New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

I like Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern. Hes fired up and has the right mentality to be in the SEC.

He's a Northwestern Alum.... not sure if we could pull him away.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern. Hes fired up and has the right mentality to be in the SEC.

He's a Northwestern Alum.... not sure if we could pull him away.

I don't think that has much weight when the alma mater is a lower tier BCS school traditionally.

Norm Chow

During his time as an assistant football coach, Chow has helped coach 8 of the top 14 career passing-efficiency leaders and 13 quarterbacks who rank among the top 30 in NCAA history for single-season passing yardage. The list of players he coached includes Jim McMahon, Steve Young, and Philip Rivers, as well as Heisman Trophy winners Ty Detmer, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart. -Wikipedia

Norm Chow

During his time as an assistant football coach, Chow has helped coach 8 of the top 14 career passing-efficiency leaders and 13 quarterbacks who rank among the top 30 in NCAA history for single-season passing yardage. The list of players he coached includes Jim McMahon, Steve Young, and Philip Rivers, as well as Heisman Trophy winners Ty Detmer, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart. -Wikipedia

He is also damaged goods. He hasn't seemed the same since his stint in the NFL, underachieving as OC at Utah as well as UCLA. Hawaii is also 1-5 so far this season with him at the helm, with a bunch of blowout losses.

Jimbo Fisher gets my vote! He has brought FSU back. I don't know if he would be ready to leave since he just got there but let's go for it. Malzhan is not the guy folks.

I think if Auburn does go in a different direction, a coach that has actually been a head coach would be the logical choice. I dont think Kirby Smart would leave Bama to coach at Auburn. IMO.

Tony Dungy 220px-Tony_Dungy_award_cropped.jpg

Dungy as coach with the Colts, November 2007 Former defensive back / head coach

Personal information

Date of birth: (1955-10-06) October 6, 1955 (age 57) Place of birth: Jackson, Michigan Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) Weight: 188 lb (85 kg)

Career information

High school: Parkside High School College: Minnesota Undrafted in 1976 Debuted in 1977 for the Pittsburgh Steelers Last played in 1979 for the San Francisco 49ers Made coaching debut in 1981 for the Pittsburgh Steelers Last coached in 2008 for the Indianapolis Colts

Career history

As player:

*Offseason and/or practice squad member only As coach:

Career highlights and awards

Career NFL statistics

Win-loss record 139-69 Winning % 68.8 Games 208 Stats at NFL.com Stats at pro-football-reference.com Stats at DatabaseFootball.com

Anthony Kevin "Tony" Dungy (/ˈdʌni/DUN-jee; born October 6, 1955)

Tony Dungy 220px-Tony_Dungy_award_cropped.jpg

Dungy as coach with the Colts, November 2007 Former defensive back / head coach

Personal information

Date of birth: (1955-10-06) October 6, 1955 (age 57) Place of birth: Jackson, Michigan Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) Weight: 188 lb (85 kg)

Career information

High school: Parkside High School College: Minnesota Undrafted in 1976 Debuted in 1977 for the Pittsburgh Steelers Last played in 1979 for the San Francisco 49ers Made coaching debut in 1981 for the Pittsburgh Steelers Last coached in 2008 for the Indianapolis Colts

Career history

As player:

*Offseason and/or practice squad member only As coach:

Career highlights and awards

Career NFL statistics

Win-loss record 139-69 Winning % 68.8 Games 208 Stats at NFL.com Stats at pro-football-reference.com Stats at DatabaseFootball.com

Anthony Kevin "Tony" Dungy (/ˈdʌni/DUN-jee; born October 6, 1955)

Would be my absolute favorite, a great fit for Auburn, and the type of guy any parent would feel comfortable sending their child to play for. Problem is, I think the cost of buying out Chizik, the majority of the staff, and paying Dungy (or any NFL guy) and his staff's salary may be prohibitively expensive.

The players and the other coaches and fans would have the upmost respect for coach Dungy. We all know he would bring a winner program back to Auburn and I could see him staying at Auburn until he wanted to retire. And since he's only 57, coach Dungy we could have a winner for a very long time. I also believe we need to bring in a new strength coach with some fresh and new ways to keep our guys from getting so warn out by the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Offer coach Dungy 5 to 6 million a with no buyout and give him full control of the football program. Within 2 years, we'd be playing for another SEC and national championship.

Norm Chow

He is also damaged goods. He hasn't seemed the same since his stint in the NFL, underachieving as OC at Utah as well as UCLA. Hawaii is also 1-5 so far this season with him at the helm, with a bunch of blowout losses.

That is why he would never be considered.

Any new coach must be given absolute control over his program. He is the firewall. Everything must go through him. This unwillingness to give the coach total say over their program is rumored to be what kept Garry Patterson from coming to AU in 2009.

Say goodbye to Jacobs, Jackson, and anyone associated with them first. Tell Dye thank you for what he did for Auburn, but its time to go to the farm and watch Auburn from afar. Go to Nashville, ask Franklin to come with his entire staff and athletic support staff. And GET OUT IF HIS WAY AND LET HIM COACH. And tell Franklin that he can tell whomever he wants to stay out of his business and not to interfere with his operation. Give him the reigns to the football program to be head coach, general manager, and CEO.

Any new coach must be given absolute control over his program. He is the firewall. Everything must go through him. This unwillingness to give the coach total say over their program is rumored to be what kept Garry Patterson from coming to AU in 2009.

His interview kept him from coming. But you are right. Bama learned that lesson and it's about time we do to.

Say goodbye to Jacobs, Jackson, and anyone associated with them first. Tell Dye thank you for what he did for Auburn, but its time to go to the farm and watch Auburn from afar. Go to Nashville, ask Franklin to come with his entire staff and athletic support staff. And GET OUT IF HIS WAY AND LET HIM COACH. And tell Franklin that he can tell whomever he wants to stay out of his business and not to interfere with his operation. Give him the reigns to the football program to be head coach, general manager, and CEO.

I would make that proposal about Charlie Strong before Franklin.

AU is a basket case...and tell me why any big name coach like Dungy or Gruden would risk their reputation trying to resurrect a program with all these problem. And don't tell me money....'cause they have all they need...and they aren't trying to build their resumes.

I can't recall any big-name coach takng over a 3-8 team ....and don't mention Saban 'cause he was just bailing out of Miami before he got fired.

When Chiz is gone we will end up with someone like Freeze or Dooley or a high profile coordinator like Smart who has never coached a game nor spent hours in press conferences with sniping reporters....or had to avoid angry alums in the grocery stores, etc. Not saying that's bad...but we better get used to the idea of going back to some version of the spread because there are only a handful of schools trying to run the traditional pro-set and virtually no HS is running that offense.

If we have to copy what uatT did to get a REAL coach who's a winner, then by george lets do it. Coach Tony Dungy would by my #1 pick. Others are Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, Kyle Whiingham (his Utah team clubbed uaT in the Sugar bowl), Art Briles, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher.

What did South Carolina do the year before they hired Steve Spurrier? What did uaT do the year before they hied saban?

Archived