Hard times bring the best out of great people

It's great to know that the people of this message board are taking the time and effort to make a difference in the places of destruction of homes,and in the hearts and lifes people who are facing hard times. After talking with Scott earlier this week and learning of his concern of trying to help other people,joy came upon on heart to know people still have compassion of other people regardless of the colors of thier jersey's. I think God for this website and the people in charge of it. May everyone who reads this be challenged enough to at list help one person,buy one meal,onepair of pants,or one anything to make a difference to those who need it the most. It could be one of us the next time. :believe:

What's even better is to know that there are so many who help and prefer to remain anonymous. There is still so much good in this world, and it really shows at hard times like these. I just want to thank those who have helped and continue to help those in need. I especially want to thank those who donated and continue to donate through Auburn Eagle. Shortly after hearing the horrible news, it really hit me the most when I got home. I realized that no matter how hard and tough the times that I'm going through are, I still have a place to go home to. I met with ST shortly after and he felt the same exact way. Some people lost EVERYTHING, and every little bit helps. My heart was filled with hope as ST and I were buying supplies. It is very satisfying and heart warming to know that the Auburn Eagle community is helping, and I can actually witness it first hand. I always try to donate when disaster strikes, but most of the time it's to a big organization. It's completely different when you're part of the process and can witness the process first hand. Thank you all for your support and compassion for those in need!! WAR EAGLE!!

AUDomination

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could do more for the people in need. They need way more than I could do but every little bit helps. If everyone would step up and do their part then we will speed up the process of recovery for these people in major need. It just breaks my heart to see people have absolutely nothing when they deserve so much more. It doesn't take $100 donation and it doesn't take a $500 bid on an item. It takes a team effort of everyone doing their part and helping these people that need us most.

Thanks for all your support and God Bless those individuals that are on the road to recovery from the tornado's. I am very fortunate b/c I know while I am sitting here typing this message several thousand people are trying to map out their next move to recovery.

When you SEE it...in person...

It was a Mother's Day I will never forget.  I've been relatively silent on the Boards ever since, because I can't get past the shock.  Our family is grateful to have delivered a little help in a small way, and our church will continue to be inspired through this effort.  If there was a way to attach a Word document that paints a picture of our experience I would, because it's been used near and far this week...but tech-savvy I am not.

It's way too long to fit in a post!

The campus is nearly untouched, but the lives of its citizens are forever changed, as is mine...because when you SEE it...you realize that, as a state, we really are all in it together, much as I LOVE Auburn and feel as most of you do regarding our archrival.  I am SO GRATEFUL for Toomers for Tuscaloosa and the faith in action of countless around the world.  Each drop in the bucket adds up.

Archived