Re: ESPN railing

AUwenMD

Gee folks...lighten up on ESPN....I agree they are sometimes jerks but consider that there are dozens of inter-squad games today and AU is barely in the top 25 pre-season.    It's pretty easy to see why they might not carry a game where even the players don't know the scoring system.     We call it an A-Day game but in fact it's just a glorified practice where half of our best defensive players are not dressing out.   I mean, who but AU fans and a bunch of bammers would have an interest in the game?  

Meanwhile, check CSS tonight at 8CT...right after UGa and Clemson games for the replay.....or check some AU sites where it will be re-played.   JMO, but save the ESPN angst for something that really matters.

Considering BSPN's work on behalf of Cam Newton , it will be a cold, cold day in hell. I think eventually demanding reasonable treatment from the media is rather angst worthy. You are welcome not to.

Considering BSPN's work on behalf of Cam Newton , it will be a cold, cold day in hell. I think eventually demanding reasonable treatment from the media is rather angst worthy. You are welcome not to.

EXACTLY how I feel. Feel the same way about the rest of the SEC as well for the same reason. Only members of the conference besides us that I am okay with at this point are the 2 that just joined.

While patting ourselves on our overinflated ego's back repeatedly. The only thing I would like to cut BSPN from is ever covering college football again.

Jack Arute said they were among the worst things to ever happen to college football. I totally agree.

Gee folks...lighten up on ESPN....I agree they are sometimes jerks but consider that there are dozens of inter-squad games today and AU is barely in the top 25 pre-season.    It's pretty easy to see why they might not carry a game where even the players don't know the scoring system.     We call it an A-Day game but in fact it's just a glorified practice where half of our best defensive players are not dressing out.   I mean, who but AU fans and a bunch of bammers would have an interest in the game?  

Meanwhile, check CSS tonight at 8CT...right after UGa and Clemson games for the replay.....or check some AU sites where it will be re-played.   JMO, but save the ESPN angst for something that really matters.

Barely top 25 preseason, but also a year removed from being national champs, not to mention having one of the most passionate fan bases out there. Auburn is more than some flash in the pan, middle of the road team. We've been undefeated three times in the past two decades. Go back 30 years and you find four more SEC Championships and a national title (albeit awarded by the NY Times).

And more than that, you know that they know how much we want to see our boys, because our recruiting classes the last three years are indicative of having a lot of talent coming back.

Now, I'm not going to say that ESPN is exactly singling us out, but they aren't showing us the love that we deserve as a program.

And that's fine. They can do whatever it is they want to do. At the end of the day, Auburn will still be Auburn. And there's nothing they can do about that.

While patting ourselves on our overinflated ego's back repeatedly. The only thing I would like to cut BSPN from is ever covering college football again.

Jack Arute said they were among the worst things to ever happen to college football. I totally agree.

I'm impress tt you listen to someone almost as old as me.

He's half your age ;)

He's half your age ;)

Wow, Jack's hit triple digits already?

Perhaps to apologize for BSPN's ineptitude in failing to televise our A-Day game.

If they thought showing AU would have given themselves a larger rating they would have shown AU (or an Iranian N. Korea Soccer match for that matter). ESPN gets paid based on the number of people who watch their programming.

Fans are all about "feeling" and "emotion" ; love, pride, anger, and hate. ESPN is all about $$$$$$$$$$$.

I do agree that ESPN is BAD for college football, but college football created the monster when they sold out to the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  If you sleep with snakes and you will eventually get bit by one.

Quoting Pogo, "We have met the enemy and he is us".

The University of Virginia received coverage today

He's half your age ;)

Wow, Jack's hit triple digits already?

You've made Bird very proud!  Keep up the good work! :laugh:

The ratings from the UVa law school mock trials every year are blockbuster :laugh:

Hopefully they will not hold them at the same time as one of our conference games.

Perhaps to apologize for BSPN's ineptitude in failing to televise our A-Day game.

If they thought showing AU would have given themselves a larger rating they would have shown AU (or an Iranian N. Korea Soccer match for that matter). ESPN gets paid based on the number of people who watch their programming.

Fans are all about "feeling" and "emotion" ; love, pride, anger, and hate. ESPN is all about $$$$$$$$$$$.

I do agree that ESPN is BAD for college football, but college football created the monster when they sold out to the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  If you sleep with snakes and you will eventually get bit by one.

Quoting Pogo, "We have met the enemy and he is us".

The University of Virginia received coverage today

Quoting Louie Bagley, "How now brown cow?" :tease:

It could be they tried covering spring games but the interest/sponsor money just isn't there.  I thought just a few years ago they had bama's spring game on ESPN and Auburn's on ESPNU at the same time.  I didn't see any spring games on ESPNU and bama's wasn't on ESPN, it was on CSS which is a regional broadcast, not national and it wasn't even in HD.

We Direct TV people don't get CSS.  Now, how bout giving us some of those "AU sites" that will be showing the replays.

Hopefully they will not hold the mock trials at UVa law opposite the lacrosse games, they had an announced crowd of 10,000, at the lacrosse field yesterday while trying to use lacrosse (yeah seriously) to boost the spring game attendance. Admittedly they had a storm, but I would also like to point out the AU/WVU monsoon game. Comparing the ultimate fan or national interest in UVa and AU football is like comparing a Maserati to a grape. They are both great at what they do, but they serve totally different uses.

Also, bspn had no issue with a reasonable amount of UF Gator and USCe coverage. Nice record we have against those teams as of late, don't you think?

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/uvafootball/wb/282162

I wonder what time the polo team plays :rolleyes:

Archived