Calloway update

weegleweegle

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kausler has released an article with quotes from Peaches. The spin has begun!

The story behind Tide signee Brent Calloway's academic hurdle (link) Don Kausler Jr./Tuscaloosa Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times 07/09/2011 10:16 AM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Heralded freshman Brent Calloway is not yet enrolled at Alabama because the one-half high school credit he needed to qualify was rejected by the NCAA.

A report today in the TimesDaily of Florence includes many details about the holdup.

Peaches Winston, Calloway's guardian, told the newspaper that a computer-based course that the linebacker/running back from Russellville completed in a little more than one week earlier this summer at Tharptown High School was rejected by the NCAA. Russellville High School does not offer summer classes.

Calloway originally took the class during the regular school year at Russellville High School.

"Somehow the NCAA didn't count one of his classes as half a credit," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "He's taking it, though, and he'll be ready in August. He didn't want to redshirt this year. He wants to play, and (Alabama) wants him ready."

Summer school is in session for approximately one month at Tharptown. The NCAA was not satisfied because Calloway completed the class too quickly, according to Winston.

"They just told him to take this class, pass it and he'd be eligible," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "They didn't say how long it should take. He passed the class in eight or nine days. He did the reading, took the test and passed it. We got the paperwork saying he made an 'A' on it. But he's doing whatever he has to do to be clear. We don't want anything to come down. We're just trying to make everything clear because we want him on the field."

Calloway and wide receiver Duron Carter, a junior college transfer, are the only newcomers who have not yet begun classes at Alabama. Carter signed a grant-in-aid Friday with Alabama and will start classes in August.

LOL. He finished it too fast. Hmmm. I too feel sorry for BC. The adults in his life obviously aren't much of an example to follow.

The adults in BC's life are all bought and paid for.

The adults in BC's life are all bought and paid for.

But that is only a small part of what they are. Imagine the other negative "character" traits he has been subjected to virtually his entire life by these people. It will be a lot to overcome. I hope he can do it.

The story behind Tide signee Brent Calloway's academic hurdle (link) Don Kausler Jr./Tuscaloosa Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times 07/09/2011 10:16 AM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Heralded freshman Brent Calloway is not yet enrolled at Alabama because the one-half high school credit he needed to qualify was rejected by the NCAA.

A report today in the TimesDaily of Florence includes many details about the holdup.

Peaches Winston, Calloway's guardian, told the newspaper that a computer-based course that the linebacker/running back from Russellville completed in a little more than one week earlier this summer at Tharptown High School was rejected by the NCAA. Russellville High School does not offer summer classes.

Calloway originally took the class during the regular school year at Russellville High School.

"Somehow the NCAA didn't count one of his classes as half a credit," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "He's taking it, though, and he'll be ready in August. He didn't want to redshirt this year. He wants to play, and (Alabama) wants him ready."

Summer school is in session for approximately one month at Tharptown. The NCAA was not satisfied because Calloway completed the class too quickly, according to Winston.

"They just told him to take this class, pass it and he'd be eligible," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "They didn't say how long it should take. He passed the class in eight or nine days. He did the reading, took the test and passed it. We got the paperwork saying he made an 'A' on it. But he's doing whatever he has to do to be clear. We don't want anything to come down. We're just trying to make everything clear because we want him on the field."  Winston also stated, "That was the easiest online course I have had to take for Brent, so far."

Calloway and wide receiver Duron Carter, a junior college transfer, are the only newcomers who have not yet begun classes at Alabama. Carter signed a grant-in-aid Friday with Alabama and will start classes in August.

For some reason the writer left the quote in red out, but don't worry, I added it back in for him.

"They just told him to take this class, pass it and he'd be eligible," Winston said told the TimesDaily. "They didn't say how long it should take. He passed the class in eight or nine days. He did the reading, took the test and passed it. We got the paperwork saying he made an 'A' on it. But he's doing whatever he has to do to be clear. We don't want anything to come down. We're just trying to make everything clear because we want him on the field."  Winston also stated, "That was the easiest online course I have had to take for Brent, so far."

For some reason the writer left the quote in red out, but don't worry, I added it back in for him.

IMO you are giving Peaches wayyyyyyyy to much credit.

"if BC was a half credit short, how did he graduate?" his dear friends at Updyke U helped him.

Excuse me, but I think you meant the university of Updyke.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even thought I am not in favor of a transfer to Auburn from BC, the character and leadership the Auburn staff has show in the past is exactly what this young man needs in his life.

Saw a rumor that the NCAA is in Pensacola investigating Calloway and Woodruff's trip there.

What would there be in Pensacola to investigate? :dunno: I know they took a trip there but all the information would be with Woodruff would it not?

Saw a rumor that the NCAA is in Pensacola investigating Calloway and Woodruff's trip there.

What would there be in Pensacola to investigate? :dunno: I know they took a trip there but all the information would be with Woodruff would it not?

Supposedly a large purchase.

Supposedly a large purchase.

Nothing to see here.  Please move on. 

32 pages of . "Nothing to see here and move on . "

Wonder what the over will be on the longth of  this thread ?

We shalll see, we shall see.

Concerning the latest rumor - Nothing to see.  :tease:

Trent Richardson is from Pensacola! BOOM! :o

Even thought I am not in favor of a transfer to Auburn from BC, the character and leadership the Auburn staff has show in the past is exactly what this young man needs in his life.

I'm glad we didn't get BC with all we know about Peaches now. Peaches is the type guy that will cause trouble, if things don't go as he expects for BC at bama.

"if BC was a half credit short, how did he graduate?" his dear friends at Updyke U helped him.

Excuse me, but I think you meant the university of Updyke.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please show some respect to that great institution -- I shall refer to them as the Dykestone

Archived