Dyer

AuburnKev

Everyone keeps wondering why Dyer isn't getting more carries. I'm wondering if it is the injury he had in fall practice still lingering. I thought I heard he pulled a hamstring, and despite his saying he is fine, I'm betting he has to keep it stretched out.

Or maybe it's that Malzahn likes to spread the ball around? He's averaged 16 carries a game, and for the past two he's run for 150, so it's not like he isn't getting touches...

He's doing great, but when he is the most productive back and we keep pulling him at critical times in the game, I'm wondering if they are trying to keep him loose because of the injury, by limiting his carries a little.

He's doing great, but when he is the most productive back and we keep pulling him at critical times in the game, I'm wondering if they are trying to keep him loose because of the injury, by limiting his carries a little.

It's possible, but I don't know that we'll ever know for sure. This staff is notoriously mum about such things.

I think we need to utilize him more.  Stop with the -8yd reverses in the hope that one in 5 works.  We need to look to USCe and Lattimore on how to focus our offense on Dyer.  If he had 30 carries yesterday instead of 16 then we would have been in a better spot both offensively and defensively.  I think it's obvious that he should be the center of our offense, that we need to make our money on running between the tackles, and then we can use our skill guys on the perimeter 16 times a game (out of our pathetic 50-60 plays).

Archived