Clay Travis drops another one

JsnAL8

Hold on, I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.

I don't carry Dapper Dan, I carry Fop. Well, I don't want Fop, I'm a Dapper Dan man!

:laugh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama is in a tough position, If they sit players they admit guilt.  Here is the reason it is impossible for them to make the right move now. This was going on during the championship season.  If they try to gain favor by sitting them now they admit it was a violation, thus wins and possible BCS stripped. They are really rolling the dice, but it is the only logical move they can make right now.

Can't agree with that.  The most that could be assumed is that they were cautious.  Only in retrospect could you determine motive, ie, that UpDykes knew they were actually guilty......and by the way, I believe they are.  What is astounding in this is how blatant this memorabilia autograph situation is and yet they deny it.  The hammer will not only fall, their program will be severely crippled.

Stay tuned for the most incredible spin ever witnessed, even better than when "is" was redefined.   :laugh:  Most of the spin will come from the NCAA, not UpDyke University.  Why ?  Because of the $100's of millions involved.

WDE !!!

Hold on, I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.

I don't carry Dapper Dan, I carry Fop. Well, I don't want Fop, I'm a Dapper Dan man!

O Brother.......

No players are going to be suspended.

No players are going to "sit."

No wins are going to be vacated.

Nothing is going to happen.

Where you reading the notes of the UAT compliance dept report to the UAT's athletic dept?

I've always wondered, what's the devil look like?

Well, there are all manner of lesser imps and demons, guys, but the great Satan hisself is red and scaly with a bifurcated tail, and he carries a hay fork.

Oh, no. No, sir. He's white, as white as you folks, with empty eyes and a big hollow voice. He likes to travel around with an ugly old houndstooth hat . That's right.

I've always wondered, what's the devil look like?

Well, there are all manner of lesser imps and demons, guys, but the great Satan hisself is red and scaly with a bifurcated tail, and he carries a hay fork.

Oh, no. No, sir. He's white, as white as you folks, with empty eyes and a big hollow voice. He likes to travel around with an ugly old houndstooth hat . That's right.

I never caught that in as many times I've seen it.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :thumbsup:

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

I think the interesting (and funny) thing will be to see how UAT reacts to this.

It will be a fun to watch the mighty tiders fall apart this season, on and off the field.

:zapbama::beatmullet::zapbama:

The FBI needs to put Tom Albatross and Louie Linguini in the witness program to keep them out of harms way when the riots start in a few weeks.

The FBI needs to put Tom Albatross and Louie Linguini in the witness program to keep them out of harms way when the riots start in a few weeks.

Maybe they can move to Memphis where they'll be safe from the REC....

I hope no innocent people get hurt when all these turds start jumping off the bandwagon again.   ;D

I'm thinking a few people might defy the law of gravity AGAIN and fall up the stairs.  :-X  :laugh:

Seriously, if this story develops.....Satan will be moving on.  He's due anyway.

WDE !!! :zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

I hope no innocent people get hurt when all these turds start jumping off the bandwagon again.   ;D

I'm thinking a few people might defy the law of gravity AGAIN and fall up the stairs.  :-X  :laugh:

Seriously, if this story develops.....Satan will be moving on.  He's due anyway.

WDE !!! :zapbama:   :zapbama:   :zapbama:

He'll be leaving saying he had nothing to do with all this and that he had no idea it was happening.  :-\

Personally I don't think anything will happen. Their is no way to prove the players knew he was selling the signed merchandise. I don't think the photos will be enough. It will be like the Cam and his Dad case (minus the photos), they will just say the didn't know about it. But this is not the court of law, but the NCAA. So who knows. Guess it depends on how the NCAA  looks at evidence. Do they view it as a regular court of law or do they view it as a civil trial would.

Personally I don't think anything will happen. Their is no way to prove the players knew he was selling the signed merchandise. I don't think the photos will be enough. It will be like the Cam and his Dad case (minus the photos), they will just say the didn't know about it. But this is not the court of law, but the NCAA. So who knows. Guess it depends on how the NCAA  looks at evidence. Do they view it as a regular court of law or do they view it as a civil trial would.

There is no way they didn't know the jerseys and memorabilia were for sale.  They were in the kiosk outside of the TTMW store.  You could see the rack in the background of a few of the photos of players in the store.  Also, the players knew the displays were being used for advertising in the store.  They have photos of the players in front of the displays.  One or more of the displays were in the front window of the store.  Anybody walking in couldn't miss it. 

Two things:

1. "Like the Cam and his dad case (minus the photos)". Ok except the photos exist and are kinda relevant and a big deal.

2. "Regular court" does inclcude a civil law and if anything, the NCAA decisions are much more of the civil trial law variety of the preponderance of the evidence as opposed to beyond a reasonable doubt.

Their is no way to prove the players knew he was selling the signed merchandise. I don't think the photos will be enough.

Outkickthecoverage:

"12.5.2.1 Advertisements and Promotions After Becoming a Student-Athlete.

After becoming a student-athlete, an individual shall not be eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics if the individual: (a) Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind."

Based on the timestamps on photos that have been pointed out by SportsByBrooks here, there's really no argument that Alabama players Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, and Mark Ingram didn't "permit(s) the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind."

They 100% did this and allowed this to continue for months, throughout, at least, the entirety of the 2010 football season. Anyone not wearing Crimson colored glasses can see this clearly."

