Channing Ward

PA Tiger

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

RT @willijr20: Any idea why Channing Ward eliminated #Auburn? //// He thinks he can play earlier at other schools, is what he said

seriously? Did he even watch a game? He would be starting as a freshman if he came here.

LOL at DE? No. He might get some pt though. If it's immediate playing time he wants, then Ole sis is probably the spot for him. If he wants to win championships, then he should know he'll have to wait his turn.

To be honest though, I don't really understand the obsession with playing early... at least when it comes in the way of winning. You're not going pro until after your junior year, so I don't see the rush to be a starter. I guess there is something to be said for the experience that you gain by getting the crap beaten out of you as a freshman...

Very, very, very good post ... I understand this thought when comparing the big 6 in the sec, but ole miss?  He will be a great player that no one will know of until he gets drafted.  When you add in the deal with his brother then good for both of them, but I have never understood the parents desire to keep a kid near home for the parents sake.

If you were a top recruit you do not want to redshirt or sit on the bench every game. You get bored, you wanna be out there so bad At Ole Piss he can.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There whole LB would start next year over everyone but Frost for us. They have better corners, better safeties, still in it for Winston, they took our 5 star RB. Getting a 5 WR Cyrus Jones  :devil:

Your so right!  All Hail the bama nation and get in line for that golden crimson teat.

Who give a rat's butt about bama.  Its been shown, repeatedly that there is little to no difference between the #1 class and the #5 class.  All that matters are are you filling your positions of need with high quality recruits.  Are we? I'll answer with an emphatic HELL YEAH!  Get over your little sister complex and stop worrying what others have and get behind and support what we have.  Most of the post lately on recruiting and coordinators have been beyond pathetic.  We are Auburn and we are Great!

The problem is....

neither of us have OC's. Alabama stole Yeldon from us and are getting a 5 star WR soon Cyrus Jones. We are hearing no good news about recruiting

Our class is getting worse it was top 7 now it is 12.

Alabamas is getting better they are 2. (Rivals)

Alabama curbed stomped us at home this season. They had us blown out last season until they fell apart.

I love Auburn a ton , but even the biggest sunshine pumper can see things are going amazing for Alabama right now and not for Auburn. Their defense gives up less than 10 points a game our gives up around 30. Heck their offense is light years ahead of ours.

I have trust in Chizik to get us on the right track and know it will happen. It just isnt looking bright right now. We havent heard any news on coordinators in weeks, recruits are taking our name off the list, we are taking commits from USM, Alabama is rolling in the 5 stars. We need to pull it together and get some depth.

Let's stop talking about uat altogether. It's starting to irritate a lot of posters. And for the most part the 2 teams are only recruiting 1 more same player in this class anyway so what they do is irrelevent.

There whole LB would start next year over everyone but Frost for us. They have better corners, better safeties, still in it for Winston, they took our 5 star RB. Getting a 5 WR Cyrus Jones  :devil:

Your so right!  All Hail the bama nation and get in line for that golden crimson teat.

Who give a rat's butt about bama.  Its been shown, repeatedly that there is little to no difference between the #1 class and the #5 class.  All that matters are are you filling your positions of need with high quality recruits.  Are we? I'll answer with an emphatic HELL YEAH!  Get over your little sister complex and stop worrying what others have and get behind and support what we have.  Most of the post lately on recruiting and coordinators have been beyond pathetic.  We are Auburn and we are Great!

The problem is....

neither of us have OC's. Alabama stole Yeldon from us and are getting a 5 star WR soon Cyrus Jones. We are hearing no good news about recruiting

Alabama curbed stomped us at home this season. They had us blown out last season until they fell apart.

I love Auburn a ton , but even the biggest sunshine pumper can see things are going amazing for Alabama right now and not for Auburn. Their defense gives up less than 10 points a game our gives up around 30. Heck their offense is light years ahead of ours.

I have trust in Chizik to get us on the right track and know it will happen. It just isnt looking bright right now. We havent heard any news on coordinators in weeks, recruits are taking our name off the list, we are taking commits from USM, Alabama is rolling in the 5 stars. We need to pull it together and get some depth.

Let's stop talking about uat altogether. It's starting to irritate a lot of posters. And for the most part the 2 teams are only recruiting 1 more same player in this class anyway so what they do is irrelevent.

Goldman and Winston both 5 star top prospects

The problem is....

Goldman and Winston both 5 star top prospects

Goldman was who I was referring to. Not counting Winston unless we get him to visit.

The problem is....

Sorry, but I don't see any reason to compare what is happening @ AU to what weeman is doing right now...

AU will get our top tier players to meet our needs... what everyone else gets is fluff ( many of those recruits people fret over never pan out any way )...

And by the way... they didn't "take" our 5-star... we never had him or any recruit, until NSD...

The problem is....

There are 3 teams above us that have a higher star ranking than us.

Texas 25 @ 3.64

Florida 18 @ 3.72

Florida St 15 @ 3.80

Auburn 16 @ 3.63

They have won 3 of the last 10 iron bowls.

You're right, they didn't win their division or conference, they don't have an OC, and they are about to lose the majority of their team(just like we did last year).  Sounds pretty amazing.

That's just stupid

Obviously, you don't

May I suggest removing your head from your...nevermind

Excellent reply, Bird!

