Wayne Hills

Ht:6'3"

Wt:196 lbs

Class:2013 (High School)

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=5539235

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Kevin-Olsen-103602

He's visiting this week

Per Bryan Matthews:

Although he doesn't have a set top five, 4-star QB Kevin Olsen said Auburn was in his top group following a visit to Junior Day. Olsen plans to visit some more schools but will have a decision before the start of his senior season. He was very impressed with Auburn OC Scot Loeffler. I'll have a full story soon.

I reaaaaaaaaally hope that we land Olsen, Rettig or Bateman (in that order). Olsen is the #2 QB in this class to me.

IMO:

Top 10

1. Ryan Burns

2. Kevin Olsen

3. Max Browne

4. Cooper Bateman

5. Christian Hackenberg

6. Hayden Rettig (could be top 3, but want to see how he looks post injury. Has HUGE arm though)

7. Eddie Printz

8. Shane Morris

9. Brice Ramsey

10. Austin Allen

I reaaaaaaaaally hope that we land Olsen, Rettig or Bateman (in that order). Olsen is the #2 QB in this class to me.

IMO:

Top 10

1. Ryan Burns

2. Kevin Olsen

3. Max Browne

4. Cooper Bateman

5. Christian Hackenberg

6. Hayden Rettig (could be top 3, but want to see how he looks post injury. Has HUGE arm though)

7. Eddie Printz

8. Shane Morris

9. Brice Ramsey

10. Austin Allen

gotta assume big brother greg olsen has discussed chizik with Cam and the his philosophies.  that has to be some serious positive feedback from cam to greg to kevin.  imo that would galvanize auburn as one of the top options with kevin.  then loeffler's reputation as a qb developer along with our OL and team potential - i like our chances with olsen.

IMO:

Top 10

1. Ryan Burns

2. Kevin Olsen

3. Max Browne

4. Cooper Bateman

5. Christian Hackenberg

7. Eddie Printz

8. Shane Morris

9. Brice Ramsey

10. Austin Allen

This is just me, but out of the QB's we seem to be after I hope we get Bateman. Browne maybe too much of a reach, but we may get lucky. And I'm not sure how you came up with that list, but I think Tyrone Swoopes is the best QB in this class hands down.

IMO:

Top 10

1. Ryan Burns

2. Kevin Olsen

3. Max Browne

4. Cooper Bateman

5. Christian Hackenberg

7. Eddie Printz

8. Shane Morris

9. Brice Ramsey

10. Austin Allen

This is just me, but out of the QB's we seem to be after I hope we get Bateman. Browne maybe too much of a reach, but we may get lucky. And I'm not sure how you came up with that list, but I think Tyrone Swoopes is the best QB in this class hands down.

Swoopes will be a train wreck in anything but a spread run offense. He has all of the tools in the world, but he is far behind where even Vince Young was as a pure passer out of high school. There is another dual threat QB out of Texas (can't remember his name) that is smaller than Swoopes but is much better as a passer. Because Swoopes has to have an offense tailored to his game, I'd put all of these QBs (including Ryan Buchanan), ahead of him.

IMO:

Top 10

1. Ryan Burns

2. Kevin Olsen

3. Max Browne

4. Cooper Bateman

5. Christian Hackenberg

7. Eddie Printz

8. Shane Morris

9. Brice Ramsey

10. Austin Allen

Swoopes will be a train wreck in anything but a spread run offense. He has all of the tools in the world, but he is far behind where even Vince Young was as a pure passer out of high school. There is another dual threat QB out of Texas (can't remember his name) that is smaller than Swoopes but is much better as a passer. Because Swoopes has to have an offense tailored to his game, I'd put all of these QBs (including Ryan Buchanan), ahead of him.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, not that it matters since he's going to Texas. But if could pick one offense player to get in this class it would be Swoopes.

I like KK's list and would be happy if Olsen committed to us--even if he is the only qb we can take for the 2013 class.

Caveat: I am going on what I have read on a couple of boards, and have not seen film or live action of any of the potential recruits.

• 4 weeks later...

Olsen just was named MVP of the New York Elite 11 Regional, also earning an invite to the Elite 11 finals in California.  He said he was considering Auburn, Wisconsin, South Carolina, and Miami after the event.  He would be an awesome QB to land for this class. Anyone know how we are looking with him? 

I've got to agree with KK on Olsen; not too long ago I was more a fan of Rettig, just not sure if he would rebound well. I have since become more familiar with Olsen, and he is the complete package at QB, IMO. He has a good arm, very accurate, moves well, and is an exceptionally intelligent player. Of course, being a coach's son, that isn't surprising, but it IS a big deal.

I've got to agree with KK on Olsen; not too long ago I was more a fan of Rettig, just not sure if he would rebound well. I have since become more familiar with Olsen, and he is the complete package at QB, IMO. He has a good arm, very accurate, moves well, and is an exceptionally intelligent player. Of course, being a coach's son, that isn't surprising, but it IS a big deal.

^^^

I agree with KK and Red

Plus he has an older brother who has been through the recruiting process (also true for Rettig).

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on Kevin Olsen?

said yesterday he's down to Miami and USCe.....

not 2 hours later it comes out that Connor Mitch committed to USCe, sooooo......Olsen to Miami

Still amazes me that Miami can pull top recruits with what is coming. Maybe they just said to hell with it all and lets stock the cabinets while we can, however we can. I get the draw of south beach much like Austin and the hollywood of USCw............but still........Ill wish Olsen the best IF he chooses UM and hope he can have a winning season and play in a bowl game before leaving.

Feels like Ryan Buchanan is becoming our guy, and I feel like with the interest he has been receiving lately he will be a solid 4* in the end.

Feels like Ryan Buchanan is becoming our guy, and I feel like with the interest he has been receiving lately he will be a solid 4* in the end.

What makes you think we can get him from the clutches of Ole Miss? His family has a long time relationship with that school that dates back generations. T.I.A.

Archived