Channing Ward

PA Tiger

:laugh: man some people need to chill.....if a recruit REALLY wants to go to AU don't you think they would wait to see what we do? I mean NSD is only I dunno a month away.... :rolleyes: 

:we:

That's the problem. The big fish usually don't wait on one program when they are sitting on dozens of offers.

True. My point is guys that love AUBURN would not be so quick to write us off and the way people flip-flop at the end every year means that with the right fit for OC/DC we will get our

fair share. Its a combination of things...

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Auburn I am just dissapointed in Chizik's prolonging of the coordinator hires and the recruiting. It seems like it is all going downhill.

We've lost 1 (one) commit since losing both coordinators and he was probably was going to flip due to his friends anyway. As far as the hires, it is WAY better that CGC take the needed time to make the BEST hire than to just make a reflex hire to fit some arbitrary timetable. We have a month to signing day and if the hires are good enough, it could sway some big dogs to flip to us.

Careful Gman, your post is logical and makes sense.

True we have only lost one commit, albeit our most highly touted one, but to me the more glaring issue is that, outside of leff, we haven't had anyone commit to us in months. And this while many of the top players in the country have been making their decisions, including at least 15-20 more this week (only 1 of which will be picking from hats that include AU).

I love Auburn I am just dissapointed in Chizik's prolonging of the coordinator hires and the recruiting. It seems like it is all going downhill.

We've lost 1 (one) commit since losing both coordinators and he was probably was going to flip due to his friends anyway. As far as the hires, it is WAY better that CGC take the needed time to make the BEST hire than to just make a reflex hire to fit some arbitrary timetable. We have a month to signing day and if the hires are good enough, it could sway some big dogs to flip to us.

Careful Gman, your post is logical and makes sense.

True we have only lost one commit, albeit our most highly touted one, but to me the more glaring issue is that, outside of leff, we haven't had anyone commit to us in months. And this while many of the top players in the country have been making their decisions, including at least 15-20 more this week (only 1 of which will be picking from hats that include AU).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the lack of OC hire had nothing to do with Yeldon turning Updyke on us. 

Last year at this time (all star games) I was excited to see who would commit to us.  Right now it just seems that we are not in the running for the highly rated recruits.  Thats why Im hoping for a highly thought of coordinator to be hired that can bring some recruits with them.

Chizik knows what he's doing and we will have another great signing class.

all is i can say is i hope he knows what he is doing because i damn sure don't....i don't have the same level of confidence in him like some of you do and that is not a knock at chizik either....he might have this all wrapped up in pretty paper for all i know,but i am very concerned at how this is playing out

Chizik knows what he's doing and we will have another great signing class.

all is i can say is i hope he knows what he is doing because i damn sure don't....i don't have the same level of confidence in him like some of you do and that is not a knock at chizik either....he might have this all wrapped up in pretty paper for all i know,but i am very concerned at how this is playing out

We could have hired Chavis and it would not have got us Ward. His mom and his brother getting a scholarship would have been too much to beat either way.

This commitment makes me question a lot of people who claim to have sources, especially ones I used to trust.

:dunno:  Everyone has been saying Ole Miss for weeks.

This commitment makes me question a lot of people who claim to have sources, especially ones I used to trust.

you and me both....i think they just put stuff out that we want to hear $$$$$$$$$$$$$$....i am not concerned as much about the recruiting as i am about not having coordinators at this late stage....chizik had better get this one right

Contrary to popular belief Auburn was in it up until the end.  In the end, having a brother at Ole Miss and a mother pressuring him more than you will ever know to go to Ole Miss was what made his decision.  It has been widely known for a couple of weeks that he would probably end up at Ole Miss.  Wish the young man the best and move on.  

Contrary to popular belief Auburn was in it up until the end.  In the end, having a brother at Ole Miss and a mother pressuring him more than you will ever know to go to Ole Miss was what made his decision.  It has been widely known for a couple of weeks that he would probably end up at Ole Miss.  Wish the young man the best and move on.  

he is a good one,thats for sure and will be a mortal terror when he learns to play every play at full speed.....would loved to have  got him

Best looking player in this game

He was a man among boys at the Al-Ms All-Star Game as well.

i think jenkins is better,but i'd be happy with either  one of those gentlemen

Archived