Tom Luginbill, GT Alumni, Dares to Weigh in on Auburn?

ToraGirl

Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to ESPN (BSPN).  Yep, the ToraGirl is roaring right now...

"I just watched the SEC Media Days coverage of AU Coach Gene Chizik's reflections on the upcoming year.  Though he graciously answered every off-task query with humility & tact, your post-commentary again reflected a personal agenda and bias where AU and its miraculous year are concerned. What took the cake was the verbosity of Luginbill, former QB at Georgia Tech, which has just vacated their own 2009 ACC championship for proven acts!  No one with sense could miss the hypocrisy.  It's a shame that 2010 did not leave ESPN and too many others enough "crow" to eat where deserved AU results are concerned.  Far from mere targeting b/c of the 2010 NC, Auburn draws ire no matter what it does from coast to coast, simply because it exists to shine a light that goes deeper than football. Thank goodness for truth that triumphs over all; we'll take our odds over yours any day! Get busy reading ALL IN, and THEN interpret Coach Chizik's demeanor. You'd do well to follow his example. Stick to truth!"

I'd have said more if the form allowed it.  One way we "fight back" is to "speak our piece and count to three".  Do something to the direct source, regardless of whether or not you think it will help.  The rest, we leave to prayer.  As I posted before...Napoleon Bonaparte once said, "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."  I should think he would personally know, and I look forward to watching the law of reaping and sowing come to pass.

:bow:    :bow:    :bow:    :bow:    :bow:    :bow:    :bow:    :bow:    :bow:   :bow:    :bow:   :bow:   :bow:   

Gotta love some Toragirl.....Just gotta!!!!

:wedance:

While I appreciate your passion and sentiment, I think Tom Lugenbill is one of the most objective CFB analysts out there.  And I didn't find his comments to be an attempt to take shots at Auburn.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to ESPN (BSPN).  Yep, the ToraGirl is roaring right now...

"I just watched the SEC Media Days coverage of AU Coach Gene Chizik's reflections on the upcoming year.  Though he graciously answered every off-task query with humility & tact, your post-commentary again reflected a personal agenda and bias where AU and its miraculous year are concerned. What took the cake was the verbosity of Luginbill, former QB at Georgia Tech, which has just vacated their own 2009 ACC championship for proven acts!  No one with sense could miss the hypocrisy.  It's a shame that 2010 did not leave ESPN and too many others enough "crow" to eat where deserved AU results are concerned.  Far from mere targeting b/c of the 2010 NC, Auburn draws ire no matter what it does from coast to coast, simply because it exists to shine a light that goes deeper than football. Thank goodness for truth that triumphs over all; we'll take our odds over yours any day! Get busy reading ALL IN, and THEN interpret Coach Chizik's demeanor. You'd do well to follow his example. Stick to truth!"

I'd have said more if the form allowed it.  One way we "fight back" is to "speak our piece and count to three".  Do something to the direct source, regardless of whether or not you think it will help.  The rest, we leave to prayer.  As I posted before...Napoleon Bonaparte once said, "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."  I should think he would personally know, and I look forward to watching the law of reaping and sowing come to pass.

I think I'm in love... :timeout::cool::-[

While I appreciate your passion and sentiment, I think Tom Lugenbill is one of the most objective CFB analysts out there.  And I didn't find his comments to be an attempt to take shots at Auburn.

you and I didn't see the same video.  it was insulting that he doesn't even attempt to be objective.  just my opinion obviously.

Archived