Salaries Updated

Plaric

Brian VanGorder earns $850,000/yr. (2014)

Scot Loeffler $500,000/yr. (2014)

Willie Martinez $255,000/yr. (2013)

Neither one of those contracks are very long. 2 for 3 years ans 1 for only 2 years.

Contract length has zero correlation to length of tenure.

Neither one of those contracks are very long. 2 for 3 years ans 1 for only 2 years.

Smart move on AU Administations part, IMO.  No need to tie yourself down with a long contract and have to pay out the nose if a coach doesn't get it done and you have to cut him loose.

Contracts in college football are a complete joke anyway. Neither side honors them whatsoever.

I think that was pretty much what was speculated a few weeks ago.

contract length is fine, Contracts can be renegotiated yearly. Nothing in college football is concrete when it comes to contracts. I think with a big turnaround on the defensive side of the ball we will see contract extensions and better salaries in their future.

Also this is base salary. It doesn't list any bonuses which I'm 100% positive they have written in each contract.

Contracts in college football are a complete joke anyway. Neither side honors them whatsoever.

Auburn has gone over and beyond to honor a contract.  When you agree to pay +$5mm to a head coach that "resigns", that's bending over backwards IMO.

Auburn has gone over and beyond to honor a contract.  When you agree to pay +$5mm to a head coach that "resigns", that's bending over backwards IMO.

I wouldn't go that far, Tuberville was obviously forced out but I am sure his payout was part of his agreement to "resign" rather than get fired. But my main point was just that the length on these contracts means nothing other than for buyout purposes in the case of being fired.

More like a coach that quit on the job and was told to hit it quietly or we will do it publicly, but we will still give you the payout.

What's van Gorder making in the entertainment business?

Brian VanGorder earns $850,000/yr. (2014)

Football is part of the entertainment business.

The sides do honor the contracts. The contracts provide for service for a length of time at a given salary, among other terms. It is the other terms that come into play when either side decides to terminate the contract. The contracts specifically provide for early termination coupled with a monetary amount to do so. That is honoring the contract. Just like the contract with your cell phone carrier, most let you terminate before the natural term for an amount of money.

I have heard the stache along commands at least $25k per film  ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bow chicka wow wow  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

More like a coach that quit on the job and was told to hit it quietly or we will do it publicly, but we will still give you the payout.

More like the BOT went behind Tuberville's back and interviewed another coach for the job, just like they'd done in 2003, only when his contract was renewed after 03 (or maybe after 04..one of the two), there was a clause in it that said if Auburn went looking like that again, Tuberville could walk with his full buyout.

Now, yeah, Tubs had slacked off, and yeah, the BOT was telling him to shove off, but I get the feeling that not many people understand exactly how it went down.

Assistant coaches never have long contracts. Pretty sure that at most programs, it's one year for position coaches and two for coordinators.

I have heard the stache along commands at least $25k per film  ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bow chicka wow wow  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sounds like augirl has been watching some adult videos...;)

More like the BOT went behind Tuberville's back and interviewed another coach for the job, just like they'd done in 2003, only when his contract was renewed after 03 (or maybe after 04..one of the two), there was a clause in it that said if Auburn went looking like that again, Tuberville could walk with his full buyout.

Now, yeah, Tubs had slacked off, and yeah, the BOT was telling him to shove off, but I get the feeling that not many people understand exactly how it went down.

Rednilla nailed it.

wde

Precisely.  I like Tubs (and hope he and his wife come out of their legal difficulties OK) but I'm sure glad we've moved on.

Archived