Cam and the Panthers

AU64

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Boy the bammers just can't get Cam out of their heads. Saw a Cam piece on al.com today and there are about 700 comments on it. I bet 90% of them are from bammers.

I'll bet that the last thought most of these bammers will have just before they pass from this world will be : "God, I hate that f****in Cam"

Boy ya just have to love it.

IF I'm home and there is absolutely nothing else on, I may see if I can find the Panthers game on. Otherwise, I hate the nfl. I used to like it and watch, but too many teams are forever on my hate list and quite frankly the game bores the hell out of me now. I can think of a multitude of things I would rather do or watch than the nfl.

I like football, in general. But I'd rather watch almost any college game than a regular season pro game. Playoffs get more interesting.

Cam newton fined $21k for contact on an official.

Pocket change. But his apology will hopefully make up for his mistake. If he's gonna get in someone's face maybe it should be the guy who drove him in the ground. The Raiders play dirty and Cam had had enough by that point.

Speedy recovery to Cam. He just went out of the game with what appears to be a knee/ankle injury.

They have it taped up and hes back out there! War Cam!

Speedy recovery to Cam. He just went out of the game with what appears to be a knee/ankle injury.

They have it taped up and hes back out there! War Cam!

Remind me to solicit well-wishes from you when I'm feeling poorly. ;)

• 3 months later...

If Cam leads the Panthers to the playoffs this year, he deserves some real praise. The Panthers' schedule is burtal this year.

• 5 months later...

I am starting to feel bad for Cam. He has all the talent but the Panthers have surrounded him with no offensive talent and a horrible coaching staff. Mike Shula has no business being an OC in the NFL and is ruining him right now. Cam is not an I-formation play-action quarterback. They are mis-using him and not playing to his strengths.

I am starting to feel bad for Cam. He has all the talent but the Panthers have surrounded him with no offensive talent and a horrible coaching staff. Mike Shula has no business being an OC in the NFL and is ruining him right now. Cam is not an I-formation play-action quarterback. They are mis-using him and not playing to his strengths.

Entire coaching staff is clueless and he has only one reasonably good WR (Smith) who is getting old and even he can't seem to catch the ball lately.

If the owners won't get a good coaching staff, Cam would be better off elsewhere. Do you think the Eagles would try for a deal?

Entire coaching staff is clueless and he has only one reasonably good WR (Smith) who is getting old and even he can't seem to catch the ball lately.

If the owners won't get a good coaching staff, Cam would be better off elsewhere. Do you think the Eagles would try for a deal?

He would be the perfect QB for Chip Kelly.

When I was watching last weeks game against the Cards Cam started out on fire. They should have built a big lead in the 1st qtr but Steve Smith dropped a TD that hit him in the numbers (Smith later tried to take the blame for the loss). Then the Cards D made some adjustments and started blitzing up the middle with Karlos Dansby and their other middle LB. The Panthers never made an adjustment. They blitzed them up the A gap for the next three qtrs and pretty much shut down the Carolina O. The announcers even made the comment that Carolina was doing nothing to counter this. They also commented it would be easy to call some roll outs and use Cam's speed to get outside, but noooooo. It almost looked like a reenactment of our sack Brodie game. Mike f'n Shula is killing Cam's career right now. The fans and media are starting to turn on Cam too and that's a shame.

• 3 weeks later...

Cam and the Panthers seem to have it rolling now. They are whipping inferior teams and Cam is playing virtually flawless. They just have to find a way to start beating the good teams and not lose in a close game. I am still not sold on Shula as an OC and their WRs have to stop dropping catchable balls. Their defense appears to be one of the leagues best and when you have a D that good you can run a very conservative O. These upcoming games against the Saints will be awesome.

I still don't like the little celebrations Cam does after first downs and TDs but I can accept that it is a generational thing. I am old school and it seems that almost every player does something similar now.

Cam and the Panthers seem to have it rolling now. They are whipping inferior teams and Cam is playing virtually flawless. They just have to find a way to start beating the good teams and not lose in a close game. I am still not sold on Shula as an OC and their WRs have to stop dropping catchable balls. Their defense appears to be one of the leagues best and when you have a D that good you can run a very conservative O. These upcoming games against the Saints will be awesome.

I still don't like the little celebrations Cam does after first downs and TDs but I can accept that it is a generational thing. I am old school and it seems that almost every player does something similar now.

That deep sideline throw that Ted Ginn let go right through his hands was a perfect pass.

Cam needs a good RT and a legit #1 WR and the offense will be OK. They wasted a lot of money on RBs though. Neither is very impressive.

Cam needs a good RT and a legit #1 WR and the offense will be OK. They wasted a lot of money on RBs though. Neither is very impressive.

The previous GM tied up all that money on RBs and it got him fired. I like Steve Smith and I think he can still get it done as a #1 receiver. I am not a fan of drafting WRs really high. They can turn into bigger divas or just flop. The Lions wasted 3 high draft picks on WRs before finally getting a great one in Calvin Johnson.

The old GM was terrrrible, and the owner is slightly better than terrible but not by much. One of worst run franchises in the NFL IMO. But Panthers need help in the back 4, o-line, and WR. Trade Stewart for a capable #2 WR. FInd a young WR that can blossom into a #1 WR threat and I think the Panthers will be on their way.

• 2 weeks later...

May be time to revisit this. Maybe the Panthers are heading in the right direction now. The defense is outstanding this year which will hopefully give the front office the ability to focus solely on the offense in the draft. A true #1 WR won't come from the draft, but maybe they can grab a good OL or two and do some dealing for a #1WR. If the Panthers make the playoffs this year, I'd look for a deep run next year. If they don't, they'll be looking for a coach.

Cam did not play real well in SF, but he played good enough for them to win and that is most important. I will give Shula credit for that play DeAngelo scored on, it was nice. I am still not happy with the job he is doing. I just don't feel like he is taking advantage of Cam mobility enough. This game Monday night is going to be awesome. Playing the Pats is always a serious test for how your team is doing.

I think the OL still has some problem spots and their LT is getting older. However, I am usually in favor of early picks on the Oline.

Cam did not play real well in SF, but he played good enough for them to win and that is most important. I will give Shula credit for that play DeAngelo scored on, it was nice. I am still not happy with the job he is doing. I just don't feel like he is taking advantage of Cam mobility enough. This game Monday night is going to be awesome. Playing the Pats is always a serious test for how your team is doing.

I think the OL still has some problem spots and their LT is getting older. However, I am usually in favor of early picks on the Oline.

Cam was not having a particularly good day...and then every receiver let a good pass go right through his hands....lucky to win the game...strong defense. Cam really needs some WRs...Smith is the best they have and he certainly is not what he used to be. But...a win is a win when you are on the road. NE will pose a problem for them on Monday night.

Archived