Roster & Jersey Numbers?

avltiger

why aren't the roster and jersey numbers kept current on the official AU site?

for example, wisner was only added today.  i know because i traded emails with the Internet communications guy.

whitehead wears #32, not #3, etc.

War Eagle!

look here at the AU roster page:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/aub-m-footbl-mtt.html

it shows wisner as #82

it still shows whitehead as #3, but i have spotted him on replay as #32 and others have reported this as well.

there are other numbers that do not jive with the roster.

:we:

well, wisner had on #82 last saturday, and the Internet commo guy first posted it today as #82.

now, i see it has been changed to #84, the same as wisner had last year or before.

now we have 2 players with #84.

don't be surprised if he wears #82 this week at Clemson.

wde

this confusion about players and their jersey numbers just detracts from my enjoyment of the games, especially on tv.

why can't this be settled and cleared up, or is there another way that i don't know about?

:wareagle:

the participation report has been cleaned up some:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2011-2012/indgbg.html#IGBG.PLY

but, that is part of my confusion as well.  also, the depth chart is way off from what has happened so far.

today in my exchanges with the Internet commo guy, i was told that that is the way the coach wants it, and he can only do as the coach says.

keeps me from enjoying the game more as i scurry around trying to keep up with who is wearing what number, etc.

:wedance:

Last week Whitehead was #3 and when he and Benton, also #3, were on Punt Team together he put on the #32 jersey.  This week he switched to #32 for the entire game.  I expect this to be a permanent change.  The AU site guys will get it right.  It's not that big of a deal to me.  Now, there is no excuse for the Participation Report to be wrong.  That could affect a redshirt or possible medical redshirt if reported incorrectly.  

a4e, you are way more knowledgeable than i in these matters, but based on my exchanges with the Internet commo guy today, i'm not optimistic about clearing up all the discrepancies.

i'm ok, just would like to be a little better.  this is still way better than the team being pushed around by all the other SEC teams.

:we:

well, wisner had on #82 last saturday, and the Internet commo guy first posted it today as #82.

now, i see it has been changed to #84, the same as wisner had last year or before.

now we have 2 players with #84.

don't be surprised if he wears #82 this week at Clemson.

wde

wisner wore 82 last year, but was 84 against Moo State.

there you go!  my oldtimers is acting up again!  so it was #84?

i would be better if the info on the AU website was clear and correct!

thanks for helping me along!

:wedance:

Archived