2014 4* DB Nick Glass

DJ_Hatch

NICK GLASS  2014 SAFETY

1032415.jpg  1022332.jpg

RIVALS      SCOUT      24/7      ESPN

One of the top DB's for the 2014 class... AU was his 1st "big" offer... plays for St. Pius X School... former teammate of 2012 bama signee Geno Smith (aka "the mouth of the South")... offers from AU, Arky, Cinn, Clemson, UGa, GaTech, Ill, Miss, Miss St, UNC, Okie St, Vandy, Virg, & Wake Forest... 2011: 75 tackles ~ 5 sacks ~ 4 INT's. Runs the 40 in the 4.4's... Very strong for his size (14 reps of 275 ~ Bench: 275 ~ Squat: 425 ~ 35" Vert.) ~ Cousin of cousin is former Auburn great and NFL Pro Bowl FB Fred Beasley

Glass will be one of the top-ranked safeties in the country in the 2014 class after a stellar sophomore season. AU coach Tommy Thigpen is recruiting Glass, and the young safety, who has yet to visit the Plains, says that he plans to make the short trip over to AU from Atlanta "3 or 4 times" before this summer.

Per Rivals.com:

"I just want to build a relationship with the coaching staff and get to know each and every one, and meet the players and see if I fit in, and get a feel for the academics and how it's setup after I finish football," said Glass.

"I have a family member that went there so they've made a huge impression on me," Glass said. "I know they would be big shoes to fill, but I'm willing to take that chance."

After a long recruitment last year, Glass' teammate, Geno Smith, came down to a final two teams of AU and bama and ultimately chose the tide. It was then that Smith began his "Twitter war" with the AU fanbase tweeting things like....

"Its gonna be a sad day for Auburn on NSD imo"

and...

"Could have sworn Leonard Williams was an AUBURN lock.... Count down to doomsday for Auburn #NSD"

and who could forget this gem...

"Charles Barkely is the only person I know that makes the word athletic into 3 syllabus #auburneducation"

So, it seems that Smith has made it clear that he doesn't care for AU or its fans now that he's a member of the tahd. And one would assume that he'll try his best to influence his young teammate, Glass..... or then again....

"I don't really listen to what Geno has to say, I'm my own person," Glass said. "He's always 'Auburn this and Auburn that', and I'm like wait a minute, they were in your top two, obviously you had to like them. Funny thing is he still wears Auburn clothes to workout in. It's a little odd."

Sorry Geno... you may be out of luck on this one! In fact, it sounds like he may wish he had it to do over again!  :tease:

As for Glass, AU looks to in a good spot early on with him...

"It's early to have a leader or a top five, but if I were to have a top five, Auburn would be really high on my list," Glass said.

:we:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrljr

Haven't seen any film on Glass yet. Who is the family member? I really like Vonn Bell however. Geno never did impress me much.

Haven't seen any film on Glass yet. Who is the family member? I really like Vonn Bell however. Geno never did impress me much.

It would be great to get Bell and Glass. Bell is a 2013 recruit.

That cracks me up. Geno apparently has been talking trash about us to Glass and Glass throws it right back in his face with, "Auburn was in your top 2 so you must've liked them." Hilarious.

Wonder how Geno is going to feel about us when he is "processed" at Bama in a couple of years.

If Geno is processed then I will be glad we didn't sign him. If he can't play for them then he can't play for us as far as I'm concerned.

Would looooove to get this guy!  Maybe he can bring some of his boys with him too.  From what I hear, this is a reallly good defense with great playmakers playing beside him.

I like Nick Glass a lot, but don't forget about Evan (HS Safety & QB) and Elliott (HS RB and DE/LB) Berry.  They are very high on AU despite all the family UT connections.  They are close friends with their former HS teammate and current tiger Josh Holsey AND are close to Trooper Taylor and his family.  They are about as close to a "lock" as blue chip players that you can get considering their dad played college ball (at UT) and their brother was one of the best players in college football (at UT) and now plays in the NFL.  What's clear in this discussion is Georgia is absolutely loaded with talent again in 2014!

I like Nick Glass a lot, but don't forget about Evan (HS Safety & QB) and Elliott (HS RB and DE/LB) Berry.  They are very high on AU despite all the family UT connections.  They are close friends with their former HS teammate and current tiger Josh Holsey AND are close to Trooper Taylor and his family.  They are about as close to a "lock" as blue chip players that you can get considering their dad played college ball (at UT) and their brother was one of the best players in college football (at UT) and now plays in the NFL.  What's clear in this discussion is Georgia is absolutely loaded with talent again in 2014!

Let's just hope that UT continues to stumble and fumble under Coach Dooley.  Honestly, I'd like to see us get all three of these kids.

I've been pumped up about the twins' recruitment since I first heard they were interested. Hope CTT can reel them in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

Nick Glass, Tray Matthews, Shaq Wiggins and Reuben Foster were getting worked hard by Lawson and the crew on Sunday.  If Tray and Reuben flip, expect Glass and Wiggins to take a good look at AU.  Source: Auburnsports.com

Guest EagleDamnWar

Nick Glass will now be visiting on Wed.  Wiggins isn't visiting. "Glass and his grandfather are making the trip in the morning and might spend the night."

Something tells me our rival recruiters were put on high alert by the quotes coming out of the Rivals 5* Challenge.  Probably a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on.

Archived