Saban forgets about Auburn

AUbritt

During the UGa - FLA game, CBS had interviews with Saban and Les Miles to preview next week's game.

Saban said the game was important, and that for the last 4 years, everything came down to that game.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Perhaps we can give him a reminder that we exist this year.

:zapbama:

Not sure if serious

I am serious that Saban said that the winner of the LSU - Bama game had won it all over the past 4 years.

I am also serious that we should remind him not just that we won against both of those teams last year on the way to the National Championship (he seems to have forgotten), but also that we should give 'em hell and beat Bama this year, just for kicks.

No one will think we can win that game, regardless of what Bama does against LSU. But I hope we don't ever think we can't beat them.

:we:

No, he meant that this game (2011 Alabama-LSU) is the most important of his 4 years of his program in terms of legacy moving forward.  He didn't mean every LSU-Alabama game. 

Though, last week Saban said the Tennessee game is Alabama's biggest game of the year.    :dunno:

Every Turd game is the biggest game of the year for the midget, and while that is arrogant, it is the right mentality for the coach to take.  Either way, if we can fire on all cylinders, the beat down in Jordan Hare after T'giving will make up for the late loss in 09.  WDE! 

Here is what he said in his press conference on Monday:

"This game, for the last four years, has had significance in our division, our conference and, in some cases, on a national level."

What I heard him say during the UGA-FLA game the previous Saturday -- or at least what I thought I heard him say -- wasn't so careful. It was something more like: This game, for the last four years, has determined everything in our division, blah blah blah.

I haven't been able to find a clip of the interview, and I certainly didn't tape the UGA-FLA game, so I don't have any proof. I just heard it one time and I was shocked.

In any case, I can't decide whether I'd prefer LSU to whoop Bama this weekend so he can still be reeling when we play Bama, or whether I'd like him to think they've cleared their major hurdle this weekend and won't have to worry about Auburn.

OK, I'll go with the former.

:zapbama:

Archived