New Tiger commits

StatTiger

with a medical redshirt, Tre Smith will have TWO more years @ AUBURN. (

118196[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything official--is Tre's medical redshirt for this year a done deal?

...hope so!

ali sharrief said today that he is now considering alabama.  he says that he is still commited to auburn but doesnt know if he will change his mind or not.  i kind of hope he just goes to alabama.  we need to make more room for the 4 and 5 stars anyway.

118138[/snapback]

I hear bama is trying to get Sharrif and Keys as a package. It will be interesting to see if they will actually take Keys.

In looking at the roster, the two needs I see are:

1. Wide receivers. Silas is gone this year. Aromdo and Obewon will be gone next year. Not a ton of proven talent after Courtney Taylor and we need to pick up a couple of 6' plus guys.

2. Linebackers. They've done a stellar job this year but we do need more size and numbers.

Rainman's Recruiting wishlist:

1 QB

1 HB

1 FB

2 TE

3 WR

Tons of OL (bc it never hurts)

2 DT

2 DE

Tons of LB

2 CB

1 FS

0 punters/place kickers!!!!

So, I feel that we need an emphasis on LB, WR, and OL

RB is far down my list because of Stewart, Lester, Smith, Irons, Watson, etc.

You are right. We are set at rb for the next several years. (Unless a real stud is on the horizon!) :au:

AU desperately needs to recruit some more people who can play CB instead of RB. After that, I see the skills priority as being TE, WR, LB, RB & QB. It goes without saying we could always use some more 4* linemen on either side of the ball.

0 punters/place kickers!!!!

118250[/snapback]

We're certainly in good shape with Kody punting for a few more years.

I wish we had a placekicker we could count on for making field goals, though! We're lucky a big game hasn't come down to having to hit a 40+ yarder for the win.

John Vaughn has done a MUCH better job this year. What is his record, attempts/made this year?..StatTiger? :)

John Vaughn has done a MUCH better job this year. What is his record, attempts/made this year?..StatTiger? :)

118298[/snapback]

Yeah, I didn't mean to besmirch the improvement--it's been good to see. But I'll still be very concerned if the Georgia/Bama/SECCG game comes down to needing a 45-yd field goal to win.

Archived