AU vs. USF

AuburnBasketball

I thought the guys played much better the second half. That was a good win. How about that free throw shooting huh? I saw a team that played like a team tonight. Nothing against Lebo, I wish him the very best of everything, but watching his style of play was something I did not enjoy. I don't see us going dancing this year, but the NIT is something to shoot for. Help is on the way and things are looking bright for the bball team IMO.

i like see multiple guys driving to the bucket ... gabriel seems like he will always be super solid, even if his O is off ... i think kouassi is going to be a good one, if he can eliminate the fumble fingers ... chubb, well er um ah, nevermind.

btw, how many shots from within 3 feet did we miss???

This team could be good.  They aren't a physically imposing bunch, so rebounding will always be a challenge, but if they get better about taking care of the ball and they figure out who their go to scorer is going to be they could make some noise.  And if they get back the injured/suspended players anytime soon, this is going to be a crazy deep team.

The game was low scoring but man I don't think I've ever seen a team improve on their weaknesses that quickly. Seton Hall tore us apart with offensive rebounds and our own silly turnovers, plus not being able to hit a free throw has always been a problem. I think I remember USF getting one second shot. Rebounding was great. We didn't turn the ball over nearly as much (though still a few), and we made free throws for the first time ever that I've seen. The game was ugly but I thought we looked awesome compared to the last time I watched. Granted, USF is probably a step or two below SH, but it was still a great improvement. I think this team has a lot of promise, especially if they continue to gel and really shore up the turnovers.

Was at the game so much improvement from the last game I went to the Ark Pine Bluff, defense was outstanding.  We are inconsistant on the offensive side, but as Coach tells them, good tough D will win the games and the Offense will come around.  Beginning of the game i will chalk up to not playing for 11 days, it looked like it. 

On a bad note, I went early to the girls, it was ugly, 29 turnovers, thank goodness S. Fla was worse.  Most of the turnovers were just bad passes, i mean real real bad passes, like do you know who is on your team, are you color blind?  This team was bad, and i thought we would be a least mid pack in the SEC, we got a long ways to go.

i like see multiple guys driving to the bucket ... gabriel seems like he will always be super solid, even if his O is off ... i think kouassi is going to be a good one, if he can eliminate the fumble fingers ... chubb, well er um ah, nevermind.

I disagree about Chubb after the first half he got a lot more physical on D keeping their big man out and keeping their big man off the boards. Chubb will never be a great player but he has gotten stronger and better every year and he gives us a presence at Center that Koussai can't until he puts on some more weight.  Long Term Koussai will be the better player but Chubb helps us this year and is good backup Center next year.

I disagree about Chubb after the first half he got a lot more physical on D keeping their big man out and keeping their big man off the boards. Chubb will never be a great player but he has gotten stronger and better every year and he gives us a presence at Center that Koussai can't until he puts on some more weight.  Long Term Koussai will be the better player but Chubb helps us this year and is good backup Center next year.

Chubb has been much better this season than last IMO. As a big man I think his biggest job is defense, and if he can add 10 points a game he's doing his job on O. If he can keep that little hook shot going he will be able to get some points on people that he shouldn't be able to score on. He's no Shaq, but I think he's growing into a respectable center this year.

Chubb has been much better this season than last IMO. As a big man I think his biggest job is defense, and if he can add 10 points a game he's doing his job on O. If he can keep that little hook shot going he will be able to get some points on people that he shouldn't be able to score on. He's no Shaq, but I think he's growing into a respectable center this year.

He kind of goes in spurts.  He'll make a good post move on one trip and then boot a pass on the next trip.  He's got an upside with time and experience.  Reminds me of better Pat Burke.

Chubb also had a few assists when he was being doubled, he had a couple of turnovers too, but he is shaping up nicely.  Much improved from last season.  Needs to be more aggressive on the boards on both ends of the floor, even if he doesn't get the ball, he needs to make his man (and preferably one more guy) box him out.

We still have guys who aren't 100 %, I think things are looking up.

first, i will say i am very, very impressed with what chubb did in the off season.  it took dedication and hard work to put on good weight and come in to the season noticably more productive than last season.

i agree that he is streaky.  and when his O is going, then he is definitely more impressive.  my biggest beef is what i perceive as his lack of aggression on the boards.  at over 240 and 6'-10", he should have made a better attempt at many rebounds last night ... not that he wouldn't have gotten them, but he watched ... in fairness to chubb, so did alot of the guys.  why do kids not crash the boards when a shot is taken any more?  i mean crash them hard!

chubb also freaks a little when he gets double teamed.  he lost the ball a couple of times early and then threw a pass straight to a defender late in the game.  i will end with this ... i think he is a heady (smart) player ... i like his inside out passes and always has a couple of assists.  the fumble fingers thing is what it is ... what can you say.  and props to chubb on plays similar to the one fishback slomotion analyzed during the game.  that is the type thing chubb did not do tons of last year.

again, how many missed 3 footers last night?

Archived