Auburn vs South Carolina - Game 1

Just getting underway.  Since I don't have anyway to watch I'll be following using gametracker.  I wasn't sure if you guys do game threads and what not, looks like there have been a few.  Thought I'd get this one going to talk about the game.

oops....V can't find strike zone...full and no outs....key batter of the game up now.

Geez! At what point do you bump Varnadore out of the Friday night slot? He's pitching really bad lately. He just walked their #9 hitter who was trying to bunt. Terrible!

And then, on a 1-2 pitch, he grooves one that the guy hits off the top of the wall to score 2 more. 6-0 Carolina. Awful!

I know Coach P has caught alot of grief lately on this board but at some point, the players need to take some blame here.

At this point I start Varnadore midweek and move Cochran-Gill to Friday.  What do you have to lose?

Worst fielding effort of the season...three weak/bad throws allowed runners to score.  Only one an error but could have nailed the runners with reasonable throws.  Sad effort for a team that really needs a win.

Just got to sit back down as my wife and kid took over the computer lol.  Boy, I'm almost glad I haven't been able to see this.

Thanks for the stream, I'll follow for a bit while hockey is at the 1st INT.

Two excellent catches by Gonz...you just never know. 

Not a great start to the series tonight :(

Hope they can get one back tomorrow to even the series.  On a bright note tomorrow's game is on SportsSouth and I'll get to watch it on tv!!!  War Eagle!

Tough night.

Our Tigers need to regroup and come out strong tomorrow.

Definitely, pick up a win tomorrow and head into Sunday with a chance to win the series would be huge.  Hoping for a better showing tomorrow.

Tough night.

Our Tigers need to regroup and come out strong tomorrow.

Definitely, pick up a win tomorrow and head into Sunday with a chance to win the series would be huge.  Hoping for

a better showing tomorrow.

Friday nights are very important in a 3 game SEC series.  Tough hole to climb out of. Mentally this tea seems down. As said earlier Paw has taken heat about his game mgt. I wonder if players are beginning to have questions themselves. I mean they weren't D1 prospects because they were good bunters.

These are kids....not major leaguers. And baseball is a streaky sport anyway. They are in a slump just as teams like bammer,Vandy and USCe are hitting their stride. Those teams were pretty bad early in the season but now they have pulled it together. Auburn peaked a little too early, and it's messing with their college-age heads. Losing Will Kendall has thrown a kink in the pitching rotation, and that hasn't helped.

I think the team showed some spunk tonite despite the insurmountable hole that Varny dug for them. This might be the catalyst that will get things turned around. I just wish someone could step up and fill Kendall's cleats. Losing him has been a huge blow.

These are kids....not major leaguers. And baseball is a streaky sport anyway. They are in a slump just as teams like bammer,Vandy and USCe are hitting their stride. Those teams were pretty bad early in the season but now they have pulled it together. Auburn peaked a little too early, and it's messing with their college-age heads. Losing Will Kendall has thrown a kink in the pitching rotation, and that hasn't helped.

I think the team showed some spunk tonite despite the insurmountable hole that Varny dug for them. This might be the catalyst that will get things turned around. I just wish someone could step up and fill Kendall's cleats. Losing him has been a huge blow.

Exactly what stride has Alabama hit? They've won a grand total of 4 conference games. 3 against us. After they swept us they got swept the following weekend. The only stride Alabama hit was when they played us.

They beat Vandy last night.... ;)

And they are playing much better than they were earlier in the season......which was my point.

I'm sorry Belle but bama is awful this season. I mean real terrible and they swept us.... We are now 1-6 in our last 7 SEC games. We have won only one Friday night game all season and frankly under coach P we rarely win Friday night. I think if we don't turn it around then the seat should be getting very hot for coach. We are consistently the worse pitching and fielding team in the conference and that is unacceptable. I'm hoping today we can get it turned around but I don't have high hopes

Archived