2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

If Liner got Howard to flip he would start out at AUBURN  as a legend..saban would be denied and double slapped in the face. c'mon D Liner pull your team mates in..!!!! :zapbama:

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, Keith Niebuhr Tweet:

@KeithRIVALS: Liner, BTW, is trying hard to get #Tide commit OJ Howard to flip to #Auburn -- The two hung out for a long time b4 the event

This will be fun to watch.  I believe OJ grew up a AU fan.  I believe we have a great shot. 

I actually think OJ is in fact going to flip.

FWIW I was talking to a buddy of mine that follows Bama football religiously (actually a Bammer I can have a rational discussion about football with most of the time) and he firmly believes that either Saban gets Liner to flip or we get Howard to flip but either way they are playing together.  What I did find interesting was that my buddy said with Howard growing up an AU fan, we have an edge and that if we do end up moving to a more pro style O like he's been hearing we are then he really doesn't like their chances of keeping Howard.

I agree.  I think we have a huge edge with Howard growing up an AU fan.  He had no clue what style of offense AU was going to when CGM left.  CSL brings in a TE heavy offense, many times utilizing 2 TE's.  I say we have the upper hand. 

For anyone interested, this is what Dee had to say to a turd sports beat writer about them recruiting him to play the "upshaw position":

"That's where Saban wants me. Upshaw's gone, and he's looking for somebody to take that spot. To be honest, I'd rather play linebacker. That's the position I think I'm supposed to be at now."

Very interesting comments to say the least. 

I hope the AU coaches stay in constant contact with this young man. If he's as good as advertised, and I have no reason to believe he's not, Saban is not going to give him up without a fight. I hate to bring this up, but our coaches should never forget what TJ Yeldon did to them, and to AU. The AU coaches need to keep their guards up at all times, and, after the Yeldon flip, I think they will.

I hope the AU coaches stay in constant contact with this young man. If he's as good as advertised, and I have no reason to believe he's not, Saban is not going to give him up without a fight. I hate to bring this up, but our coaches should never forget what TJ Yeldon did to them, and to AU. The AU coaches need to keep their guards up at all times, and, after the Yeldon flip, I think they will.

I agree.  I think the Yeldon situation was a learning experience for the coaches.  Hopefully, they know what to do to not let that happen again. 

For anyone interested, this is what Dee had to say to a turd sports beat writer about them recruiting him to play the "upshaw position":

"That's where Saban wants me. Upshaw's gone, and he's looking for somebody to take that spot. To be honest, I'd rather play linebacker. That's the position I think I'm supposed to be at now."

Darn, just when you start feeling good about a guy. Hoping he ends up with the good guys but I have a feeling this isn't going to be decided for sure till Feb. but thats the price you pay for going after the good ones!

All I gotta say is will he be playing lb when he's 6'4" 300 lbs?

Doesn't matter what makes sense, just matters what the kid thinks makes sense....

Not saying he couldn't do it but his body type doesn't really fit a LB. He has more of a DL build and frame. I am not sure what his 40 time is but he would be best suited on the line. Saban is spewing all sorts of garbage to get this kid. "Oh yah sure you can play LB we need you there and of course you will start". Any lies to get a kid to come there.

Why do people feed into this? Mr Liner has been committed to us for a long time and is recruiting for us. I am glad that Alabama is recruiting him as well as all the other University's for that matter! I believe Mr Liner will honor his commitment to AU and I believe what he say's when asked on numerous occasions, they can try to flip him but he is ALL IN! Let's not continue to feed the flame of inferiority, have confidence in Auburn and the capabilities of this coaching staff! War Eagle....

Why do people feed into this? Mr Liner has been committed to us for a long time and is recruiting for us. I am glad that Alabama is recruiting him as well as all the other University's for that matter! I believe Mr Liner will honor his commitment to AU and I believe what he say's when asked on numerous occasions, they can try to flip him but he is ALL IN! Let's not continue to feed the flame of inferiority, have confidence in Auburn and the capabilities of this coaching staff! War Eagle....

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!  Yall have just been "Tboned".

BTW, What is Liner doing that makes people feel so confident that he is coming here ? from what I can remember Yeldon was "All In" until the last few weeks in december.

Yeldon never actively recruited for us.  Dee is, in the same manner as Holland, Dyer, and Pike all have.

I will say this, I went to Muscle Shoals HS and still live in Muscle Shoals.  The Shoals area IMO is 80-85% bam fans.  The bama influence is so terrible.  I hope Dee can withstand all the pressure.  There are ua boosters on every street corner, and they will do whatever it takes to get who they want.  Dee, however is not Yeldon.  I do feel way more comfortable with his commit than I did with TJ's. 

I will say this, I went to Muscle Shoals HS and still live in Muscle Shoals.  The Shoals area IMO is 80-85% bam fans.  The bama influence is so terrible.  I hope Dee can withstand all the pressure.  There are ua boosters on every street corner, and they will do whatever it takes to get who they want.  Dee, however is not Yeldon.  I do feel way more comfortable with his commit than I did with TJ's. 

And you are right, the Shoals and Florence are packed full of nothing but Bammers. It is absolutely redonkulous! I was there for a coaching course the last two weekends and seriously thought my truck was going to get keyed.

Having an Almuni tag, AU sticker, and AU license plate I stood out like a sore thumb.....I didn't feel very comfortable.

BTW, What is Liner doing that makes people feel so confident that he is coming here ? from what I can remember Yeldon was "All In" until the last few weeks in december.

Yeldon never actively recruited for us.  Dee is, in the same manner as Holland, Dyer, and Pike all have.

From what I read Dee has good character. I think this is the difference from last years flip. I have never really faulted a kid for changing his mind. Heck at 18 I changed my mind so much I couldn't remember what I decided. And it's obviou$ how some $chools do it. I don't hold any grudges against Calloway or Kujonjo(sp) because I think their hands were tied.  Now last years flip was a different story. If a kid changes his mind, just show some character and respect by letting the coaches who worked hard for you know you changed your mind. Don't wait until the day before the dead period to inflict as much damage as you can on the school you had previously committed to.

yaboy, this is not directed at you.  alot of folks have worried due to yeldon's flip.  that was an outlier event.  We will lose a couple of guys every year in some form or fashion.  this year we happened to lose a big fish in a public/staged way.  folks should not let the minority event effect them for every big recruit.  I assure you, it will happen again.  but it wont happen with every big recruit we have commited.  also ... you cant control it.  

dont worry - be happy!

Archived