2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

That just means Saban is going to go after him that much harder. He can't let the top player in the state go to Auburn.

The best defense is a good offense. The thing to do is for AU to go hard after Reuben Foster and OJ Howard. Make him use up some of that energy he might use going after Liner to instead defend his own recruits. Give NS his own problems to worry about.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That just means Saban is going to go after him that much harder. He can't let the top player in the state go to Auburn.

The best defense is a good offense. The thing to do is for AU to go hard after Reuben Foster and OJ Howard. Make him use up some of that energy he might use going after Liner and give him his own problems to worry about.

Agree Ironman!!

From looking at the 247 sports timeline ticker it really looks like weeman is putting an early full court press on this guy.  I'm not a "sky is falling" fan by any means, but was wondering if anyone on here as any inside info to suggest how solid Liner is in his verbal to us.  This guy really impresses me in the early innings of 2013 recruiting.

From what I understand...Saban has been to Muscle Shoals several times in the last few months. Liner has reportedly been a lifelong AU fan and is quoted as saying "Saban is wasting his time coming here..." Who knows with 18 year olds though...

Hey Guys, Dee does not care for Saban, straight up asked him at JR day what would happen if he got hurt, has told everyone how shifty Saban got when he asked him that. We are good here.

Hey Guys, Dee does not care for Saban, straight up asked him at JR day what would happen if he got hurt, has told everyone how shifty Saban got when he asked him that. We are good here.

I would hope Dee is asking our coaches the very same thing.  We'll be signing a relatively small class in '13.

I would hope Dee is asking our coaches the very same thing.  We'll be signing a relatively small class in '13.

I think he already knows the answer to that...for our coaches that is.

I gotta believe he knows all about Shon Coleman. (In fact he may have met him by now)

Article on Dee today in ESPN's insider recruiting section basically saying that he is very solid to AU, probably won't take any visits, and "everyone knows I am going to Auburn so they are really wasting their time. I love the school, have always been a fan, and feel a great connection with Coach Chizik." Looks very promising!!!

I feel as good about Dee as it is possible to feel about a kid at this point in the recruiting process. Everything I've heard about him suggests that he gets more excited about Auburn with every day that brings him closer to enrolling.

Word is Liner is being heavily courted by the SaBear!! SaBear is taking this potential loss PERSONALLY!!

Sure hope that Dee Liner  does not become the latest casualty and actually gives into  the pied pipers  tunes from the land where sanity does not exist!!

Word is Liner is being heavily courted by the SaBear!! SaBear is taking this potential loss PERSONALLY!!

Sure hope that Dee Liner  does not become the latest casualty and actually gives into  the pied pipers  tunes from the land where sanity does not exist!!

"potential LOSS"??????

How can you lose what you never had?

"potential LOSS"??????

How can you lose what you never had?

You do know we are talking about Nick "Self-Centered" Sabear here, right?

"potential LOSS"?????? How can you lose what you never had?

You do know we are talking about Nick "Self-Centered" Sabear here, right?

^^^^ Way too soon for this . I'm pretty sure Mr Liner is recruiting for the good guy's just as Mr Johnson is. Too many paranoid people that could see more into this than there is and start showing why so many believe that AU is inferior to AL in recruiting and football. Tired of hearing Saban this, Ala that. I could care less what they do in Tuscaloosa Alabama and who cares if they target our commits? If they choose Alabama over Auburn, so be it they were never ours! We are doing pretty darn good in Auburn Alabama. There are no more distractions about false allegations, no more major coaching changes, getting the best classes the past three years Auburn has ever signed and our integrity has never been higher, in spite of all the negativity against us. I hope we can get out of this "whoa is us" mentality and look what has happened here. Never has sports been better @ Auburn than it is now our football team and swimming is second to no one! Woman's softball, golf, M & W's basketball and baseball is getting better! IMHO Auburn is one of the best colleges in the country....the future is bright and the future is now! War Eagle

Article on Dee today in ESPN's insider recruiting section basically saying that he is very solid to AU, probably won't take any visits, and "everyone knows I am going to Auburn so they are really wasting their time. I love the school, have always been a fan, and feel a great connection with Coach Chizik." Looks very promising!!!

^^^^^^

THIS!!!

:wareagle:

^^^^ Way too soon for this . I'm pretty sure Mr Liner is recruiting for the good guy's just as Mr Johnson is. Too many paranoid people that could see more into this than there is and start showing why so many believe that AU is inferior to AL in recruiting and football. Tired of hearing Saban this, Ala that. I could care less what they do in Tuscaloosa Alabama and who cares if they target our commits? If they choose Alabama over Auburn, so be it they were never ours! We are doing pretty darn good in Auburn Alabama. There are no more distractions about false allegations, no more major coaching changes, getting the best classes the past three years Auburn has ever signed and our integrity has never been higher, in spite of all the negativity against us. I hope we can get out of this "whoa is us" mentality and look what has happened here. Never has sports been better @ Auburn than it is now our football team and swimming is second to no one! Woman's softball, golf, M & W's basketball and baseball is getting better! IMHO Auburn is one of the best colleges in the country....the future is bright and the future is now! War Eagle

Hope that was not directed toward me.. I do not see Auburn as inferior to anyone.

However, if you think Saban is not going to try his best and sway the #1 recruit in the state, then you do not know Saban or Bama very well. I love to hear what Dee Liner is saying, but that does not mean that Saban will not pull out all the stops to see this does not happen.

He told Laura on Scout that he only answers the phone for Auburn. He had just been talking to Trooper. Says he's super funny and easy to talk to. I was worried about this kid, but I'm starting to believe he will stick with AU.

No 2 DT in country on scout also a 5star! :we:

Happy with him getting his 5th star on there, but he isn't going to be a DT. He'll be a SDE. I think we're moving towards getting bigger on the DL with more quick guys than fast. I think Lawson could actually be a WDE.

If we can get another DE to go with Lawson and Liner and then Montravious Adams......WOOOOW

If he is going to be a DT for us he will have to throw on about 30 more lbs but yah I can see him as a big DE at 260.

If he is going to be a DT for us he will have to throw on about 30 more lbs but yah I can see him as a big DE at 260.

The plan right now is for him to be a DE, at least, and he has more the body of an end because of his height. Seems like I've heard mention of going to a 3-4 on occasion, and he would be awesome for that because he can play end easily in either the 40 set or the 30 set.

Do not count bama out.  They are doing a lot to get Dee.  Won't shock me if he ends up being forced to go there by those around him.

Archived