Clay Travis drops another one

JsnAL8

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:party:  Pour it on!! an't wait to hear more crying from my Bammer friends.

Yeah, was good read. Vacated wins are coming. I am wondering if players are suspended before the season starts and if so, for how long?

Bama does not appear to be in damage control mode at all. Saban has been aware of everything and is not trying to mitigate anything (like by suspending players or admitting to a violation). So, the question is, do they suspend Trent and maybe AJ for at least 3 games or something like that as damage control (albeit well after the fact) or do they continue on, business as usual and wait till the NCAA penalizes them. I would think the business as usual approach eventually results in vacated wins this year and much worse penalties.

If they report it, the NCAA is less likely to do a thorough investigation. The longer they continue to insist that they have done nothing wrong, the more interested the NCAA will get about seeing what else they might uncover. Their arrogance will be their downfall.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

They will follow "suit" ( ;D ) regarding how Auburn handled the Cam Newton story and play through... :yay:

I am sure they are looking at that and it will be a possible course of action. Declaring the players ineligible and applying for immediate reinstatement. In fact I think this may be the only "middle of the road" action they may have left before being committed to walk one side or the other.

harvey U is in a quandary. LOL

If they sit TR and others, I don't think anyone will know until the day of the 1st game. Remember that is what they did with the textbook guys. They announced the morning of the TN game. No one, anywhere had a clue that one was coming.

If they sit TR and others, I don't think anyone will know until the day of the 1st game. Remember that is what they did with the textbook guys. They announced the morning of the TN game. No one, anywhere had a clue that one was coming.

There were a couple of beat writers who knew about it but they didn't print a word of it. 

This bit of information that Travis has found in the NCAA rulebook has made me rethink the way this case may go.. I really don't see how the NCAA can ignore the case with the pictures that have popped up that clearly shows this business advertising with signed memorabilia from current players.

There were a couple of beat writers who knew about it but they didn't print a word of it. 

I'm anxiously awaiting the Cecil Hurt expose on suit-gate ... figure I'll get all of the details on the story on FB any day now.

No players are going to be suspended.

No players are going to "sit."

No wins are going to be vacated.

Nothing is going to happen.

Really??? Much a do about nothing I suppose... :'(

Wrong.  There is indisputable photo evidence of rules being broken.  The NCAA will be backed into a corner and will have to enforce the rules.  Player and Staff konowledge of rules being broken will be the back breaker.  Now, whether it is considered a major infraction or not is to be determined.  The punishment may be too light in our opinions but there will be punishment. 

If they report it, the NCAA is less likely to do a thorough investigation. The longer they continue to insist that they have done nothing wrong, the more interested the NCAA will get about seeing what else they might uncover. Their arrogance will be their downfall.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

We all known the Bammers never do anything wrong.

I still enjoyed reading this story.

That's what would happen if we got the UN Council to issue a harsh rebuke in a strongly worded statement condemning the University of Alabama and its NCAA violations...

"...Alabama players Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, and Mark Ingram didn't "permit(s) the use of his or her name..."

My favorite sentence!  :laugh:

WDE

This was awesome!

"Me: Hello, this is Clay Travis, you just threatened to kill me.

Chuck: (beer cans scatter onto floor of double wide trailer, dogs bark, a fourteenth child cries for want of milk) We have 743 national championships. How many do you have?"

Damn he has the bammers discription nailed down.

"...Alabama players Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, and Mark Ingram didn't "permit(s) the use of his or her name..."

My favorite sentence!  :laugh:

WDE

I don't think that will work for them.  The players knowingly signed merchandise for the store owner, there are photos of them signing the items.  There are photos of the AD and coaching staff with the store owner.  Pictures don't lie.  They were permitting the use of their name the minute they put their signature on the merchandise. 

They shouldn't get away with this - the store owner used the players images and names to market his buisness.  The players allowed him to do it.

The killer will be that there is photo evidence of TR signing jerseys that were displayed for a substantial length of time while the athletes still frequented this business seeing their signed stuff in the window and not asking Albetar to remove them. The school's unwillingness to report this violation, that if their compliance staff actually knew the rules, should have taken care of, will be what gets them. Their unwillingness, and egotistical stance of purity will not sit well with the NCAA.

This was awesome!

"Me: Hello, this is Clay Travis, you just threatened to kill me.

Chuck: (beer cans scatter onto floor of double wide trailer, dogs bark, a fourteenth child cries for want of milk) We have 743 national championships. How many do you have?"

Damn he has the bammers discription nailed down.

He is close but he could be more specific by saying natural light cans.

Bama is in a tough position, If they sit players they admit guilt.  Here is the reason it is impossible for them to make the right move now. This was going on during the championship season.  If they try to gain favor by sitting them now they admit it was a violation, thus wins and possible BCS stripped. They are really rolling the dice, but it is the only logical move they can make right now.

Bama is in a tough position, If they sit players they admit guilt.  Here is the reason it is impossible for them to make the right move now. This was going on during the championship season.  If they try to gain favor by sitting them now they admit it was a violation, thus wins and possible BCS stripped. They are really rolling the dice, but it is the only logical move they can make right now.

That is was I think too, that bama is worried about their BCS NC crystal football... and you have to add too that how they will feel giving up theirs while we get to keep ours after all the effort and lies they threw our way trying to cause us to lose ours.

I know this may be the wrong way to think of this, but if bammer escapes punishment AGAIN for their cheating ways, I say we give Milton McGregor his own personal skybox, free of charge for life, and an "all-access" pass into the locker rooms and all practices.  Hell, make him our lead recruiter.

The point of the rant above is that if the NCAA ignores this issue, they will set a precedent for all schools that it is okay to blantantly cheat.  At that point, the NCAA should just disband, as they will no longer have any authority or power over the conferences.  There is too much involved in this case to just "sweep under the rug".  Pictures say a thousand words, and there are too many pics of CURRENT players signing stuff to ignore.  If there is any justice in this world, bad things are headed toward turdville.

Of course, with the recent examples of justice in this country (Casey Anthony, I am looking at you), I wouldn't be 100% shocked if they skate by with no penalties.

Archived