T Bell and the Secondary

auguy85

We faced a hot QB last night in Tyler Wilson, but how much of that was our secondary blowing coverage. Our strength seems to be our younger players. T Bell plays a lot from behind a receiver and get burned more than anyone. One poster noticed his trash talk. I agree that he should shut up. He will be out of position to make a play and the QB misses an open receiver, and there he is arriving after the ball is of bounds, jawing at the receiver. My advice would be shut up and play better. Everyone seems to be making progress.

We faced a hot QB last night in Tyler Wilson, but how much of that was our secondary blowing coverage. Our strength seems to be our younger players. T Bell plays a lot from behind a receiver and get burned more than anyone. One poster noticed his trash talk. I agree that he should shut up. He will be out of position to make a play and the QB misses an open receiver, and there he is arriving after the ball is of bounds, jawing at the receiver. My advice would be shut up and play better. Everyone seems to be making progress.

Couldn't agree morre about the trash talk.  His play this year so far has been very disappointing as I thought he might be a lock down corner.

Sorry #22.  You have no room to talk trash. You had a good hit during the IB last year, but you need to step it up THIS YEAR and break up some passes and make some picks. It looked liked Petrino knows the week spots and Wilson sure figured it out.  They isolated on you all night.  Just the facts.

Agreed, until you back up your play, keep your mouth shut!!  He should be someone that is moving towards a leadership role on a young defense....can't say anything nice....

This

I'm with all of you guys on the trash talk.  I'm shocked that CGC hasn't told him to shut his mouth yet.  He talks way too much and it drives me crazy.  I want to see a kid on the field poised when he does something good.  I am a firm believer of "act like you've been there before" and T Bell needs to turn down the trash talking and turn up his game. 

Just because you see a player talking to an opposing player, doesn't mean he is trashtalking. Just saying. Keep in mind that these guys were recruited together and camped together so they know each other well.

On a whole, T-Bell has done pretty well this year. Remember, this is basically his first season starting, so he's not gonna be lock-down right now. As for the jawing, yeah he might do it a little much, but it's football. And what weegs said is true too, it's not always jawing

It is pretty widely known that he is one of the biggest trash talkers on the team. Multiple AU players have commented on that and it is not really a question. Now, does he talk trash everytime we see him speaking to an opponent? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he talks mess a lot.

Bell always has the big play happen to him. I say put Mincy, Whitehead, and Therezie in. Davis didn't do much last night either. But our D held in the 4th last night but our offense is one of the worst I have seen.

Y'all sure have a short memory about T-Bell.....

Last week he got an interception. He also defended Jeffrey pretty well, considering he gave up about 4 inches and 50 lbs. That's the case in most of the receivers he faces anyway.

He broke up a few passes yesterday, but Arky has a great passing game and our offense couldn't do anything to help our defense out. When you give a QB like Tyler Wilson a lot of time, and your offense gives him a few interceptions to work with no defense can hold them for long.

Yesterday the offense did not perform well, and that was the problem. It was not T-Bell and the defense. They did all they could do.

Y'all sure have a short memory about T-Bell.....

Last week he got an interception. He also defended Jeffrey pretty well, considering he gave up about 4 inches and 50 lbs. That's the case in most of the receivers he faces anyway.

He broke up a few passes yesterday, but Arky has a great passing game and our offense couldn't do anything to help our defense out. When you give a QB like Tyler Wilson a lot of time, and your offense gives him a few interceptions to work with no defense can hold them for long.

Yesterday the offense did not perform well, and that was the problem. It was not T-Bell and the defense. They did all they could do.

He does not have a interception this season.

But you're right, I don't blame the defense one bit for this one....

I can't comment either way about trashtalking... but my favorite T-Bell moment was down 10 in the 4th to Utah State, when he made a tackle and got up and celebrated. Thats the kind of attitude this guy has. I don't really mind that if he'll step up and play but that's the kind of thing that says "i'm all about me."

bell has broken up some nice passes this year. He typically is up against another teams top receiver which may make it seem like he cant keep up but he isnt bad. I think our d played pretty well to be up against such a powerful offense. We are improving on defense and t.bell has stopped some big plays.

Mincy > Every corner on the roster.

He's the real deal. You'll see him on Sundays. Mark my words.

That's why he doesn't start, because he is the best.  :rolleyes:

Maybe it always seems like T-Bell gets burned because he is normally on the #1 receiver. You will jump down his throat for getting burned, but what about last week? He broke up a deep ball to Alshon and was in position to do the same on the long touchdown until Alshon pushed off. T-Bell is our best cover corner, Mincy might be the only one with better closing speed. And as for the "trash talking," the fact that everyone is making a big deal out of it just proves to me that you haven't played the position or the game. No positions have more trash talking than WR and DB, and it's not always the DB that starts it. I like that he's firing back, shows some fight.

bell has broken up some nice passes this year. He typically is up against another teams top receiver which may make it seem like he cant keep up but he isnt bad. I think our d played pretty well to be up against such a powerful offense. We are improving on defense and t.bell has stopped some big plays.

If you have watched any AUBURN football you would be well aware that we do not roll coverage to a top receiver and that we play Chizick's Tampa Two.  Seriously..

When did he trash talk?  I saw him jawing with a ark receiver but it looked in fun. I must have missed something here.

That's what I saw. Seems like anytime somebody sees a player talking to another player it's trashtalking.

Archived