2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ted Roof is his main recruiter and Coach Roof graduated from this same high school. Roof's name in still in the locker room and this kid a broken records that were set by Roof.

I found this YouTube Video on Trey. He Looks strong and Fast. He reminds me of a certain very highly rated LB in this years class that has yet to commit anywhere.

Well one is the loss of Curry. Two would be the injury to White. Three would be the injury to Gaston. Four would be the loss of Swain(could be a safety of linebacker). Five would be the injury by Frost. Six will be the possible redshirt of Garrett. Landrum should be able to provide a little. We've just had tough luck.

Well one is the loss of Curry. Two would be the injury to White. Three would be the injury to Gaston. Four would be the loss of Swain(could be a safety of linebacker). Five would be the injury by Frost. Six will be the possible redshirt of Garrett. Landrum should be able to provide a little. We've just had tough luck.

All are good points and legitimate answers, but it seems that we are not getting enough of the quality players needed to fill the linebacker position, especially compared to the quality of players we're getting in other areas.

This topic have been discussed a lot today in forums and talk shows, but no one seems to have an explanation.

I think we are getting quality players that fit what we do on defense and always have. Most are not the 5* guys but most are the small, speedy linebackers we have been known to recruit. Most smallish linebackers are never ranked that high. One guy I left off the list earlier was Freeman. He's been slow to develop and earn the coaches trust to get a ton of playing time. He was ranked a 5* coming in from juco. I don't know if your "quality players" comment is based on their star ranking or not, i'm just saying the we get good quality guys for our system regardless of their star ranking. Thinking back to the '09 season I believe we were missing Tray Blackmon who left school early. He could've provided depth that season.

I think AU is doing fine in recruiting Lbs, we are definitely not getting the 5* players like bama but like Tiger Growlin stated we're getting guys who fit our system.  Garrett is being left out of conversation because of Frost but he is definitely just as talented as KF, IMO.  Coach roof has recruited some solid Lbs.

I think he is just saying that even though we are finding guys who fit our system, at most positions we are doing so with players who are national level guys.

Our 2011 defense is gonna be a different sorta animal that we're gonna like. Roof is no way as shabby as some out there believe. You just wait and see.

This kid should be top priority in 2013.

Along with Bigelow

Just imagine, two kids from Delaware could be our starting DTs in a few years.   :we:

LOL! unreal, but soo true.. That for some reason just makes me laugh..

I think AU is doing fine in recruiting Lbs, we are definitely not getting the 5* players like bama but like Tiger Growlin stated we're getting guys who fit our system.  Garrett is being left out of conversation because of Frost but he is definitely just as talented as KF, IMO.  Coach roof has recruited some solid Lbs.

THIS^^!! FWIW folks, I've heard VERY good things about Justin Garret this summer! I've heard that he came in READY TO PLAY and now that Frost is out, he will be counted on to see a pretty fair amount of time on the field this year! Plus, wait till you guys get a load of Jonathan Evans!! That guy has All-SEC potential! J-S and ST should be able to back me on this.

:we:

Archived