Cam and the Panthers

AU64

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints are undefeated at home and rarely lose there under Sean Peyton. The Panthers can win out on their schedule and hopefully beat the Saints in Charlotte.

Cam either needs a new organization.... or an entire new coaching staff to learn from. Underdeveloped.

That and an OL...most of the starters are guys they found were bouncers at local bars. A great center....and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again, the biggest game of Cam's career. I guess we will be saying that again next month in his first playoff game. I think the Panthers are going to win today, 24-21.

Tough game for Cam so far. I know we love to blame Cam's Oline, his receivers, and Mike Shula. However, Cam still has some development to do. He is not making decisions fast enough against the blitz, and his passing accuracy still needs work. I know Cam can develop into a championship QB. The Panthers have the defense to win, and credit to Rivera for building one.

I was just about to post that this was probably the worst game I have seen Cam have this year (or maybe since he has been in the league) and then he pulls off that drive and TD in less than a minute. WDE Cam!

I feel what your saying AU64 because I found myself watching and rooting for Carolina now

more than my Cowboys.

I have given up on Dallas. Until JJ stops making the football decisions they will be stuck in mediocrity. As someone who grew up with Roger Staubach and the doomsday defense, this really sucks.

Happy for Cam, WDE.

Not happy with this staff. I don't care what their record is. #1 will never reach his potential with these guys at the helm.

How do you only have 2 first downs running the ball?

he was bad on third downs. but the last drive he repented. confidence, I don't think is a problem for cam but he might have built more with that drive.

he was bad on third downs. but the last drive he repented. confidence, I don't think is a problem for cam but he might have built more with that drive.

Yeah, i think his confidence may have taken a shot in Q1 when Steve Smith went down with a knee injury...

Man, Cam couldn't hit the ocean from the beach today. When his accuracy is off it is really off. C'mon Cam you need this game for the bye and home field in two weeks.

Congrats to Cam and the Panthers today. I was not happy with Rivera on the last series that the Panthers had the ball. Show some confidence in your passing game there. I think they would have lost if the Falcons center had not made that bad snap. I can't wait to watch Cam in the playoffs in two weeks whoever they play.

I would love to see Jeff Fisher and the Rams pull off the upset out in Seattle today but that would be asking for a lot. I do think the Rams will play them tough.

• 2 months later...

The Carolina Panthers have been the most disappointing team in free agency. Instead of getting Cam more help, they have let the majority of Cam's weapons go. He no longer has Ted Ginn, Jr., Brandon LaFell, and Steve Smith.

They missed out on Eric Decker, Emmanuelle Sanders, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, and Golden Tate. They will definitely have to get some major receiving help in the draft.

The Carolina Panthers have been the most disappointing team in free agency. Instead of getting Cam more help, they have let the majority of Cam's weapons go. He no longer has Ted Ginn, Jr., Brandon LaFell, and Steve Smith.

They missed out on Eric Decker, Emmanuelle Sanders, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, and Golden Tate. They will definitely have to get some major receiving help in the draft.

Plus a couple of his offensive linemen too. They appear to be insane...have a top QB that they were already overly-dependent on ....and let about all of his help get away. Amazing....sure hope they have something up their sleeves or next season will be a disaster for Cam and the Panthers.

... next season will be a disaster for Cam and the Panthers.

This past season easily could have been, that coaching staff is terrible & really lucked up with these guys pulling through for them the last half of the season. Now its clear everyone upstairs is inept as well. I can't wait for Cam to get out of there and see him develop under some decent coaching. I think they are going to be terrible this year. It's already shaping up that way.

Letting Steve Smith get away has to rank up there with one of the dumbest personnel moves I have ever seen. Who the heck is Cam going to get the ball to now? They don't have any playmakers left at the WR position. Do they just expect him to run the ball every play next year? As Forrest Gump's mama said, stupid is as stupid does!

Ankle surgery was a success ...

The surgery on quarterback Cam Newton's left ankle was successfully performed Wednesday by Panthers physician Robert Anderson.

"Dr. Anderson did not find anything unexpected in the procedure and the surgery went well," said Panthers Head Athletic Trainer Ryan Vermillion.

The recovery period for Newton is expected to be approximately four months.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Newtons-surgery-successful/3c4a4b11-2f14-4b72-99a4-da7cb36d4a60

Archived