I am boycotting ALL sponsors of WJOX

Todd From Talisi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is radio.  Unless you TELL them you listen to the show, you don't help the ratings.  I don't seek out PF (I live in Birmingham but generally spend all my time in SC), but will listen to him for entertainment.  The same kind of entertainment as Jerry Springer or Rush.  It is fun to laugh at the insanity!  Boycotting might work...but not a hidden boycott.  Unless sponsors KNOW there is a boycott, they won't notice.

:thumbsup:

Plan in private and not on an open forum, then implement it all on the same day in a coordinated effort. Nationwide sponsors the guest call in line on fbomb. All at the same time, jam the Nationwide phone number with complaint calls. Not really that complicated, you would think.

To be used as an example only ;D

I read this thread yesterday and thought I would do a little Intel on JOX and sent them this email to all three Sales Managers:

"Can I get a list of WJOX sponsors please? Thanks!". Simple yet strait to the point, right?

Here was the response I got:

Bill Thomas- "Hi Mr. Hollis,

We do not distribute a list of sponsors on the station, but they are readily available to anyone who wants to monitor the station and write them down.

Let me know if I can be helpful in any other way.

Thanks for listening."

Bill

Bill THomas is the Marketing MGR.

Here is the second, I will leave the Hair color assumptions up to you- "Sponsors for what?  I’m not sure what you’re asking."

Micki

Micki Haralson

General Sales Manager

WZRR Alabama's Best Rock

WJOX 94.5

Citadel Broadcasting

205-917-1923

No response yet from the third guy.

I read this thread yesterday and thought I would do a little Intel on JOX and sent them this email to all three Sales Managers:

"Can I get a list of WJOX sponsors please? Thanks!". Simple yet strait to the point, right?

Here was the response I got:

Bill Thomas- "Hi Mr. Hollis,

We do not distribute a list of sponsors on the station, but they are readily available to anyone who wants to monitor the station and write them down.

Let me know if I can be helpful in any other way.

Thanks for listening."

Bill

Bill THomas is the Marketing MGR.

Here is the second, I will leave the Hair color assumptions up to you- "Sponsors for what?  I’m not sure what you’re asking."

Micki

Micki Haralson

General Sales Manager

WZRR Alabama's Best Rock

WJOX 94.5

Citadel Broadcasting

205-917-1923

No response yet from the third guy.

I think the second guy means that there are individual sponsers for each segment of air time.  For instance, the OD will have a different set of sponsers than the PF show.  I could be wrong but i believe that's how it works

The fact the question was asked sent a message .

The general public has no reason to ask for a list of someones ad sponsors unless they intend to boycott or solicit the people spending money on ads to advertise elsewhere. No matter what your business is, if someone asked you for a list of your customers, what would be your first response?

The general public has no reason to ask for a list of someones ad sponsors unless they intend to boycott or solicit the people spending money on ads to advertise elsewhere. No matter what your business is, if someone asked you for a list of your customers, what would be your first response?

:-\

:-\

:-\ :-\

I'll take one for the team on Monday.  I will listen as much as I can (or stand) and make a list of sponsors and which shows they advertise on.   I won't be able to listen all day but I will hang in as long as I can.  

Glad to do it BB.  Thanks for your help.   :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will be a positive influence.

WDE !!!

It can't hurt.

You do not have to, but I have had enough. WJOX radio host and representatives have vouched and tried their best to validate one Danny Sheridan. A Bama grad, gambling oddsmaker and up to this point, a full blown RUMOR MONGERER. I  hope that The NTYF can get after them, if you do not agree I understand, but I will be contacting sponsors off all WJOX shows and demand an explanation for Danny Sheridan's comments. I hope yall can support this cause, I think a real ground swell will make a change, and I demand a validated name to this so-called "bagman" from WJOX management that Mr. Sheridan and Paul Finebaum have so aggressively pushed the last two weeks. Management should take notice, representatives from their organization have pushed this story as truthful, which makes WJOX accountable as well.

Thanks

Todd

i love being seeing bama players injured

You do not have to, but I have had enough. WJOX radio host and representatives have vouched and tried their best to validate one Danny Sheridan. A Bama grad, gambling oddsmaker and up to this point, a full blown RUMOR MONGERER. I  hope that The NTYF can get after them, if you do not agree I understand, but I will be contacting sponsors off all WJOX shows and demand an explanation for Danny Sheridan's comments. I hope yall can support this cause, I think a real ground swell will make a change, and I demand a validated name to this so-called "bagman" from WJOX management that Mr. Sheridan and Paul Finebaum have so aggressively pushed the last two weeks. Management should take notice, representatives from their organization have pushed this story as truthful, which makes WJOX accountable as well.

Thanks

Todd

I don't think you are an Auburn fan.

Thanks

Todd

I don't think you are an Auburn fan.

I think don't he's sober... :-\

Archived