New Tiger commits

StatTiger

Another Top 10 Alabama commit. Way to go coaches!!!!

1 Chris Keys LB/S North Jackson 6-2/205/4.57 - Committed to LSU.

2 Tommy Trott TE Trinity 6-4/240/4.80 - We should be working this kid hard. # 6 TE in the country. He is very athletic and has the softest hands. His dad played at :au: , so even though he doesnt have a clear leader listed right now, you gotta think he's leaning toward us over Bama and Miami.

3 Gabe McKenzie TE/DE Davidson 6-4/220/4.60 - Projects to be a TE, #9 overall. Davidson HS star has high interst in :au: and UF. Low interest in Bama.

4 Wes Brown DT/OL Athens 6-4/252/5.05 - Committed to UT.

5 Terrell Smith DB/WR Clay Chalkville 6-2/205/4.53 - Bama is his leader at this point, but still has medium interest in :au: . Could play S or WR.

6 Rex Sharpe LB Fairfield 6-3/210/4.64 - Committed to :au: . :cheer:

7 Charles Hoke TE Briarwood Christian 6-7/225/4.80 - Another nice TE, has medium interest in several schools, including :au: and Bama. No clear leader.

8 Montez Billings WR Pelham 6-1.5/167/4.50 - Tall and fast, but raw WR. Committed to :au: . :cheer:

9 Ali Sharrief RB North Jackson 5-11/200/4.50 - Committed to :au: . :cheer:

10 Bobby Greenwood DL Prattville 6-5/240/4.8 - DE has been offered by :au: , Vandy, Bama, FSU. No clear leader.

he's listed as a three star on autigers.com and a 4 star on auburnsports.com go figure, but its the same situation for Rex Sharpe

Trott set up his first two official visits, Bama in December and :au: in January. It's usually a good thing to get the last look.

he's listed as a three star on autigers.com and a 4 star on auburnsports.com go figure, but its the same situation for Rex Sharpe

As soon as he decides SPUAT is not his choice, you must automatically deduct one star from his rating. Don't you know the rule??? :big:

Watching SEC-TV this weekend, AU has several 4s and 5s considering and reconsidering us. These high profile guys seem to take longer because they can go anywhere. We seem to be going OK. Our season is turning some recruit's heads, so hopefully after signing date, we get some more fast and talented kids with the character CTT is looking for.

Watching SEC-TV this weekend, AU has several 4s and 5s considering and reconsidering us.  These high profile guys seem to take longer because they can go anywhere.  We seem to be going OK.  Our season is turning some recruit's heads, so hopefully after signing date, we get some more fast and talented kids with the character CTT is looking for.

117815[/snapback]

Please let it be BEFORE signing date!!

My brother-in-law coaches at Daleville HS and they just played Trinity this past weekend. He said Trott is the real deal and is virtually unstoppable at the 4A level. He thinks he'll make an immediate impact wherever her goes.

Saw Montez play last Friday at grissom-pelham game. He played WR-RB-QB-DB that night. Very athletic kid, good speed. He'll be snagging passes from Cox.

Montez is a flat out player. I read the story where he said he had always pulled for AU...if he qualifies, you guys got a standout.

117958[/snapback]

He still has work to do to qualify academically, but he went to summer school to get a head start.

"I'm looking forward to the recruiting process," said Billings, who also plays basketball for the Panthers. "But I can't afford to let it interfere with my studies."

He will plan his recruiting visits around his games and studies, he said.

Whole Article

Sounds like he has his priorities in order.

:au::au::au:

Yeah like the article said, he has some work to do to qualify. But the school year is pretty long. And with summer school in there too, he probably made up some pretty decent ground

If any kid had his head screwed on right, and is really trying to get his academics in order, the high schools will help him. Sounds like this kid knows what needs to be done.

ali sharrief said today that he is now considering alabama. he says that he is still commited to auburn but doesnt know if he will change his mind or not. i kind of hope he just goes to alabama. we need to make more room for the 4 and 5 stars anyway.

He would have a tough time getting into the rb rotation @ Auburn.

If he wants to play rb, he may need to look elsewhere.

Dont forget AU loses CW and RB. They signed two talented guys last year...but they still need to pickup 2 RBs in this class as well.

Im not saying Ali is one of those guys they HAVE to pickup as a RB...they may have a couple of other guys they are eyeballing, but they need to sign some regardless.

I live in Pelham. Montez has not been showcased very much this year for some reason. His stats are not as impressive as when he was a Junior. He does have ALOT of talent and ability. He has been an Auburn fan all his life and he will do well once he gets there. Grades may be a problem.

I do agree that we need to sign a RB, but Irons is the real deal and with Stewart and Tre(possibly) coming back, we will be fine at RB next year. You can't truly replace a CW and RB.

Yeah but Tre (if he comes back) will only be there for one year. So he wont factor into who you sign this year.

As far as Montez is concerned...hes seeing a lot more double teams this year. So his stats arent amazing, but hes making some awesome catches while doubled up.

BG you are not in tune with Auburn's wants and needs in this recruiting class (Not meant to be offensive). I am sure you understand Bama's position much better than I do.

Auburn will not sign any Rb in this class unless the coaches think he will be a "Stud" in the SEC and would play as freshmen.

Sharrief is being recruited as an "athlete". Meaning he will get looks RB and LB. He will play where he fits best into the system.

Auburn is being very honest with him in his recruitment.

Why is Chris Keys listed as the #1 recruit in the state of Alabama when he has never played one down of HS football in the state? Keys was expelled from his HS in LSU country and moved to Alabama to finish HS but is not eligable to play football in the state.

I know our uat bretheren do not want to hear this, but, with a medical redshirt, Tre Smith will have TWO more years @ AUBURN. (Not to mention Carl Stewart who is looking very comparable to Ronnie Brown.) :D

We are still LOADED at the rb position. Thank you Coach Tuberville & Staff ! ! ! ! :au:

BG you are not in tune with Auburn's wants and needs in this recruiting class (Not meant to be offensive). I am sure you understand Bama's position much better than I do.

Auburn will not sign any Rb in this class unless the coaches think he will be a "Stud" in the SEC and would play as freshmen.

Sharrief is being recruited as an "athlete". Meaning he will get looks RB and LB. He will play where he fits best into the system.

Auburn is being very honest with him in his recruitment.

Why is Chris Keys listed as the #1 recruit in the state of Alabama when he has never played one down of HS football in the state? Keys was expelled from his HS in LSU country and moved to Alabama to finish HS but is not eligable to play football in the state.

118194[/snapback]

Well AU has offered 14 guys at the RB position...so i think they are going after some.

Most of these kids are recruited as athletes and will be switched to dbs or lbs @

Auburn.

Archived