The argument CT makes is that the student athlete is culpable by merely allowing their name to promote advertising, albeit there are exceptions such as charity, but if the bylaw is as CT states AND the NCAA interprets, then UpDyke University is going down.....their head is about to be chopped off and handed to them.  One of the photos shows Marcel Dareus standing in front of the window display with his (and others) autographed helmet and jersey.    What other purpose do the jerseys provide except to advertise Albetar's store.  The definition of advertise is "to make publicly and generally known".  The jerseys clearly accomplish this.  This dilemma is not rocket science.  The jerseys scream to the passersby, "Come look at Albetar's store !!!".

UpDykes are going down, going down !  In the first round baby.

WDE !!!

Their is no way to prove the players knew he was selling the signed merchandise. I don't think the photos will be enough.

Outkickthecoverage:

"12.5.2.1 Advertisements and Promotions After Becoming a Student-Athlete.

After becoming a student-athlete, an individual shall not be eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics if the individual: (a) Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind."

Based on the timestamps on photos that have been pointed out by SportsByBrooks here, there's really no argument that Alabama players Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, and Mark Ingram didn't "permit(s) the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind."

They 100% did this and allowed this to continue for months, throughout, at least, the entirety of the 2010 football season. Anyone not wearing Crimson colored glasses can see this clearly."

The argument CT makes is that the student athlete is culpable by merely allowing their name to promote advertising, albeit there are exceptions such as charity, but if the bylaw is as CT states AND the NCAA interprets, then UpDyke University is going down.....their head is about to be chopped off and handed to them.  One of the photos shows Marcel Dareus standing in front of the window display with his (and others) autographed helmet and jersey.    What other purpose do the jerseys provide except to advertise Albetar's store.  The definition of advertise is "to make publicly and generally known".  The jerseys clearly accomplish this.  This dilemma is not rocket science.  The jerseys scream to the passersby, "Come look at Albetar's store !!!".

UpDykes are going down, going down !  In the first round baby.

WDE !!!

Seriously, this is a slam dunk, open and shut case. There is no ambiguitity, no grey area, no nothing.

1. Players signed merchandise in the store for re-sale. There is no way around it. They were in the store being photographed signing it and it was being sold 50 feet away. There is plenty of photographic, time stamped evidence to really make it beyond contestation.

2. If the NCAA is ok with merchandise being signed for resale while attracting traffic and customers to the commercial establishment and the same establishment promoting and advertising its business through various media with the assistance of the signed merchandise as well as the players signing and posing for pictures in the afore mentioned store and store front, then fine, no violation.

3. However, in reference to number two above, the NCAA has rules and by-laws which clearly state the activities noted are (a) not allowed and (B) result in a player who breaks the rules becoming ineligible.

This really is not complex. Current players on the roster are inelligible as of right now and previous players who were involved were ineligible at the time of their involvement and afterwards as bama did not declare them as ineligible and ask for reinstatement. Therefore, bama played ineligible players which should result in vacated wins for any games the players participated in. The current players should face suspensions until or if the NCAA declares them eligible again.

That part to me is pretty simple. There is a clear simple rule. It was violated. There is ample evidence to show it was violated. There are related penalties which the NCAA has applied on a relatively consistant basis when eligibility rules are broken.

The kicker is this is (or should be) readily apparent to the average person or fan who is somewhat familiar with the NCAA and their rules and penalties. However, the bama compliance department is paid a lot of money and is and should be held to a much higher standard. It is impossible to believe a professional in the field of NCAA compliance would look at this situation and come to a conclusion that no violation occurred and there is nothing to report. However that is exactly what the bama compliance department has done (even though they reported 44 OTHER minor insignificant violations).

I suspect they will be held accountable as well.

The kicker is this is (or should be) readily apparent to the average person or fan who is somewhat familiar with the NCAA and their rules and penalties. However, the bama compliance department is paid a lot of money and is and should be held to a much higher standard. It is impossible to believe a professional in the field of NCAA compliance would look at this situation and come to a conclusion that no violation occurred and there is nothing to report. However that is exactly what the bama compliance department has done (even though they reported 44 OTHER minor insignificant violations).

I suspect they will be held accountable as well.

I know I have said this before, but I suspect the reason for bama not reporting this is that it puts their BCS NC crystal football at risk.  Try to put yourself in bama's position <spit> for a minute with their ego, sense of entitlement, and disdain for Auburn.  Auburn just one upped them with 0-24 >> 28-27, a Heisman winner, and a BCS National Championship and that was so distasteful for you that you launched a campaign of misinformation and lies to try and make it not have happened.  It looks like the campaign is for naught except it resulted in the discovery of the T-Town Menswear situation which might cause you, remember you are a bammer <spit>, to lose your crystal football and that is just unacceptable.

They are so shady. The only thing that could have been better would be if they had to vacate 09, give back the Heisman, and we also pick up the 04 trophy in the same year.  That sounds about right

I don't think it would happen in a million years, but if the saban statue had to come down man would that be good entertainment.

I don't think it would happen in a million years, but if the saban statue had to come down man would that be good entertainment.

I can picture it - the Saban statue is toppled over in front of a wailing mob as little children beat the statue with the bottoms of their tiny shoes.

Archived