Matt Korcheck and Renan Lenz

these guys are both Juco big men we are looking at.

Matt Korcheck http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Matt-Korcheck-130743;_ylt=Ar2Yw3Z3NbQNR1ogOUuedrk0rJB4

weird thing about Korcheck is he wants to redshirt his first year.

Renan Lenz http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Renan-Lenz-129759;_ylt=AuXEr8gezP4yzLR_fZ4R3bI0rJB4

if i had a choice this is who i would take. he is a big body and can score really well, has a nice shot and is a excellent rebounder and shot blocker.

here is an article on both of them http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10426305

Korcheck is visiting OU this weekend who seems to be ok with him redshirting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korcheck signed with Barbee at UTEP before he took our job so I would think we had a chance. It is kind of strange him wanting to redshirt though and we are not in a position to redshirt any post players.

You have any more info or any video on Lenz?

An in the know guy on another board says another guy to keep an eye on is Colin Borchert of East Mississippi JC. This is his old Rivals profile and looking at it he had some pretty good offers coming out of high school.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Colin-Borchert-58347

Korcheck signed with Barbee at UTEP before he took our job so I would think we had a chance. It is kind of strange him wanting to redshirt though and we are not in a position to redshirt any post players.

You have any more info or any video on Lenz?

An in the know guy on another board says another guy to keep an eye on is Colin Borchert of East Mississippi JC. This is his old Rivals profile and looking at it he had some pretty good offers coming out of high school.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Colin-Borchert-58347

I saw somewhere that Lenz wants to make a decision soon and I'm not sure he has a legit offer from us yet.

The only thing I know about Borchert is that he is another big body from JUCO that we are looking at to replace Kenny G.

according to rivals Renan Lenz's visits are:

Auburn:04/13/2012

USC:04/05/2012

Utah:04/20/2012

Virginia Tech:03/24/2012

Have those other schools offered him or is he just checking them out?

according to rivals Renan Lenz's visits are:

Auburn:04/13/2012

USC:04/05/2012

Utah:04/20/2012

Virginia Tech:03/24/2012

Have those other schools offered him or is he just checking them out?

yes those schools and hawaii have offered him.

Says Lenz will be in Auburn from Thurs night until Sunday.  He is most concerned with playing time and not so much about where the school is located.  Likes Barbee and staff.  AU, Southern Cal, Utah, and VATech all in the mix. 

Says Lenz will be in Auburn from Thurs night until Sunday.  He is most concerned with playing time and not so much about where the school is located.  Likes Barbee and staff.  AU, Southern Cal, Utah, and VATech all in the mix. 

well then I liked our chances before now I love them if isn't concerned about location. Now the big question is who do we take Lenz or Sanchez?

Well, they'll both be here this weekend.  Maybe Barbee will put them in a room with two pens and one LOI.

"Two Recruits Enta' One Recruit Leave"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTutQFtEL1xQiHrnXh3ATI7X2bqsz-I_d2KOOkj4xrUr4xZIY4Zfw

well then I liked our chances before now I love them if isn't concerned about location. Now the big question is who do we take Lenz or Sanchez?

Who would you see we rather get?

Lenz he is way bigger and appears to be a better scorer and Sanchez has some academic issues.

Lenz he is way bigger and appears to be a better scorer and Sanchez has some academic issues.

do either of these guys have the size/length to play center or are they both big forwards?  being captain obvious here ... we need "true" centers.  we dont know what tatum will bring and i think most think that chubb is out of position (i am not knowledgable enough to know either way)

do either of these guys have the size/length to play center or are they both big forwards?  being captain obvious here ... we need "true" centers.  we dont know what tatum will bring and i think most think that chubb is out of position (i am not knowledgable enough to know either way)

Lenz could play center. But Chubb is definately not out of position Chubb is a Center and nothing else. Chubb would get destroyed against faster and athletic power forwards example: what that UTEP guy did against him.

Archived