2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome news! 2013 is so long away and this kid won't be playing college football till 2014 but he is gonna be a good one when he finally gets here!

Uh, if he signs in 2013 & is as good as advertised, he could easily see the field IN 2013.

Dee has visited bammer. He went with two of his coaches.

I believe he said the only visits he would take from now on would be to Auburn. Thats how i understood it.

Here you go! If this is not allowed in some way sorry take it down. just an exerpt from it.

Liner said Saturday night that Alabama is putting on a recruiting full court press. “Yeah, they are trying to pressure down hard to get me,” he explained. “But, I don’t think they...That’s all I’m going to say.”

Asked if his status was “iffy” on his commitment to the Tigers, Liner responded, “No, not iffy. I’m staying where I’m at.”

Liner also said that he’s not going to take any visits other than to Auburn.

The talented defensive lineman, who is one of the top players in state for the class of 2013, said he was impressed with the Auburn campus for the Iron Bowl. “Oh man, the atmosphere was great,” Liner said. “It was real great. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

I loved hearing that quote.  If he felt that way, I hope the other recruits did as well.

• 1 month later...

Dee states that he has been an Auburn fan since he was a kid and really enjoys the Auburn coaches.  He specifically mentions Coach Pelton and Coach Lolley.  He will be taking other visits to Tenn, Bama and LSU to try and get to know their coaches better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saban was here visiting dee today. Told some friends later he was wasting his time.

Updykes are very confident in flipping this kid. Little do they know I believe we have a better shot at flipping foster after a good defensive season with CVG.

Saban was here visiting dee today. Told some friends later he was wasting his time.

That's good news.  I want Sabear to waste as much of his time as possible between now and NSD.

I am from the Muscle Shoals area and have pretty good info on this kid. He is a solid Auburn Commit, he loves Chizik and has told people that  :devil: intimidates him and is cocky. This kid is a beast and will contribute wherever he decides to go, hopefully he gets his grades where they need to be and comes to the plains. War Eagle!

I am from the Muscle Shoals area and have pretty good info on this kid. He is a solid Auburn Commit, he loves Chizik and has told people that  :devil: intimidates him and is cocky. This kid is a beast and will contribute wherever he decides to go, hopefully he gets his grades where they need to be and comes to the plains. War Eagle!

That's a pretty good way to pick up chicks...be an a-hole and later, after they're frustrated and can't quit thinking about you, open up your softer side.  Does the same work on the recruiting trail?  It works on messsage boards, several posters on ITAT have this down to an art I've noticed.

New Rivals article up that hints at why he visited turdville and why he plans to stick with his commitment to Auburn. Can anyone with a subscription summarize? TIA

New Rivals article up that hints at why he visited turdville and why he plans to stick with his commitment to Auburn. Can anyone with a subscription summarize? TIA

doesn't really say much...just the he's stickin with au no matter what.  didn't really say why he visited the crapstone.  nothing really new.....

As a poster stated earlier it doesn't say much and just explains why he didn't make it to AU's junior day.  However, I find it strange that DL believes defensive end is going to be his position in college and NFL.  He hasn't meet BVG and he already knows what positions will make him money one day?An idea maybe but he sounded really confident.  DL even mentions playing LB, DT, and DE possibly in college??  I'm not saying his statements mean anything in particular but we play a 4-3 and with DL's size and speed he'll likely play one position, DT.  I don't know if BVG uses a 3-4 package as well but still DL hasn't meet BVG.  I'm wondering if he's truly listening to what saban has to say.  IMO, this doesn't sound right even if he says he's going to stick with his committment to AU.  These are just my thoughts not facts of any sort.

He's actually got the frame for a DE right now. He would need to put on a few pounds to play DT in college. If he stays lean like he is now, then DE could definitely be his position. He's probably going to grow 1 or 2 more inches anyway.

Archived