tuscaloosa. Very sad.

That's what you get for letting others run your life for you. Be a man and make your own decisions. I believe in being responsible for yourself. The more you let others tell you what to do, the less you can truly blame others for the way your life turned out.

That's what you get for letting others run your life for you. Be a man and make your own decisions. I believe in being responsible for yourself. The more you let others tell you what to do, the less you can truly blame others for the way your life turned out.

A lot of these kids are not able to "be a man" and make therir own decisions though.  Remember, a legal guardian has to sign on the dotted line also when a player signs a LOI.  There was no way Peaches would ever consent for his son to play at AU.  Why? we all know why I believe. 

A lot of these kids are not able to "be a man" and make therir own decisions though.  Remember, a legal guardian has to sign on the dotted line also when a player signs a LOI.  There was no way Peaches would ever consent for his son to play at AU.  Why? we all know why I believe. 

Is there any way around that? I mean, let's say a parent is dead set against something, but the kid wants nothing to do with what the parent wants, can he petition the NCAA and maybe even the courts to be allowed to sign without the parent or guardian. I am not trying to bring up emancipation or anything like that, but just for the purpose of choosing his own school? I know it may create many other issues with the parents, finances, etc., but all that aside, can it be done if the kid so decided?

Is there any way around that? I mean, let's say a parent is dead set against something, but the kid wants nothing to do with what the parent wants, can he petition the NCAA and maybe even the courts to be allowed to sign without the parent or guardian. I am not trying to bring up emancipation or anything like that, but just for the purpose of choosing his own school? I know it may create many other issues with the parents, finances, etc., but all that aside, can it be done if the kid so decided?

I'm not an attorney but I did stay...  I think emancipation would be the only recourse and I don't think a difference of opinion on what college to attend would be grounds for that.

Just a really sad situation.

As a parent, if my child someday chooses Tuscaloosa (God forbid) or any other school to play a sport, I will be sitting in the stands for every game possible.......Auburn gear from head to toe.

Maybe if he was in school instead of being hidden away before signing day he could have graduated with the rest of his class.

Sad situation...

Yea, I heard that excuse. That's all it is... an excuse. You are still letting others make your decisions for you. The student-athlete is old enough to go into the military, but he can't select a college?  Maybe he says "I don't care 'Dad', I'm going to go to school where I want to. If that is without your blessing, so be it. I'll take out a loan and walk-on to the school if I need to."

People need to quit with the excuses. If you want to take the easy way, fine. But don't cry and complain if things don't go the way you wanted. Self reliance and individual responsibility. Learn it.

If he did want to get out of going to Bama and then make his own college choice, then failing to qualify would be a great way to do that.  By the time he was good to go in 2012 he wouldn't need his legal guardian's signature and he wouldn't have to sit a year (Yes, he already missed 2011, but he didn't lose any eligibility, and he didn't have to ask Saban for a release).

Yea, I heard that excuse. That's all it is... an excuse. You are still letting others make your decisions for you. The student-athlete is old enough to go into the military, but he can't select a college?  Maybe he says "I don't care 'Dad', I'm going to go to school where I want to. If that is without your blessing, so be it. I'll take out a loan and walk-on to the school if I need to."

People need to quit with the excuses. If you want to take the easy way, fine. But don't cry and complain if things don't go the way you wanted. Self reliance and individual responsibility. Learn it.

Everyone's family situation is different.  Some kids obey their parents even if they are in the wrong.  I do understand your side of this.  If you put it this way however, Cam should have stood up like a man and told his dad that he was going to MSU reguardless of what he thought; if that's where he truly wanted to go. 

I do believe this should be the kids choice, don't get me wrong.  I think we may all agree here to some point.  You never know what goes on behind closed doors in some families though. 

Not every teen is mature enough to think like an adult. In fact....most of them are not, and to find a teen who has an adult level of judgement is almost non-existent. A 17-18 year old is NOT mature, and is legally protected from signing a binding contract for that very reason. This argument that having the ability to join the military at age 18 is somehow equivalent to making good decisions is quite frankly ridiculous. I know that quite a few kids join the military, and then deeply regret it, so it can be a BAD DECISION for some kids.....just like other bad decisions that young people make because they are inexperienced.

I have pressured my own son to take some classes this year that he wasn't too happy about, but I feel that it is in his best interest. I am not like Peaches, and I won't gain anything from it, but I did talk my son into doing something he hadn't planned on, and he will take one more AP class than he wanted. My son is very mature.....for a 17 year old, but he was about to make a poor decision in his advanced placement classes, and I had to step in. My point being that even a good, solid teen can have trouble seeing further down the road than 6 months, and won't realize what a decision actually means because they are STILL CHILDREN who have developing brains. The area of judgement is one of the last to fully reach maturity in a young person.

Teens are NOT adults, and it's a shame when those who don't have their best interests at heart use them for their own selfish reasons. It seems to be out of hand in the sports world.

Archived