2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he's listening, when he's probably getting fourteen phonecalls, two hundred text messages, eighty emails, 250 letters per day, and has a coach sitting outside his house, how could he not listen?

Don't take too much into account with this story it's by a Bama beat writer and he says that basically Liner is listening to what the Bama coaches have to say like every other top 100 recruit in the country does the spring of their junior year. If our mods are confident he won't flip so am I, what some Bama douche writes about him means nothing.

Don't take too much into account with this story it's by a Bama beat writer and he says that basically Liner is listening to what the Bama coaches have to say like every other top 100 recruit in the country does the spring of their junior year. If our mods are confident he won't flip so am I, what some Bama douche writes about him means nothing.

It is probably in response to the article about T.J. Howard visiting Auburn and saying nice things about his visit.

It is probably in response to the article about T.J. Howard visiting Auburn and saying nice things about his visit.

Agree with both posts above!

That is what I believe is going on. Bama rag writer turning around similar story with one of our recruits. SPIN. SPIN, SPIN!

Never ending smear the good guys! Obviously, all things turds spend much time waiting to work on us. They could cure world hunger, world peace, and cancer with the mindless time wasting they do. Get a pet, or a BBQ grill, or a hobby or something!

If our mods are confident he won't flip so am I, what some Bama douche writes about him means nothing.

I was under the impression that the mods were confident that TJ Yeldon wouldn't flip either. I'm just saying, until NSD comes and the papers are signed, you never know what's going on in the head of a 16-18 year old kid and what kind of impact outside influences can make.

However, I have read multiples articles where Liner is quoted repeatedly as being "All In."

He is the state's #1 prospect so you know and I know that Lord Farquaad & his ego are going to pull out all the stops to prevent Liner from becoming an Auburn Tiger, but I like our chances of AU winning out with Chizik's integrity & the AU Family being the deciding factors.

I think the Sabanator is going to have a huge problem from a PR perspective this year. The fact that he will not commit scholarships and the fact that he recently dropped the scholarships of two people who signed early is not something to paint a positive image in the mind of the recruits. Look at what some top recruits are already saying about the 4 yr. guarantee.

A college scholarship should be more like a job. If someone is unwilling to commit long term to me, why should I be there?

If players are 110 committed I wish they could commit now.  This is just going to be a year story about how the turds can turn anyone.  Well when players can, I don't know for sure, but when they get paid in college more than they would in the NFL,it does make someone listen.  So this story will go on until signing day.

It basically says Liner is solid to AU right now but you never know with 18 year olds. Saban is trying to get him to visit in the spring to check out a practice and he's not sure if he will or not.

He has been a lifelong AU fan so it's a little different than Yeldon.

Its too early to put a lot of stock in what the recruits do or say and it is WAY too early to pay any attention to beat writers saying something might happen. A lot of our commits, as well as bama's, will visit places and it is all part of the process every year.

I think the Sabanator is going to have a huge problem from a PR perspective this year. The fact that he will not commit scholarships and the fact that he recently dropped the scholarships of two people who signed early is not something to paint a positive image in the mind of the recruits. Look at what some top recruits are already saying about the 4 yr. guarantee.

A college scholarship should be more like a job. If someone is unwilling to commit long term to me, why should I be there?

Saw an article this morning saying he's fully behind 4 year scholly's and that Bama will be giving them out for this coming class.

Saw an article this morning saying he's fully behind 4 year scholly's and that Bama will be giving them out for this coming class.

Yup, just another example of copying the Chiz!  WDE! 

If our mods are confident he won't flip so am I, what some Bama douche writes about him means nothing.

I was under the impression that the mods were confident that TJ Yeldon wouldn't flip either. I'm just saying, until NSD comes and the papers are signed, you never know what's going on in the head of a 16-18 year old kid and what kind of impact outside influences can make.

However, I have read multiples articles where Liner is quoted repeatedly as being "All In."

He is the state's #1 prospect so you know and I know that Lord Farquaad & his ego are going to pull out all the stops to prevent Liner from becoming an Auburn Tiger, but I like our chances of AU winning out with Chizik's integrity & the AU Family being the deciding factors.

I agree completely with your assesment. I do feel better about DL than most for some reason though.

So.....will this topic reach 100 pages before Liner actually signs his LOI a year from now?  It's off to a good start.

I hope Dee Liner does not flip, but if he does, I wish him the best. Auburn would find someone else. :hellyeah:

meh.....Not me.

This is much bigger than TJ Yeldon in my book.

We are in BIG need of a big time DT and this guy is it. He is also a lifetime Auburn fan, so we have no excuse for losing this one. Everything is in our favor and it would be a massive blow, if saban pulled this one from us. No doubt bama will pull out all their dirty tactics, so Chiz & Co. better get ready to play hard ball.

I hope our staff talks to him about the perception of him flirting with saban and ask him to be the leader of this recruiting class. Say he is not considering bama and help build this class. Doing this would send a positvie AU message and a negative one toward bama.

That just means Saban is going to go after him that much harder. He can't let the top player in the state go to Auburn.

Archived