2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

I don't understand how he is undersized when he is listed at 222 on Rivals and Foster is listed at 228 lbs. Foster is considered to start at any team he joins so a matter of 6 lbs is considered undersized?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how he is undersized when he is listed at 222 on Rivals and Foster is listed at 228 lbs. Foster is considered to start at any team he joins so a matter of 6 lbs is considered undersized?

That's a mistake on Foster. I don't think he has been that small since 10th grade. He is at 251 now.

That's a mistake on Foster. I don't think he has been that small since 10th grade. He is at 251 now.

Guess Rivals needs to update their listings.

Guess Rivals needs to update their listings.

Most of the sites are way behind on those listings. I would not have known Foster was at 251 if I had not read it in an article a few days ago.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Kipp Adams ESPN ‏@KippLAdams

#ESPN150 LB & #Auburn commit Trey Johnson set to visit #UGA for Dawg Night

of course he will flip, as will our entire class ... georgia will sign their 25 PLUS our 25 (since we will simply kick off some guys to have room for 25 ...).  they will easily have the best 50 signee class EVVVVVER!

I hate when that happens.

Guest EagleDamnWar

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Four-star linebacker Trey Johnson (Lawrenceville, Ga./Central Gwinnett) is the No. 2 inside linebacker in the country, and with Reuben Foster's recent move to Auburn High School in Alabama, Johnson is now the top inside linebacker in the Peach State. Since the Georgia Bulldogs didn't sign a player at that position in the 2012 recruiting class, it seems a head-scratcher that Johnson, who lives 40 miles away from Athens, doesn't have an offer from the Bulldogs.

"I don't hear from them too often," Johnson said. "I heard from them in the spring but since then I haven't heard from them too much. They were recruiting me before, back when I was hearing from everybody and I was going on visits and all that. Then I kind of committed to Auburn and it kind of died down."

His commitment to the Tigers has not deterred everyone.

"I hear from USC, Miami, Notre Dame and Penn State," Johnson said. "Those are the schools that are on me pretty hard."

The ESPN 150 linebacker says he is not wavering yet.

"I am really committed," Johnson said. "The only way you can sway me away from Auburn is to pretty much outdo them in everything that made me want to commit and go there -- the atmosphere, the fan base, how well I fit into the scheme they run and what their plans are for me when I get there. They want me to come in and make an impact on the defense right away."

It would seem a tough sales pitch to beat. Johnson says the Tigers have big plans for him, but could another program have even bigger plans?

"That is what I want to see," Johnson said. "If they can get bigger, then that would be real good."

Statements like that could make the Auburn coaches nervous. That and the fact that Johnson will attend Georgia's Dawg Night camp July 13.

"I will show up because it is not too far away," Johnson said. "I'll just come by to see everybody and show my face. I've got The Opening coming up, so after that I am just going to go up there and chill."

Johnson has heard the wild rumors and is quick to point out that his attendance is partly to see the players he knows and partly to talk to the Georgia coaches, something he hasn't been able to do often.

"Georgia wasn't really recruiting in the season," Johnson said. "They stopped so they could focus on their season so I didn't hear from them at all. But after that they came by and stuff like that. In the spring they can't talk to us so I didn't really get a chance to sit down and talk to them. But later they said, 'We want you to come by just so you can see it again since it has been a long time since you came up.' "

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Under Armour All-American might run into Foster at Dawg Night, as Foster indicated he might attend as well. Johnson says Foster is deserving of all the accolades he receives.

"He is a great player -- phenomenal," Johnson said. "I have played with him at camps. He is real athletic for his size. He is more of an inside guy while I am trying to be more of a hybrid linebacker. So that is main difference between us -- me trying to be a safety-type linebacker. Ever since my sophomore year I have tried to be good in the pass and the run. The main thing is I try to be real versatile. I try to do everything."

I found this comment hilarious by some backwoods inbred UGA fan:

This Mr. Johnson is smart to be looking to switch to a quality team like Dawgs instead a Awful Burn after Cheese Dip had the shootout at the AU coral. Coach Cheese Dip desrves the blaming for creating a thug culture with 180K Clams Newton and cheap shotting artist Nick Farely. Staying home and playing for Christian Dawgs is right thing to do istead of traitoring on state.

All I have to say to that is where were your upstanding moral "dawgs" when your star RB was busted for multiple hand gun violations. Pretty much their whole team has a police record.

This Mr. Johnson is smart to be looking to switch to a quality team like Dawgs instead a Awful Burn after Cheese Dip had the shootout at the AU coral. Coach Cheese Dip desrves the blaming for creating a thug culture with 180K Clams Newton and cheap shotting artist Nick Farely. Staying home and playing for Christian Dawgs is right thing to do istead of traitoring on state.