One really big misconception is that our recruiting is getting worse because we are falling in the rankings.  Other than the Yeldon de-commit, we have not stepped backward.  Other teams are getting new commitments (or they are getting silent commitments to go public) and they are advancing in the rankings.  We have 16 commitments, and I think we will end up with 24-25.  Even if we add 8-9 three-star players, we will probably finish in the top 10 in recruiting.  And for the record, I believe at least half if not more of our remaining commitments will be four-star players or better.

Excellent reply, Bird!

One really big misconception is that our recruiting is getting worse because we are falling in the rankings.  Other than the Yeldon de-commit, we have not stepped backward.  Other teams are getting new commitments (or they are getting silent commitments to go public) and they are advancing in the rankings.  We have 16 commitments, and I think we will end up with 24-25.  Even if we add 8-9 three-star players, we will probably finish in the top 10 in recruiting.  And for the record, I believe at least half if not more of our remaining commitments will be four-star players or better.

I think a lot of it depends on who we close with... star/rankings don't mean much.  I doubt our coaches use Rivals or Scout to evaluate players....

If we get who the coaches want... regardless of star... we are good.  We've lost a few they wanted, but that's not abnormal when you go after such highly recruited players.  This is just the normal cycle of things. 

Texas 25 @ 3.64

Florida 18 @ 3.72

Florida St 15 @ 3.80

Auburn 16 @ 3.63

You're right, they didn't win their division or conference, they don't have an OC, and they are about to lose the majority of their team(just like we did last year).  Sounds pretty amazing.

That's just stupid

Obviously, you don't

You left out Saban obsessing about LBs and DBs in his classes. Bama is ranked high because saban just goes for all 4 and 5 stars players no matter what their needs are. You can sign the top 25 DBs every year and have the number 1 rank but that doesn't mean you did the best job with your recruiting class. Bama is one or two hurt players away from being screwed at every position on offense and the D-Line. We have talent balanced out at everywhere.

Seems similar to Ray Drew last year. Coaches felt good about him then stuff changed and AU wanted out of the situation.

What situation?

Nothing negative. But if I remember right RD dropped AU right before he announced after a heated recruiting battle with UGA. Apparently AU withdrew their name from contention. Thought maybe this was a similar situation.

Of course I could be remembering the RD thing wrong too..

Excellent reply, Bird!

I think a lot of it depends on who we close with... star/rankings don't mean much.  I doubt our coaches use Rivals or Scout to evaluate players....

If we get who the coaches want... regardless of star... we are good.  We've lost a few they wanted, but that's not abnormal when you go after such highly recruited players.  This is just the normal cycle of things. 

exactly, just like our acceptence of Leff's commitment

No matter where we end up, it will be head and shoulders above where we were the last two years of Tubs regime!

No matter where we end up, it will be head and shoulders above where we were the last two years of Tubs regime!

True, but with Tubs he made 2 star players look like 5 star players and make the NFL.

I said his last two recruiting years. Practically nothing there.

Texas 25 @ 3.64

Florida 18 @ 3.72

Florida St 15 @ 3.80

Auburn 16 @ 3.63

That's just stupid

Obviously, you don't

You left out Saban obsessing about LBs and DBs in his classes. Bama is ranked high because saban just goes for all 4 and 5 stars players no matter what their needs are. You can sign the top 25 DBs every year and have the number 1 rank but that doesn't mean you did the best job with your recruiting class. Bama is one or two hurt players away from being screwed at every position on offense and the D-Line. We have talent balanced out at everywhere.

Maybe we should "obsess" over CB and LB more as Saban has gone to 2 BCS NC in 4 years at Bama and our LB's and CB's are 2 of the 3 weakest positions on our team other than OL.

The problem is....

Texas 25 @ 3.64

Florida 18 @ 3.72

Florida St 15 @ 3.80

Auburn 16 @ 3.63

That's just stupid

Obviously, you don't

AND, on NSD, the star ranking of our recruits will probably remain in the top 5 if not the top 3.

WDE !!!

Maybe we should "obsess" over CB and LB more as Saban has gone to 2 BCS NC in 4 years at Bama and our LB's and CB's are 2 of the 3 weakest positions on our team other than OL.

The other positions are just now really thinning out, talent wise, at Bama. They have still had players from before saban started recruiting there.

Why are you so obsessed with what bama does?  As far as the MNC goes, you're right, but who's to say we won't do it either?  bama has a good team, but so do we. If your an Auburn fan act like it.

I love Auburn I am just dissapointed in Chizik's prolonging of the coordinator hires and the recruiting. It seems like it is all going downhill.

With all due respect negative thoughts like that on a public board open for any recruit to see does not help Auburn at all. Put the well being of the school before any fears or frustrations.

I love Auburn I am just dissapointed in Chizik's prolonging of the coordinator hires and the recruiting. It seems like it is all going downhill.

If you truly are an Auburn fan, step away from the computer, especially message boards.  Go for a walk, take in a movie, visit with friends and family, or do something else recreational.  Your hysterics will not accelerate CGC's decision-making, and you will only make yourself more miserable.

If none of this makes sense, maybe you should trade your orange & blue jersey for a crimson and white jersey with Saban's name on the back.

:)

Perception and reality are sometimes miles apart.  Auburn will be okay.   :we:

We've lost 1 (one) commit since losing both coordinators and he was probably was going to flip due to his friends anyway. As far as the hires, it is WAY better that CGC take the needed time to make the BEST hire than to just make a reflex hire to fit some arbitrary timetable. We have a month to signing day and if the hires are good enough, it could sway some big dogs to flip to us.

Archived