2007 comes to mind...

TigerTaz

We came off two horrible losses at home to USF and MSU back-to-back. People were going off the deep end calling for a 4-8 or 5-7 season. Our offense looked terrible and we kept turning the ball over. The players turned it around and upset top 5 Florida on the road and we end up finishing 9-4 with a Chick-fil-A Bowl win which was respectable and quite a turnaround. This year it's the defense that is really struggling and there really is no shame in losing @ Clemson.

This defense won't become a great defense this year but it could become average which would be just enough for our offense to win some games and maybe we can get to that 9-4 mark.  I think we can and will.

i was thinking the same thing as well.  It's only one game and a lot of lessons to be learned for a young Defense.  We know the offense can score points, we just need to be more consistent and stick with what is working *coughdyercough* and not being so "cute" in the play calling when we don't need to.  On defense i feel the aggression is somewhat there they just need to maintain their assignment and working on the fundamentals of tackling.  I think the guys will bounce back from this, learn from it and end the season strong.  They hate losing worse than we do.  Stand behind them and come out and support them.  I know if I didn't live in freaking Lexington, KY i would be at every game!  War Eagle!   

We came off two horrible losses at home to USF and MSU back-to-back. People were going off the deep end calling for a 4-8 or 5-7 season. Our offense looked terrible and we kept turning the ball over. The players turned it around and upset top 5 Florida on the road and we end up finishing 9-4 with a Chick-fil-A Bowl win which was respectable and quite a turnaround. This year it's the defense that is really struggling and there really is no shame in losing @ Clemson.

This defense won't become a great defense this year but it could become average which would be just enough for our offense to win some games and maybe we can get to that 9-4 mark.  I think we can and will.

Hey, I'm rooting for it with you, but it would take a minor miracle for this team to get to 9-4. We have two sure losses in LSU and Arkansas (that game is going to get ugly in a hurry), and while you don't ever know in the Iron Bowl, I think Bama is close to a sure loss, too. Just being realistic.

But I'll be there to root them on!  :wedance:

Well if we only lose the 3 you mentioned 9-4 is attainable. I have to agree though... @LSU and @ARK are likely losses (although nothing is sure in sports). I think we've got a shot in the IB cause it's at AU and.. It's the iron bowl.

2007 comes to mind??  Uh, no.  The 2007 defense was ranked like 8th in the nation or something close to that.  That kind of defense will keep you in every game.  Thar kind of defense wins national championships when combined with an offense like auburn has right now. The 2007 team was 9-4.  Playing defense like AU is playing right now, we finish 6-6 and that is a best case scenario.  I don't think that will happen because I think we will turn it around and win a couple we aren't supposed to.  But a nonexistent defense is a lot harder to overcome than a struggling offense

Archived