All I have to say to that is where were your upstanding moral "dawgs" when your star RB was busted for multiple hand gun violations. Pretty much their whole team has a police record.

I think it speaks for itself.

To me, this speaks volumes and should be taken to heart by all of the recruits...

“They already know I’m going to see what’s out there, to make sure my commitment is 100 percent and Auburn is where I want to be. The Auburn fans are understanding. They always back you 100 percent and none of them say anything negative about [visiting other schools].”

Now it's up to all of us to live up to that reputation.

Chizik has made this pretty clear and consistent.  Hey recruits, take your visits.  Over time we will lose a recruit here and there ... And that will be a bummer ... But the ones that stick will be more strongly committed AND believe in the culture that chizik has established.

I really like Coach Richt. The UGA fans can act entitled, for some reason, but I like what Richt does.

I really like Coach Richt. The UGA fans can act entitled, for some reason, but I like what Richt does.

I like what I've heard about him, but the amount of times his players have run into trouble with the law over the years does cause one to wonder a little.

I like what I've heard about him, but the amount of times his players have run into trouble with the law over the years does cause one to wonder a little.

one of my very good friends that I work with (UF grad) actually lived with a buddy that went to UGA and still hangs out with the UGA football players. They have absolutely no respect for Richt for the most part. Richt tells them to not party in Athens, so they drive to Atlanta and party out in the bars here. At the beginning of the year last year I was positive they'd crumble and Richt would be gone, but you have to give him credit for righting the ship last year.

I think the dawg fans support Richt so fiercely because they can't bring themselves to admit that he just isn't the "moral compass" they have always proclaimed him to be.  Don't get me wrong, he seems to be a nice enough guy, but when approx. 1/3 of your team has a criminal record, and that has ALL happened under your watch, I question how much "mentoring" or "spiritual guidance" is actually taking place.  

IMHO, Richt reminds me of Tubberville.  He is a good man, a good coach, and has done good things with the UGA program, but seems to be at the end of his tenure with UGA.  He doesn't seem to have the fire he used to show on the sidelines.

I look forward to the schelacking we are going to put on them this year, as payback for last season.  

War Eagle!

We have had some bad things happen on CGCs watch so we cant really say too much about Richt.

The only thing that has happened that is the same magnitude of some of what's gone on at UGA is the four who robbed that house, and Chizik suspended all four of them quickly and decisively. The Pike deal really is a kid being a kid, even if he doesn't deserve a free pass for it, and he got sent home as a result (we will see whether he works his way back or not). Georgia has had multiple issues and arrests, and many of those players are still on the team. There is a world of difference between AU and UGA, no matter what the media would have you believe.

We have had some bad things happen on CGCs watch so we cant really say too much about Richt.

Yes but CGC does not look the other way or sweep things under the rug like Richt has numerous times.

No one has done less with more talent than Richt consistently year after year. 

Coach Chizik has had off field issues with players too, but at least he has a brought Auburn a National Championship.

Coach Chizik has had off field issues with players too, but at least he has a brought Auburn a National Championship.

From Rivals

[table][tr][td]Year Class Rank

2002 3

2003 6

2004 9

2005 10

2006 4

2007 9

2008 7

2009 6

2010 15

2011 5

2012 12

[/table]

Over those years Richt has 5 East titles with 2 SEC Championships. With those kind of class rankings you would expect much more.

This is posted in AJC.com by a looser named Hairy Dawg. Every post he every puts in on any topic is a direct shot at Auburn. I have ripped his opinion on several occasions, and after the shooting recently he had some very negative things to say about Auburn. My comments to him after that were very direct, and to my surprise, and glee almost every comment after mine supported what I had said and let him know he was out of bounds on his comments. Whomever this POS is has some issues, and needs to probably step back from the computer for a while!

This is posted in AJC.com by a looser named Hairy Dawg. Every post he every puts in on any topic is a direct shot at Auburn. I have ripped his opinion on several occasions, and after the shooting recently he had some very negative things to say about Auburn. My comments to him after that were very direct, and to my surprise, and glee almost every comment after mine supported what I had said and let him know he was out of bounds on his comments. Whomever this POS is has some issues, and needs to probably step back from the computer for a while!

6ekzdd.gif

Very true. And I do not give Richt much credit for turning things around last year- they had just about the easiest schedule you could have in the SEC. They have another easy schedule this year, so they will likely win 10 games again. I wonder why the top recruits (and HS coaches) don't understand that most players underachieve at UGA and don't win championships.

Archived