Channing Ward

PA Tiger

Saw on rivals he's planning a visit that's all I was able to read, does anyone know where he's at on our priority list? Looks like a great prospect

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He uses his hands to get off blocks really well for a highschool player. He plays as a DE in the 3-4 in High School.  I wonder if he could put on a few pounds and play DT for us, or if we would keep him at DE.  

Scout has him with "Low Intrest" for us, but if he is taking an official to the Plains he has to have some intrest.

This article says LSU is reqruiting him to play TE.  He will need to learn how to carry the ball if he wants to do that at the next level.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1011271.html

Video at the bottom of the article.

I noticed that article was from October 2010, and a lot has changed since then. His growing interest in Auburn has come as of late. Rivals has his interest in Auburn as "medium interest". I tend to agree more with Rivals rather Scout since he chose Auburn as one of his 5 officials.

#1...he is taking an official to AU.

#2...LB7 said that we've had the lead for him since early June and still have it!! That's insanely good news, if true, b/c I thought we'd be trailing the in-state guys, but LB7 knows his stuff.

#2...LB7 said that we've had the lead for him since early June and still have it!! That's insanely good news, if true, b/c I thought we'd be trailing the in-state guys, but LB7 knows his stuff.

Who is LB7?

Who is LB7?

I believe he's a "insider" who post on the Bunker...........He was always good for info when I was a member. They've got about five guys you can count on there.

Whoa Nelly!  I hope that's true.  I would be  :bananadance: and :yay:.  WDE! 

LB7 is a good friend of mine and very much knows his stuff. Very reliable. Has as close of a connection as you could possibly have.

I've been wondering about Ward for a while now. I'm glad to hear we lead!   :wareagle:

Is he projected as a DT or DE for us?

DT most likely.

IMO he's a DE all the way....he's a speed rush DE, 6'3, 240.

I've been wondering about Ward for a while now. I'm glad to hear we lead!   :wareagle:

DT most likely.

He's well over 250 lbs now.

DT most likely.

Scout has him at 255 right now.

DT most likely.

even so, he's a rush end all the way IMO. Way too much speed on this guy, at 255 now, to put him anywhere other than DE.

Besides, if he's not a DE, who in the world are we recruiting at DE this year? Leonard Williams is sure as heck not a DE on the next level, he's a DT. Gimel President is a future DT. Nero is a DT.

DT most likely.

I 100% agree KK. President is flying under the radar by the recruiting services but not by the heavy hitters that's recruiting him. The same can be said of Nero who will be an outstanding DT also. Leonard Williams will be a stud DT, and Ward is the elite DE we need in this class.

even so, he's a rush end all the way IMO. Way too much speed on this guy, at 255 now, to put him anywhere other than DE.

Besides, if he's not a DE, who in the world are we recruiting at DE this year? Leonard Williams is sure as heck not a DE on the next level, he's a DT. Gimel President is a future DT. Nero is a DT.

Read somewhere that he and Quay Evans would like to play together. Also, saw where Evans was Miss State lean but that was a while back. I like both, but think Jenkins and Goldman are higher on the board at this time. Not to say we shouldn't take a commit from either one.

we would take channing ward and quay evans I am sure,they are high on the board and jenkins and goldman are longshots at the moment. neither Jenkins or Goldman have us as there leader. We will take probably anyone near the top of our board unless we are pretty sure about a top tier recruit.

True dat, Scout. Just don't know how far up the list either is. However, both are #1 and #2 in Mississippi. Evans hasn't been mentioned much on here or I haven't seen it. Maybe I'll learn to use that box in right hand corner more. what's it called. May have search for the name of that box.

Archived