2013 4* RB Altee Tenpenny (Alabama signee)

pologuy24

I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking at other options. Too many RB's at Bama.

I agree....kind of a logjam over there. Last year, I could understand why TJ made the switch (I didn't like the way he did it, but I understand why he became an Updyke). This year, if I was one of the 35 RBs committed to UAT, I would start to question just how many footballs they have to go around over there.

I must be missing something..bama has 3 RBs committed. Another thing, I just looked at bama's list of commitments. Whats going on over there? I counted 7 3 star commitments. I thought if you weren't a 5 star you need not apply to play for the "the almighty one"?

Future processing candidates

Bama signs numerous 3 stars every year, and usually about two or three 5 stars per year. Some of the 3 stars like Lacy, Ingram and Cody have panned out very well for them. So are we just trying to sound like bitter haters?

I'll take "Bitter Haters" for $1000 Alex.

When you have proven system in place to get the most out of every member on the roster, and you provide those players with a plan that teaches them how to execute and perform at a high level, a coach can mix all the stars together, add in some walk-ons/JUCO's/truefrosh/RSfrosh/upperclassmen and get a solid team. I believe Auburn will get to that place soon.

Wow, you sound like a real know-it-all. I'll take "blowhards" for a $1000.Alex.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it, the new HC at Arkansas is going to be creating an offense that Altee would thrive in.

As if you knew that to be a fact.

When your 2-Deep is loaded as saban's is, you can then begin to take a few more chances. (i.e. Lacy, McClain, Warmack) If it's grades, you get them tutors, if it's legal, lawyers. If they are 6'6" and 350lbs you get Weight Watchers. Joking aside, you have time to mold players is they have 2-3 years to get ready before they must perform. If like us you need True Frosh's to play right away then you better not take many risks.

I doubt it, the new HC at Arkansas is going to be creating an offense that Altee would thrive in.

As if you knew that to be a fact.

PJ Hill , Montee Ball, John Clay are all guys that can be called out as "Look how I use my RB's". 4 Doak Walker Finalists in 6 years. I always enjoyed watching Wisky run the ball and loved using PJ on some NCAA Football!

When your 2-Deep is loaded as saban's is, you can then begin to take a few more chances. (i.e. Lacy, McClain, Warmack) If it's grades, you get them tutors, if it's legal, lawyers. If they are 6'6" and 350lbs you get Weight Watchers. Joking aside, you have time to mold players is they have 2-3 years to get ready before they must perform. If like us you need True Frosh's to play right away then you better not take many risks.

+1

Saw outside the pay wall at AUC that cowboys were making a run at RB for their ST coach ... Any conspiracy theories that Jerry jones (a arky guy, right?) would be trying to float this to cause tenpenny to shun auburn for arky if he was truly bailing on bama.

Now that I typed it it sounds dumb to me and it was my idea. Figure since I typed it I would leave it for y'all's humor...

Saw outside the pay wall at AUC that cowboys were making a run at RB for their ST coach ... Any conspiracy theories that Jerry jones (a arky guy, right?) would be trying to float this to cause tenpenny to shun auburn for arky if he was truly bailing on bama.

Now that I typed it it sounds dumb to me and it was my idea. Figure since I typed it I would leave it for y'all's humor...

LOL

LOL

i have re-read it and it sounds even dumber now. I usually don't come up with stuff like that but figure it is now good for a laugh!

LOL

i have re-read it and it sounds even dumber now. I usually don't come up with stuff like that but figure it is now good for a laugh!

Is that the sound of helicopters outside your house? You won't be able to see them of course...black as night and no markings.....manned by UN troops....and coming to take your computer. :Sing:

LOL

Well it sure sounds like a lot of them over at 247 think there is some meat on the bones of this rumor. Even if its a rumor it doesn't help with top recruits like DG,GB and AT. They want to know who their RB coach is going to be, especially DG who mentioned that as a major concern before we hired Coach Bisaccia.

Given the non-qualifying top prospects each year, I'm not sure that makes sense. Are you saying they downgraded his ability because of grades? I mean, JaQuay Williams didn't qualify, and he was a 4*. Am I supposed to assume he's the second coming of Calvin Johnson because he was undervalued based on an inability to get qualified? I hope that isn't the case since he's playing in the SEC West now.

Lacy had bad grades AND bad character when he went to UAT - IIRC he had trouble with a 14 yr old girl back in his HS days. That's why Les Miles cooled on him, because he was a grade risk and a recruit with a rap sheet. He was somehow able to enroll at uat and probably received massive tutoring. He had a pretty good career on the field and will be a millionaire in a few short months.

Sociopathic behavior and criminal activity seem to vanish when you end up in Tuscaloosa.

- Signed

Rolando McClain

for sure !!!!!!!!!!

Video and article from KTHV in Little Rock, Ark. 1/24/12

http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/article/244796/56/Bielema-Pushes-for-Tenpenny-with-visit

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Bret Bielema is allowed one in home visit with each recruit as the head coach and he took that visit with Altee Tenpenny, the states top recruit, on Thursday.

Tenpenny committed to Alabama in January of 2012 and hasn't wavered since then. Bielema was named head coach in December and is making a last ditch effort to change Tenpenny's mind. Tenpenny took his official visit to Arkansas the weekend of January 18-20.

Tenpenny says he will have his decision by the first week of February. National signing day is February 6th.

From a purely strategic standpoint, don't y'all think bielema should have waited till after the auburn OV to do his in home? Unless he feels like tenpenny was a possibility to flip to AU during the weekend (which I don't see happening). Just thought it was strange strategy.

From a purely strategic standpoint, don't y'all think bielema should have waited till after the auburn OV to do his in home? Unless he feels like tenpenny was a possibility to flip to AU during the weekend (which I don't see happening). Just thought it was strange strategy.

May not have been aware we are trying to get in on him.

then clearly he is not a member of AUF!!! ... I get this feeling bielema is going to take a couple lumps recruiting in the cutthroat sec...

[quote name=ellitor'

timestamp='1359090009' post='1800319]

then clearly he is not a member of AUF!!! ... I get this feeling bielema is going to take a couple lumps recruiting in the cutthroat sec...

Lol. That's what I was thinking. He wouldn't exactly be on top of some easily obtainable information.

I agree. Wasn't he the one who got his feelings hurt when Urban came after his commits? This could be a rude awakening.

He won't play much at RB at uat since they got the top RB in Florida committed to them. In fact, he might have already be in school.

He won't play much at RB at uat since they got the top RB in Florida committed to them. In fact, he might have already be in school.

That top RB in Florida may very well be moved to LB.

That top RB in Florida may very well be moved to LB.

True, but they also have Henry, who is a beast and the perfect RB for what saban seems to like to do on O. Henry could also be a good LB, but I doubt that will happen.

From Bryan Matthews

1_46041.jpg

http://auburn.247spo...burn-16162163/1

Alabama RB commit Altee Tenpenny is not visiting Auburn this weekend and is unlikely to visit next weekend.

I'm sure $aban told him that he would not be allowed back on campus is he violated his "commitment" by looking elsewhere. That or a small payment was made to keep him happy.

Archived