SportsCall

auburn4ever

I like the show, but I hate listening to it.  They've got to have the lowest budget in history of radio or they've stolen a monkey out of the Montgomery Zoo to be their engineer.  They're mics don't work right half the time.  The callers come in loud and clear,  but the hosts are barely audible. 

I like the show, but I hate listening to it.  They've got to have the lowest budget in history of radio or they've stolen a monkey out of the Montgomery Zoo to be their engineer.  They're mics don't work right half the time.  The callers come in loud and clear,  but the hosts are barely audible. 

I agree! I enjoy listening on the way home from work but they sound like they're on a cell phone half the time. When they do have their mics going they cut out and all you can hear is the caller saying, "hello, hello, you still there?" It gets comical at times.

The repeat callers (shadow, bill, ed, etc.) are hilarious to listen to though.

I like the show.  Ol' Shadow gets under Bill's skin from time to time and they both start bickering back and forth.  I think Shadow just likes to hear his own voice and complain...this provides the perfect format for both.  A few weeks ago, the devil got in my radio and put it on (a different style sports radio show that is popular among Updykes)...after 30 seconds, I found the soothing tones of Bill on 93.9 and all was good. 

The terrible production quality gives the show a personality in my opinion.

me too!  I heard Shadow (I think) rambling on about something the other day...he asked Bill a question...dead air...then Shadow is saying "hello?...."  Ah, fun times.  Cut to music.

I don't know if it is their engineer.  My guess is they are using vintage 70s equipment held together by duct tape and chewing gum.

me too!  I heard Shadow (I think) rambling on about something the other day...he asked Bill a question...dead air...then Shadow is saying "hello?...."  Ah, fun times.  Cut to music.

I don't know if it is their engineer.  My guess is they are using vintage 70s equipment held together by duct tape and chewing gum.

Don't forget the rust and baling wire.

Best caller on the show is Slack.  Concise, insightful, and to the point.  May not agree with everything he says but I truly  enjoy his takes on the AU program.  Worst caller is Shadow and its not even close.  Its not just that he is  annoying in as much he is irrelevent!  He has been on the same "I hate Ted Roof" kick for three years and he calls  day after day with the same drivel.  He brings absolutely nothinng to the program.  Last year he was just miserable.  Complaining  daily  while Auburn won game after game.  The moment he comes on the program I reach for the dial at the expense of advertisers of Sportscalll who are aired within 15 minutes of Shadow's pathetic diatribe. 

Best caller on the show is Slack.  Concise, insightful, and to the point.  May not agree with everything he says but I truly  enjoy his takes on the AU program.  Worst caller is Shadow and its not even close.  Its not just that he is  annoying in as much he is irrelevent!  He has been on the same "I hate Ted Roof" kick for three years and he calls  day after day with the same drivel.  He brings absolutely nothinng to the program.  Last year he was just miserable.  Complaining  daily  while Auburn won game after game.  The moment he comes on the program I reach for the dial at the expense of advertisers of Sportscalll who are aired within 15 minutes of Shadow's pathetic diatribe. 

A few weeks ago when we were 2-0 and had the longest winning streak in the nation, Shadow called in and was ranting about how Ted Roof caused 9-11 or whatever.  He said something along the lines of..."a vast majority of Auburn fans are so naive that they are okay with just winning every game and not seeing what's wrong with the defense, we all need to WAKE UP!"  For the record, count me in the naive bunch that is okay with just winning every game. 

A few weeks ago when we were 2-0 and had the longest winning streak in the nation, Shadow called in and was ranting about how Ted Roof caused 9-11 or whatever.  He said something along the lines of..."a vast majority of Auburn fans are so naive that they are okay with just winning every game and not seeing what's wrong with the defense, we all need to WAKE UP!"  For the record, count me in the naive bunch that is okay with just winning every game. 

Yeah, what a prophet. (What's the sarcasm font?) 

I recall many Auburn folks concerned about the defense last year and also after the near disaster in the 1st game and also against Miss. State.  I don't believe anybody around here was caught off guard by the Clemson defeat. 

BTW, I'm with you -- I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. 

Oh, and it might make me a communist, but I absolutely can't stand when they start talking about baseball....gotta turn it. 

Speaking of baseball, anyone know how the Expos are doing this year?

Oh, and it might make me a communist, but I absolutely can't stand when they start talking about baseball....gotta turn it. 

Speaking of baseball, anyone know how the Expos are doing this year?

After the Braves meltdown, I don't want to speak MLB for a long time.  Ugh...  I'm boycotting the postseason. 

Well it appears that somebody from the show read this thread and then went and found the mic volume knob, because yesterdays show was much easier to listen to.  :party:

Now Bill just needs to work on getting the  BORING callers off the phone a LOT quicker and SEVERELY limit the non-football talk.  This show has a ton of potential, just needs some direction and polish.

Well it appears that somebody from the show read this thread and then went and found the mic volume knob, because yesterdays show was much easier to listen to.   :party:

Now Bill just needs to work on getting the  BORING callers off the phone a LOT quicker and SEVERELY limit the non-football talk.  This show has a ton of potential, just needs some direction and polish.

You certainly have that right! Bill let's them drone on for waaaay too long.

I think Bill should set up Sportscall in Shadow's front yard and broadcast from there today! He should make Shadow eat some crow after this weekend's game!

:we:

Don't you worry, Shadow will find some flaw in AU's win this weeknd.  He'll say AU gets no credit b/c Garcia played like he was drunk.

Archived