Player interviews - Yes sirs all around

Budapesttiger

I was quite happy to see the attitude of the players in the interviews. Lots of yes sirs and respect. There is also energy, enthusiasm and excitement. But, the character, to me at least seems to be jumping out.

I really want Auburn to win every game. But, as much or more I want to see gentlemen represent the University. From the interviews I've seem these guys are everything we'd want.

Check out Trovon Reed if you get a chance. He's not the big character Whittaker is but gives a great interview. I found them on AL.com - I know, I know - just don't read the comments. 

I remember hearing Coach Troop correcting  one of his that didn't say sir one time. I catch flack from one of my UAT friends about CTT's hat and towel. All I tell him is that he is the best WR coach and recruiter that we've ever had at AU based on results. He requires discipline, respect and even blocking down field!

There is a team environment that I believe promotes the attitude that these young men have shown.

I had the opportunity to mingle with the players at the team hotel during the Outback Bowl.  It was yes m'am every time from each one...I then spoke to Coach Troop and told him how respectful the players were.  His response - "they know they had better be".  I told Coach Chiz as well.  His response was similar...

WDE

Archived