Cam and the Panthers

AU64

The Panthers are a slight favorite tonight. This has to be the biggest game of Cam's young career. Getting a MNF win against the Pats would be huge. They need a win to keep pace with the Saints in their division. I can't wait to watch this game.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just a huge cam fan. He seems to be even more bright and calm and such now. He is so fun to watch.

Nice win. Love seeing Cam getting the Panthers turned around. What'd y'all think about the no call in the endzone to end the game?

Nice win. Love seeing Cam getting the Panthers turned around. What'd y'all think about the no call in the endzone to end the game?

Even if Gronk didn't get tied up with him, he wouldn't have had a chance at catching it.

I think if I'm a Patriot fan, I'm pissed. I'm a Cam fan so I'm thrilled for him. Tough call but Lester stepping up and getting the INT in front of the PI was probably the key. If that ball gets anywhere near Gronk, it's a flag and the ball would be on the one for a final play. So Cam's big win was saved by a bammer. Who'da thunk it?

That is a tough one. At first I agreed with the refs, that the flag should be picked up. When a ball is tipped or intercepted in front of the receiver there should be no PI. However the more I watch that the more I think Gronk would have had a chance to stop and fight for the ball. Gronk was stopping his momentum when Kuechly wrapped his arms around him. I do not think Gronk would have caught the TD because the DB had better position so in the end it was the right result. Kuechly almost cost his team the game with that bonehead play because giving Tom one play from the one yard line favors the Pats.

I recall a similar play in an AU-LSU game (I think) where we intercepted a ball in front of an obvious PI and there was a no-call that really ticked off the corndogs.

Cam has turned the corner this year IMO. Can't wait to watch him the rest of the year.

I think he has always been there but the team is playing better. Still...as Cam goes so go the Panthers. Panthers have $30 million invested in 3 RBs and yet it's up to Cam to make the yards when it counts. IMO he still does not have much of a team around him.

Great piece on Cam.....

http://www.charlotte...l#.Uowp_f0o4kI.

People finally getting to see the Cam that was so loved by people in Auburn during his days at AU. Good for him ! !

PS: from Charlotte paper on Wed:

Cam Newton and his family celebrated Monday’s victory against New England at the Waffle House

Picking up good habits from Gus.

Cam and the Panthers are really struggling early against the Dolphins. They need to get serious.

Cam's best years are ahead... and away from Shula. They've done better the last couple months, but still atrocious. Doesn't look like they are even trying at times.

Cam and the Panthers are really struggling early against the Dolphins. They need to get serious.

Cam's best years are ahead... and away from Shula. They've done better the last couple months, but still atrocious. Doesn't look like they are even trying at times.

I still don't like Shula, but I have to give him credit today. I thought he made some good adjustments and play calls after halftime. Not sure how you can call them atrocious considering they have won seven in a row and have one of the best records in the league?

Cam with the go ahead TD pass to Olsen. Then gives the ball to an Auburn fan, War Eagles heard in the background.

I wonder who the guy was he gave the ball to? Those guys were at ground level on the sideline, had on at least one AU hat, and definitely were shouting "War Eagle" at Cam. Cam usually gives the ball to kids, not adults. We have a lot of former players from that area of Fla and I wonder if that guy was a former player?

I still don't like Shula, but I have to give him credit today. I thought he made some good adjustments and play calls after halftime. Not sure how you can call them atrocious considering they have won seven in a row and have one of the best records in the league?

Coaching+Play Calling+ and mainly their use of Cam ...first half, many halves of other games. Sure, they've gotten better since week 4, but I think Cam is missing out on development as long as he's with this staff. Staff=atrocious

Shula has gotten better as the season has progressed. Heck, they are 8-3 so I wouldn't go changing much. They need a real OL, not the hodge-podge of players they have there now, like a converted DT. The running game is a joke really. Tolbert is the most effective runner and Stewart can be slippery at times but the big money guy, Williams, hasn't shown me anything this year. He constantly picks the wrong holes or stutter steps his way to a 2 yard loss. He has to lead the league in runs for negative yardage. Now of course some of his issue is the OL, but he doesn't seem to create anything.

Cam has yet to play a full, dominating game this year really. He wasn't good at all at the start of the game, but he's had two game winning drives with some very, very big moments in both of them so he's really learning to win at this level. The Panthers should make the playoffs this year and get some good experience but next year, if they can get a couple of OL and a good WR, they might make a really deep run.

Weird. I thought he gave it to a girl in a Panthers #1 jersey.

That was his first TD, the rushing one where he trucked the LBer. After the game winning TD pass he gave the ball to a black dude in the corner on the field wearing an orange AU hat and screaming War Eagle to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived