Cam and the Panthers

AU64

" Forgive me father for I have sinned ....all of a sudden I've gotten more interested in the Carolina Panthers than watching AU play football". " I was never a pro football fan and usually had Sunday afternoons off to golf or relax...now I'm glued to my TV waiting on Cam to pull off another unbelievable play. Is there any help for me?"

Carolina sure was lucky to ignore all the experts at BSPN and elsewhere and draft Cam.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Forgive me father for I have sinned ....all of a sudden I've gotten more interested in the Carolina Panthers than watching AU play football". " I was never a pro football fan and usually had Sunday afternoons off to golf or relax...now I'm glued to my TV waiting on Cam to pull off another unbelievable play. Is there any help for me?"

Carolina sure was lucky to ignore all the experts at BSPN and elsewhere and draft Cam.

yes they were

IF I'm home and there is absolutely nothing else on, I may see if I can find the Panthers game on. Otherwise, I hate the nfl. I used to like it and watch, but too many teams are forever on my hate list and quite frankly the game bores the hell out of me now. I can think of a multitude of things I would rather do or watch than the nfl.

They need a defense for sure. The fumble on 3rd down by Cam wasn't helpful but dang, they pinned the Falcons at the 1 but then gave up a 59 yard bomb. The Panthers seem to be a "find a way to lose" type team.

Carolina did a lot of homework and research before they drafted Cam. That was a smart move that lead to a good decision.

tough day for Cam today. Wasn't accurate at all. Had the ball at the 1/2 yard "line" 4th and goal and missed a wide open TE. But on the 1/2 yard "line" I say you let Cam cram it in. The Panthers fans seem to be turning on him (at least on the one forum I look at for Carolina) so there's a ton of pressure on him now.

• 2 weeks later...

Lifelong Tampa Bay fan. Superbowl win was special for sure.

I keep up with Carolina and Cam's progress, so know, there is no help :no:

I havent cared for the past two bucs coaches, this includes current coach.

Only time I watch the Bucs is when they wear their throwbacks.

As you well know AU64, all we get here in Diamondhead is Saints, Saints, and more Saints. Never have been a New Orleans fan.

• 5 weeks later...

Cam needs to be on a better team. Period.

Their fans don't appreciate what they've got.

Rolled through their forum just now and I wanna +1 this.

The Dallas Cowboys need to dump Tony Romo and buy Cam's contract.

The Dallas Cowboys need to dump Tony Romo and buy Cam's contract.

Ugh...no. I could never cheer for the Flowerboys.

Mostly Dawgs and Cock fans ragging him....started when he got drafted last year and mostly same guys did it all year last season...not Panther fans for the most part. But he does need to be on a better team. The OC has taken Cam's game away from him this season (about abandoned planned runnning plays) which has cost the team several games.

I am a complete fiend when it comes to fantasy football. It's the only thing that makes Sundays as fun as Saturdays. My main league is a dynasty where you keep your players from year to year and I was lucky enough to get Cam. What I can't understand is how the media keeps saying Cam's season is a disaster. Statistically speaking, Cams numbers are down across the board, but not by much. I'd go so far as to say its actually marginal. He is getting a bad rap in this regard. This guy has the ability to revolutionize the qb position.

He played as advertised last night, 16/29 305 yds 2 TD 0 Int and 55 yds 2 TD rushing.

Of course, Philly isn't exactly an NFC powerhouse this year...

The Eagles are 15th out of 32 teams in terms of total defense, so I think Cam can hold his head high with the numbers he put up on Monday night.

Shame on Cam. Today he hit a TD pass over Neiko Thorpe on N's first play of the game and later Cam juked Neiko and left him grabbing air as Cam sprinted for about 30 yards.

Cam not playing defense...Panthers coaching problems are as bad as AU's. Can't hold a lead, too many penalties, no OL...And the team / fans are expecting Cam to do it all. Running game was almost zilch ultil Cam broke off a few runs. The team is crap but Cam is.....Cam. WE

Archived