SEC Tournament Chances

No, I honestly didn't coming into the season. Once I bought into all of the hype about Morris, and when we had Irvin and he was pitching well, I thought we could go far. But since that hasn't panned out I'm not too surprised at where we sit now. And we've still got a lot of baseball left. I wouldn't count this team out yet

3 winnable series left? not the way we've been playing.

Ok, seriously, have you paid attention to ANYTHING related to Auburn baseball OTHER THAN the score? I have. I've been to EVERY home game, and even a few away games, and I have sources inside the team. I know what I'm talking about. We've been playing MUCH BETTER now than we were earlier in the season. Did you see Varnadore pitch this weekend? How about Slade? Jacobs? Ortman? Wallen last night? Ray? All are pitching LOADS better than they were earlier. Even Morris has looked much improved tonight. I mean seriously, to even say ANYTHING like that right now is ridiculous. Look who we play next. An average SEC team in Bama and the worst team in the SEC in Tennessee. Hell, UT is down big against a D3 school!!!!! Now please, come up with some explanation as to how we can't or won't win there series. For once this ENTIRE season, we actually have a solid rotation for the weekend.

Um, did you see the last inning of Sunday's game against UGA?

That's a reasonable explanation of how we can't or won't win these next 2 series. Honestly, we should win these upcoming series easily, but I know NO LEAD will feel safe with our bullpen. That's just the reality of it.

While we could easily win these series, we could easily lose both of them as well.

I hear what you're saying Westie, but you would have also expected us to have a record well above .500 to be in that position though, right?

I didn't know what to expect record wise. Of course midweek games haven't gone as well as planned but I can't complain because this team has fought hard in their weekend series. Baseball is an unpredictable game.

I was referring to our SEC record. You said if somebody told you we would be in a position to win the West at this point in the season you would have been ecstatic. My point was if someone told you that you would have probably thought our SEC record would have been much better than what it is now to be in that position. I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing just making an observation. War Eagle!!

3 winnable series left? not the way we've been playing.

Ok, seriously, have you paid attention to ANYTHING related to Auburn baseball OTHER THAN the score? I have. I've been to EVERY home game, and even a few away games, and I have sources inside the team. I know what I'm talking about. We've been playing MUCH BETTER now than we were earlier in the season. Did you see Varnadore pitch this weekend? How about Slade? Jacobs? Ortman? Wallen last night? Ray? All are pitching LOADS better than they were earlier. Even Morris has looked much improved tonight. I mean seriously, to even say ANYTHING like that right now is ridiculous. Look who we play next. An average SEC team in Bama and the worst team in the SEC in Tennessee. Hell, UT is down big against a D3 school!!!!! Now please, come up with some explanation as to how we can't or won't win there series. For once this ENTIRE season, we actually have a solid rotation for the weekend.

Um, did you see the last inning of Sunday's game against UGA?

That's a reasonable explanation of how we can't or won't win these next 2 series. Honestly, we should win these upcoming series easily, but I know NO LEAD will feel safe with our bullpen. That's just the reality of it.

While we could easily win these series, we could easily lose both of them as well.

Let's judge the season off of 1 inning.  If you pointed to our record I'd give you more credit.

Archived