2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

Wow.. I never knew Trey was wavering.

I don't think he was.  Think he just really respects Ted Roof.

I wonder how many more ways we can say that? That's 3 as of now.  :laugh:

Ted Roof has been close to Trey for a long time.  He was going to visit as a courtesy to Coach Roof.   :laugh:  4

Trey and Coach Roof are basically BFF's. They aren't a package deal however. ;D 5

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. I never knew Trey was wavering.

I don't think he was.  Think he just really respects Ted Roof.

I wonder how many more ways we can say that? That's 3 as of now.  :laugh:

Ted Roof has been close to Trey for a long time.  He was going to visit as a courtesy to Coach Roof.   :laugh:  4

Trey and Coach Roof are basically BFF's. They aren't a package deal however. ;D 5

Ok guys I think I got it by 3rd or 4th time.  :rolleyes:

The AJC recruiting blog has been on a mission lately to strengthen GA and weaken Auburn and bama in recruiting in-state prospects.  They are doing a lot of spinning.

The AJC recruiting blog has been on a mission lately to strengthen GA and weaken Auburn and bama in recruiting in-state prospects.  They are doing a lot of spinning.

They can spin all they want. They are not apart of the recruiting process.

I didnt know he was thinking about penn state. ;):timeout::yay::dunno::banghead:

He wasn't. Again, he was originally recruited by Ted Roof, with whom he had connections previously. Out of respect/courtesy to Roof, he was going to visit PSU. That is the gist of it.

I didnt know he was thinking about penn state. ;):timeout::yay::dunno::banghead:

He wasn't. Again, he was originally recruited by Ted Roof, with whom he had connections previously. Out of respect/courtesy to Roof, he was going to visit PSU. That is the gist of it.

I think mcjangle was being sarcastic.

Anybody heard anything about him other than he's evaluating other schools especially Miami? TIA  :we:

I know its probably been stated in other threads but why couldnt TJ get a bump up to a 5*. I know everybody says its his size but looking at his Rivals profile and RF's profile there is a 1 inch height difference and about a 10 lb difference between them. So is it really size or what would keep TJ from his 5*?

Weights haven't been updated, RF is significantly bigger at around 250 lbs. Trey is a decent 220 lbs for an incoming HS senior. The biggest difference is thy shouldn't be listed as the same position. TJ will not play ILB at Auburn.

I know its probably been stated in other threads but why couldnt TJ get a bump up to a 5*. I know everybody says its his size but looking at his Rivals profile and RF's profile there is a 1 inch height difference and about a 10 lb difference between them. So is it really size or what would keep TJ from his 5*?

The one getting hosed is Toney.

I agree with you that Cam Toney is getting hosed, I played against him in HS and he is a tremendous athlete and will be very very good in O&B! He is a hard worked who doesnt quit until the job is done so that plays out well for us.

I agree with you that Cam Toney is getting hosed, I played against him in HS and he is a tremendous athlete and will be very very good in O&B! He is a hard worked who doesnt quit until the job is done so that plays out well for us.

Nice info -- thanks! I love our incoming class of LBs!

:we:

People are not going to want to read this but based on the chatter at the camps this summer Trey did not stand out. He will have to stand out at UAAA game practice week and game in january to have a chance at a 5th star.

Nice info -- thanks! I love our incoming class of LBs!

:we:

Just watching all of their videos, Trey and Reuben look to be on another level than Toney.  That's probably stating the obvious.

Some camp really well some play the game really well and I hope he is the later

If you look at Trey's stats and video, it's obvious he is the latter.  Kid has an INSANE nose for the ball. 

RF's weight isn't very accurate on rivals. He's more in the 240-250 range.

RF's weight isn't very accurate on rivals. He's more in the 240-250 range.

Excellent point!!!!;)

Weights haven't been updated, RF is significantly bigger at around 250 lbs. Trey is a decent 220 lbs for an incoming HS senior. The biggest difference is thy shouldn't be listed as the same position. TJ will not play ILB at Auburn.

Archived