Channing Ward

PA Tiger

yeah hes going to bama. Surprised they havent reached their salary cap yet.

Man, im getting sick of losing out on all of these big recruits..

We recruited so great the last 2 years..what happened?

Well, our class isn't going to be as good as the last few, but it's still dang good.

I think the fact we've been hearing "You always see the big recruiting classess the year after the national championship" has us puzzled since bama is killing it. Also, we started off so strong and the late misses are tough to swallow.

Yeah..the recruits we have already are great (if we can hold onto them), and im happy to have them, but we're nowhere near recruiting on bama's level like we did last year. We seem to be in just about every big dog's Top 5, but we can't get any of them to pull the trigger for us.

I totally understand some guys not pulling the trigger on AU right now.  If you were a parent of a kid that AU was recruiting, wouldn't you want to know who your son's offensive/defensive coach will be?  What type of offense or defense we will be running, and if there will be any further coaching changes once the coord's are hired?  Are the position coaches going to stay the same even with new coord's?  A lot of uncertainty right now for a parent and a recruit.  It will all work itself out and AU will be fine.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it's a huge loss, but we're not getting Liggins. Ole Miss mod on Rivals said unless  something drastic happens, Liggins wil announce for Ole Miss. He's making his announcement in the middle of downtown Oxford on a radio show in the Square. I hope for his sake he picks Ole Miss.  :laugh:

I dont think it's a huge loss, but we're not getting Liggins. Ole Miss mod on Rivals said unless  something drastic happens, Liggins wil announce for Ole Miss. He's making his announcement in the middle of downtown Oxford on a radio show in the Square. I hope for his sake he picks Ole Miss.  :laugh:

Unless he wants to pull a Spencer Region

I'd take our class over Alabama's class as it is today, especially when it comes to needs addressed (and even more so with Liggins, Gurley, and the expectation of Alexander's commitment).

Would be hard for me to pass up the #1/#2 class for '12, but I suppose we have no other choice do we?

There must be a dozen major schools without OCs and DCs and have they stopped recruiting?   I just don't buy the angst over those vacancies.    

As for Bama...they will keep recruiting as long as kids will say "yes" and on LOI day a  bunch of the 3* guys will be offered gray shirt status or told that their slot no longer exists because of unexpected commitments.   In fact I would not be surprised if some of those 3*s haven't already been "de-committed" and just don't know it.    

Meanwhile, If Ward does not go to Ole Miss I will be amazed...a brother there who needs a scholly, the state school in the state where he grew up, close to home and a chance to play immediately.   Sounds pretty simple to me.    :dunno:

There must be a dozen major schools without OCs and DCs and have they stopped recruiting?   I just don't buy the angst over those vacancies.    

As for Bama...they will keep recruiting as long as kids will say "yes" and on LOI day a  bunch of the 3* guys will be offered gray shirt status or told that their slot no longer exists because of unexpected commitments.   In fact I would not be surprised if some of those 3*s haven't already been "de-committed" and just don't know it.    

Meanwhile, If Ward does not go to Ole Miss I will be amazed...a brother there who needs a scholly, the state school in the state where he grew up, close to home and a chance to play immediately.   Sounds pretty simple to me.    :dunno:

Good point, and here's a scenario: The new coordinators come in and finish strong....conceding recruits at this point is premature, they flip-flop quite a bit as NSD nears. All that matters is signed LOI's. The coordinator search is not as big of a hit to recruiting as some would believe. Anything past next week will do damage IMO, its not NSD week yet....

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

RT @willijr20: Any idea why Channing Ward eliminated #Auburn? //// He thinks he can play earlier at other schools, is what he said

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

RT @willijr20: Any idea why Channing Ward eliminated #Auburn? //// He thinks he can play earlier at other schools, is what he said

I guess the kid didn't watch any of our games?  :rolleyes:

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

seriously? Did he even watch a game? He would be starting as a freshman if he came here.

CW is just trying to make it seem like it wasn't a done deal when he told his brother's future at OM depended on him signing there.

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

seriously? Did he even watch a game? He would be starting as a freshman if he came here.

LOL at DE? No. He might get some pt though. If it's immediate playing time he wants, then Ole sis is probably the spot for him. If he wants to win championships, then he should know he'll have to wait his turn.

