I am boycotting ALL sponsors of WJOX

Todd From Talisi

You do not have to, but I have had enough. WJOX radio host and representatives have vouched and tried their best to validate one Danny Sheridan. A Bama grad, gambling oddsmaker and up to this point, a full blown RUMOR MONGERER. I  hope that The NTYF can get after them, if you do not agree I understand, but I will be contacting sponsors off all WJOX shows and demand an explanation for Danny Sheridan's comments. I hope yall can support this cause, I think a real ground swell will make a change, and I demand a validated name to this so-called "bagman" from WJOX management that Mr. Sheridan and Paul Finebaum have so aggressively pushed the last two weeks. Management should take notice, representatives from their organization have pushed this story as truthful, which makes WJOX accountable as well.

Thanks

Todd

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it in pm's my friend. If you do it on an open forum you announce it and do nothing but give them time to make more fun of you.

When you called in, you were confrontational, which in turn made them the same way. Is that so hard to really figure out? You catch a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. You said they would lose credibility. Hard to lose something you don't have. Adamant feelings do not lead to eloquent presentation. It is a shock style radio program, the more controversy the better. You'll be doing them nothing but a favor by annoucing a boycott.

Do it in pm's my friend. If you do it on an open forum you announce it and do nothing but give them time to make more fun of you.

When you called in, you were confrontational, which in turn made them the same way. Is that so hard to really figure out? You catch a lot more flies with honey than you do wtih vinegar. You said they would lose credibility. Hard to lose something you don't have. Adamant feelings do not lead to eloquent presentation. It is a shock style radio program, the more controversy the better. You'll be doing them nothing but a favor by annoucing a boycott.

^^^THIS^^^

Its kinda of like yelling "get 'em" right before you pounce.  Don't give them the heads up.

Yeah, I don't ever listen to JOX or Paul Finebaum so I'm never really bothered by the garbage they spew on there.

Honestly, the only reason I ever know what they talk about is because posters on this forum start a new topic about them every time they say something crazy about Auburn or Newton.

What will really hurt him is to stop listening. Stop giving hits to that site. Auburn fans stop calling in to his show. JUST STOP when it comes to pondscum.

I have been an advocate of being Paawwwl free for a long time.

I do not listen to JOX in AM anymore either for some of the reasons already given.

I'd welcome a list of JOX's sponsors .

In these days and times I welcome any sound reason to evaluate who I spend my dollars with.

WWWDE

What will really hurt him is to stop listening. Stop giving hits to that site. Auburn fans stop calling in to his show. JuUST STOP when it comes to pondscum.

PERFECT answer !  May I suggest that everyone read the page Bird pinned in AU Football.  The beginning of a list of AU friendly programs is available.......and needs the input of all AU faithful. 

Link: http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36182.0

WDE !!!

To date, I've cut out Loinbalm, WJOX, and all ESPN "sports" shows.  I was worried about the last one, thinking I could not live without my sportscenter every day, but I really don't miss it.  Now, I am only human, so I will watch games on ESPN, since they have a large percentage of college football games.  Believe me, if I could get them in HD from another source, I would.  

The only problem with the above is that for every Auburn fan that quits watching/listening, there are plenty of gumps out there procreating with their cousins, teaching little Bama/Bear/Crimson/Al/Bryant/Nick to scream "Row Tahd" before they can even walk.  Believe me that these kids are already very familiar with Uncle Paawwwl.

I've just quit watching or listening to any sports programs other than actual sporting events. I have no desire to hear the negative bs that's out there. My life is a lot more stress free. I've even found time to read a book or two.

I have been an advocate of being Paawwwl free for a long time.

I do not listen to JOX in AM anymore either for some of the reasons already given.

I'd welcome a list of JOX's sponsors .

In these days and times I welcome any sound reason to evaluate who I spend my dollars with.

WWWDE

^^^^^

I have proudly been Finebaum free for almost a year.  Then, I went cold turkey on all JOX shows. It is a liberating feeling to not have that stuff stinking up the inside of my car anymore.

Turn the dial and give it a try.

What about a silent boycott?  Give the name of the sponsors to Auburn folks. Don't write any letters or ignite any publicity, but post each sponsor on a thread so we know not to patronize their business. If enough Auburn fans boycott, the sponsors will find out their business is down and their names are on Auburn's blacklist.

:dunno:

I like the secret boycott idea.

AU's version of Super Secret Probation !

The source of the list ???????????

A spin on an old joke ,  How to get an elephant's attention ?

Hit 'em  in the pocketbook.

If you have to do business with one of their sponsors, pay them in Two dollars Bills.

Then, if you can, tell them , or print it out for them,  ''Never Again".

They get any, it will be discussed with employees.

If they get a lot the owners will  figure it out or be clued in. 

I would support a boycott....but a silent boycott won't be as successful. You have to let the sponsors know that you are taking your business elsewhere, and why you are doing it in order to get results....IMHO.

I have been boycotting for a while. I've noticed I am a much happier person not listening to the venom that is spewed on a daily basis from that station.

:thumbsup:

I debated if I should write this or not. It is fairly early Saturday morning so please forgive me and I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

First, I graduated from Auburn; it was 4 of the best years of my life. I have many friends that live in AL. I however, live out of state in Atlanta. We do have our share of issues in Atlanta. Atlanta has grown a lot and is big. One interesting thing is that it is still very much a college oriented city. College football rules here. There are tons of vocal fans from all sorts of colleges in Atlanta, including huge Auburn and Alabama followings.

I am a big sports fan and listen to sports talk radio all the time. I really enjoy the listening and the personalities. The local sports radio stations here will slam all colleges when they get an opening to do so. With all the college stuff going on today, they have been slamming quite a few, Ohio State, Ga Tech, North Carolina, Oregon, Miss State, GA, Alabama, yes Auburn too, and others. Since no one school, other than UGA can dominate the sport talk shows, the slamming never gets to be so bad I need to turn it off. Even during the Cam stuff last year, there was certainly enough positive AU callers that I felt OK about listening knowing that AU fans would be heard too. Plus, the sports talk would have to switch to Pro sports subjects and Ohio State subjects, etc.

Here goes, don't get mad:

if I lived in AL, and had to listen to the college coverage on AL radio it would drive me nuts. It seems to be tainted towards Bama and that would drive me crazy. I realize many of the callers are the wacky fringe type. It is no wonder why I think the hatred between AU and Bama is at an all-time high, and seems to be closer to getting dangerous, with Updyke being an example. 

I love Auburn, but I feel glad to not have to listen to sport talk there. I feel for all AU fans in AL, that enjoy sports talk but have to endure the xxxx that you have to put up with.

War Eagle.

I debated if I should write this or not. It is fairly early Saturday morning so please forgive me and I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

First, I graduated from Auburn; it was 4 of the best years of my life. I have many friends that live in AL. I however, live out of state in Atlanta. We do have our share of issues in Atlanta. Atlanta has grown a lot and is big. One interesting thing is that it is still very much a college oriented city. College football rules here. There are tons of vocal fans from all sorts of colleges in Atlanta, including huge Auburn and Alabama followings.

I am a big sports fan and listen to sports talk radio all the time. I really enjoy the listening and the personalities. The local sports radio stations here will slam all colleges when they get an opening to do so. With all the college stuff going on today, they have been slamming quite a few, Ohio State, Ga Tech, North Carolina, Oregon, Miss State, GA, Alabama, yes Auburn too, and others. Since no one school, other than UGA can dominate the sport talk shows, the slamming never gets to be so bad I need to turn it off. Even during the Cam stuff last year, there was certainly enough positive AU callers that I felt OK about listening knowing that AU fans would be heard too. Plus, the sports talk would have to switch to Pro sports subjects and Ohio State subjects, etc.

Here goes, don't get mad:

if I lived in AL, and had to listen to the college coverage on AL radio it would drive me nuts. It seems to be tainted towards Bama and that would drive me crazy. I realize many of the callers are the wacky fringe type. It is no wonder why I think the hatred between AU and Bama is at an all-time high, and seems to be closer to getting dangerous, with Updyke being an example. 

I love Auburn, but I feel glad to not have to listen to sport talk there. I feel for all AU fans in AL, that enjoy sports talk but have to endure the xxxx that you have to put up with.

War Eagle.

Same boat here JFDTiger80. I live in Buford and listen to 680 and 790 but I also have XM and can listen to PF if I want to. I will sometimes catch his show for a few minutes which is about as long as I can take it. I am thankful I do not have to put up with other local Al. stations and can listen to 680 and 790 in Atl. Overall well said.

I've been listening to PF for 20 years...PF can only make you mad if YOU LET HIM!  I choose not to let him.  You folks are stronger than that!  Sack up and stand tall...and laugh it all off!  That's what I do...besides that, drive time in B'ham is tough enough without entertainment.  WDE!

It is radio.  Unless you TELL them you listen to the show, you don't help the ratings.  I don't seek out PF (I live in Birmingham but generally spend all my time in SC), but will listen to him for entertainment.  The same kind of entertainment as Jerry Springer or Rush.  It is fun to laugh at the insanity!  Boycotting might work...but not a hidden boycott.  Unless sponsors KNOW there is a boycott, they won't notice.

It is radio.  Unless you TELL them you listen to the show, you don't help the ratings.  I don't seek out PF (I live in Birmingham but generally spend all my time in SC), but will listen to him for entertainment.  The same kind of entertainment as Jerry Springer or Rush.  It is fun to laugh at the insanity!  Boycotting might work...but not a hidden boycott.  Unless sponsors KNOW there is a boycott, they won't notice.

:bow: :bow: :bow: entertainment  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Archived