To be honest though, I don't really understand the obsession with playing early... at least when it comes in the way of winning. You're not going pro until after your junior year, so I don't see the rush to be a starter. I guess there is something to be said for the experience that you gain by getting the crap beaten out of you as a freshman...

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

Ehhhh let's not go that far. He would get some good playing time but I don't see him starting.

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

Sorry but that is laughable. You think he is going to pass lemonier, eguae, sanders, Owens, ford, delaine, and sigler

in 4 weeks of fall practice?? He might've gotten into the rotation, but a redshirt would'nt of been out of the equation.

I'd take our class over Alabama's class as it is today, especially when it comes to needs addressed (and even more so with Liggins, Gurley, and the expectation of Alexander's commitment).

I wouldn't.  Their class is better.  Doesn't make you less of a fan to recognize that. 

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

absolutely!  He is hands down better than Eguae, Lemonier, Sanders, Ford, Sigler, and Owens. Without a doubt he'll start, guys he is a BEAST!

There whole LB would start next year over everyone but Frost for us. They have better corners, better safeties, still in it for Winston, they took our 5 star RB. Getting a 5 WR Cyrus Jones  :devil:

Your so right!  All Hail the bama nation and get in line for that golden crimson teat.

Who give a rat's butt about bama.  Its been shown, repeatedly that there is little to no difference between the #1 class and the #5 class.  All that matters are are you filling your positions of need with high quality recruits.  Are we? I'll answer with an emphatic HELL YEAH!  Get over your little sister complex and stop worrying what others have and get behind and support what we have.  Most of the post lately on recruiting and coordinators have been beyond pathetic.  We are Auburn and we are Great!

There whole LB would start next year over everyone but Frost for us. They have better corners, better safeties, still in it for Winston, they took our 5 star RB. Getting a 5 WR Cyrus Jones  :devil:

Your so right!  All Hail the bama nation and get in line for that golden crimson teat.

Who give a rat's butt about bama.  Its been shown, repeatedly that there is little to no difference between the #1 class and the #5 class.  All that matters are are you filling your positions of need with high quality recruits.  Are we? I'll answer with an emphatic HELL YEAH!  Get over your little sister complex and stop worrying what others have and get behind and support what we have.  Most of the post lately on recruiting and coordinators have been beyond pathetic.  We are Auburn and we are Great!

What really is annoying is that most of the recent posts on recruiting and hiring of coordinators imply that the only way to do it is the way uat does it... if uat is so great, then go cheer for uat!

AU won the BCS last year, and we did NOT do it the way uat does it - we did it with class and support for our AU family.  We did it with a lot of offense, and defense only when it was absolutely necessary to win.

The problem is....

neither of us have OC's. Alabama stole Yeldon from us and are getting a 5 star WR soon Cyrus Jones. We are hearing no good news about recruiting

Our class is getting worse it was top 7 now it is 12.

Alabamas is getting better they are 2. (Rivals)

Alabama curbed stomped us at home this season. They had us blown out last season until they fell apart.

I love Auburn a ton , but even the biggest sunshine pumper can see things are going amazing for Alabama right now and not for Auburn. Their defense gives up less than 10 points a game our gives up around 30. Heck their offense is light years ahead of ours.

I have trust in Chizik to get us on the right track and know it will happen. It just isnt looking bright right now. We havent heard any news on coordinators in weeks, recruits are taking our name off the list, we are taking commits from USM, Alabama is rolling in the 5 stars. We need to pull it together and get some depth.

This just tweeted

@KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr

LOL at DE? No. He might get some pt though. If it's immediate playing time he wants, then Ole sis is probably the spot for him. If he wants to win championships, then he should know he'll have to wait his turn.

To be honest though, I don't really understand the obsession with playing early... at least when it comes in the way of winning. You're not going pro until after your junior year, so I don't see the rush to be a starter. I guess there is something to be said for the experience that you gain by getting the crap beaten out of you as a freshman...

Very, very, very good post ... I understand this thought when comparing the big 6 in the sec, but ole miss?  He will be a great player that no one will know of until he gets drafted.  When you add in the deal with his brother then good for both of them, but I have never understood the parents desire to keep a kid near home for the parents sake.

Archived